Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My dealer has been very good with email updates. I asked him last week to give me updates this week. I don't think he works on Mondays though, so I don't expect an email today from him. I got my last email from him on Saturday. I just wish we could see these secondary status updates some other way.
My VIN tracker just says " Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. "
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach Drop Build Updates tenor
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
ChasingCoral, we watched your namesake documentary last weekend and had the same reaction to it, except bigger eyes ? Wow!
Yes, it's an awesome film. Glad you enjoyed it.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
As much as I hate my dealer, would be kind of crazy to switch and potentially add in 2/3 months to my delivery time (and have no chance at a first edition). My order seems fine in that Ford can see it, and the dealer can see it. From what I can tell he just doesn't know how to get my stuff (or just doesn't care enough)

I would but getting to the dealer is a pain. I've been avoiding public transit (took it once to go to the Doctor) so to take the risk just to get some dates doesn't seem worth it. I figure once other people start to hear about shipping for their Mach Drop it might become more worth it
Hate to say it but your dealer has absolutely no idea what they are doing.

I would honestly goto the GM of the dealership and reference this Forum. Tell them everyone else with a MachDrop order has had their VIN for months. It's readily available if the order was actually placed. I don't know if they get it from WEBDO or some other Ford invoice system but I guarantee you, if they placed the order, your VIN is ready.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If this info is on my web sticker, does that mean the car is scheduled to be delivered via rail or it's on rail?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach Drop Build Updates 1609799811696

It's odd because my sticker has Primary Status: In Production

But no production date and a bogus ETA End Date. Dealer told me 6 weeks ago today was by build date.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If this info is on my web sticker, does that mean the car is scheduled to be delivered via rail or it's on rail?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach Drop Build Updates 1609799811696

But no production date and a bogus ETA End Date. Dealer told me 6 weeks ago today was by build date.
I think this info that is printed on the window sticker is to assist the workers who handle the vehicle during the shipping process. Your vehicle is expected to leave the factory by rail. When it arrives at it's final rail yard it will be parked in an area labeled "84" and loaded on a transport truck for the last leg of the journey to the dealership.

The part that has me wondering a little bit is how does the truck driver know which dealership to deliver the car to? "84" likely covers multiple dealers in that area. I don't think that info is on the window sticker anywhere. There must be other shipping paperwork that supplements the window sticker.

We received 3 new trucks a week or two ago and they had a sticker on the windshield. Was probably something the dealer would normally remove but we were kinda in a hurry to take delivery. It shows the dealer name and a code S41. I wonder when that sticker gets applied? At the factory, at the rail yard or somewhere else?

20210104_164837.jpg

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Remember that 1/4 is just the build WEEK scheduled for the MachDrops, not the build day. I've been told my build day is 1/7. I'm guessing that will probably slip 7-10 days though.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach Drop Build Updates 20210104_164837

Yup this week is Mach Drop production week and the status description you have is same for me - build date this week. The production date will be filled in after build is complete. The In production status will change to awaiting Shipment when ready for shipping and then to In Transit. The boxes just mean initial shipment by rail and the ramp number is the off loading location I believe - it will be the same for all MMEs going to your area.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I think this info that is printed on the window sticker is to assist the workers who handle the vehicle during the shipping process. Your vehicle is expected to leave the factory by rail. When it arrives at it's final rail yard it will be parked in an area labeled "84" and loaded on a transport truck for the last leg of the journey to the dealership.

The part that has me wondering a little bit is how does the truck driver know which dealership to deliver the car to? "84" likely covers multiple dealers in that area. I don't think that info is on the window sticker anywhere. There must be other shipping paperwork that supplements the window sticker.

We received 3 new trucks a week or two ago and they had a sticker on the windshield. Was probably something the dealer would normally remove but we were kinda in a hurry to take delivery. It shows the dealer name and a code S41. I wonder when that sticker gets applied? At the factory, at the rail yard or somewhere else?

20210104_164837.jpg
The ramp number is not for truckers but the off loading from train - if my recollection is right from this discussion last few months. Truckers may have something else pointing them to dealer location.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
Hate to say it but your dealer has absolutely no idea what they are doing.

I would honestly goto the GM of the dealership and reference this Forum. Tell them everyone else with a MachDrop order has had their VIN for months. It's readily available if the order was actually placed. I don't know if they get it from WEBDO or some other Ford invoice system but I guarantee you, if they placed the order, your VIN is ready.
Oh, I'm sure they have no idea what they are doing. I'd love to tell him about this forum but he only seems to pick up my calls once a month so I'm sure my delivery will be here before he returns my next call :p

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Since this is Mach Drop build week, I stopped by my dealer this morning to see if I could pry any new information - last I heard was before Thanksgiving and I was given my VIN and a build week of 1/4/21.

I found my salesman and after pleasantries he told me that he was excited about my Mach-e. I thought that he was pulling my leg; he explained that he is taking the classes & tests on the car so he can be better prepared to sell them and was pumped with the technology.

He said I probably knew this but the Mach-e can be opened, started and driven without the key!

I told him my understanding was that Ford is moving away from keys and fobs to phones, (you always have your phone) with this move you never know when you may drop your phone in the river (he is a big fisherman) and without a key/fob be stuck.

So, at least with Donnie, the more training the more excited our sales people may become and hopefully understand our excitement and be more responsive.

OH, he looked and my car is being welded together today!!!!!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Thanks for the update. I wonder how long from weld, till parked and ready to ship?
For reference - my Mach-E:
Sent to plant: Dec 10th 2020
Scheduled Build Day: Dec 16th 2020
Assembly: Dec 18th 2020
Trim Line: Dec 23rd 2020
--Plant Shutdown--
FInal Production Date: Jan 05 2021 (Likely Jan 4th, but tracker shows 5th)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
For reference - my Mach-E:
Sent to plant: Dec 10th 2020
Scheduled Build Day: Dec 16th 2020
Assembly: Dec 18th 2020
Trim Line: Dec 23rd 2020
--Plant Shutdown--
FInal Production Date: Jan 05 2021 (Likely Jan 4th, but tracker shows 5th)
Mine was finished before the holiday shutdown:
Sent to plant: Dec 9 2020
Scheduled Build Day: Dec 15 2020
Body Shop: Dec 17 2020
Trim Line: Dec 19 2020
Produced: Dec 22 2020 (Likely finished Dec 21, but updated in system 03:00 Dec 22)
Shipped: Dec 31 2020
ETA: 2/3-2-9 2021
Sponsored