BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I know these forums can lead people to believe that the car has so many issues that it almost seems like owners don’t love this car. I don’t think that is actually true though. After a year and a half of ownership, 23k miles, and a few minor road trips, I’m still in love with this car. Comfortable, usable, great for commuting, decent sound system (even in the base model), looks amazing and super fun to drive. I just took a rare joy ride (I’ve just been commuting and grocery getting recently) slid around a few turns, accelerated hard and got that thrill that this car can provide. Who else loves their Mach-E?
Sponsored

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
We Love ours! Drives better than any car we've owned. Silent and fast. Would definitely buy one again (wish the budget could support another one, because I would love to get one for myself).

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had mine since April 21 16K miles. I have had only minor issues. I know many complain about OTA or lack there of. For this is the first car, I'm 68, that has improved over time and still looking forward to more changes. I can't say that about any other car I have owned. It makes me pay attention to this forum on a regular basis to see what is coming. Could they have done a better job on OTA, sure. But my car rides very well. No issues to do with driving. Even my wife who thought my BMWs were to harsh a ride, doesn't mide the stiffer supension in the Mach E compared to her lexus. I buy lots of different brand cars so not sure I will buy another Mach E but only because I like a new car to be different from the last. I also have a really good dealer service department (Watertown Ford, MA) for the recalls and minor issues. That helps a lot also.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
I love mine!!! In spite of a few painful road trips (not due to issues with the ME but range anxiety). I have the intermittent Carplay connectivity issue and the latest power-up update added some intermittent Ford app misreads on the actual charging state, but all in all, I LOVE MY ME.

It IS a computer on wheels. And as I retired professional geek, it is an awesome vehicle to me!

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is my second Mach-E. First one I had for 9 months, 10K miles. My current one is going on one year and has 18K miles. I'm 68, retired, enjoy modding my cars and I do all my own updates and repairs. I've owned 48 vehicles at last count and I have stated before while the Mach-E is not the fastest, best handling/riding, quietest or most fun vehicle I've owned, it is my favorite one so far.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
When it's good, it's great.

When it's bad, it really sucks.

We're early adopters of an all-new vehicle by an established American car company in the segment with the most excitement and innovation. Practically beta testers. I'll appreciate this moment in time more fondly in a few years.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I still look for reasons to go driving. For me, it’s all about the smoothness and responsiveness of the electric motors. As much as I love my Acura RDX (and I do, no doubt), when you mash on the accelerator, there’s a two beat count and then it jerks forward, whines, growls, and screams as it launches its four-banger against the weight of a small SUV. With the Mach-E, it’s got this elastic smoothness that is just sublime. Honestly, I would never want to go back to an ICE as my daily driver alone just because of the smooth torque provided by a BEV.

I’ve been pretty lucky with my MME (except for the lack of OTAs in my Job 1.5), and I’m still concerned when/if the SSN is going to hit, but I’d buy this car over again in a heartbeat still knowing what I know now. I’ve also done a few modifications which I’ve NEVER done before, so that’s telling me that I must really feel differently about this ride over others in my past.

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Thank you for making this positive post. Need more of that on this forum!!
I love my MME.

Put it on whisper mode and blue cruise and my commute back/forth from Work has never been as comfortable and stress free .

Put it on engaged mode and spin rubber from a stop light.

Put it on unbridled and it handles corners way better than a car this weight and size should!

Last edited:

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
We've had ours since July '21 and have 28k miles on it. It is my wife's commuter for her 90 mile round trip, and she loves it, her overall favorite vehicle by far.
As you can see in my profile pic, I also have a Porsche 911, so I am spoiled, and it is my favorite vehicle overall. LOL But for what it is used for, the ME has been great. I have never been a Ford guy, but it was the only reasonable BEV to me at the time based on cost, trim levels and dealer availability.

TLDR: It is saving us a whole lot of money and the wife loves it, so it has been a great purchase.

From this and other online resources, I knew what I was getting myself into with a first model year of a brand new platform with a brand new drivetrain. I have been programming computers for 43 years now, and the software, both in the car and the app, is some of the worst I have every seen. However, the car drives fine, so mostly just annoyances, and some have actually been fixed with OTAs. I gave up on PaaK on day one, and I have to carry a fob for my other 2 ICEVs, so no big deal to me.
We did get the dreaded HV battery contactor issue, but our dealer is awesome, picked up the car and my wife from work, got us a rental and it was back in under a week.

I am a long time motorhead who has built my own high performance motors and rebuilt transmissions in my garage, so I was pretty anti-EV, until I did some real research. I was stunned by how much I could save on fuel for my wife's commute. My wife was using our 2014 18mpg (or less) Hemi powered small SUV, which required mid-grade or better, so when gas was $5.799 here, her commute was costing us about $29 a DAY. The ME is costing me about $1.50. We sold the 2014 for 28k, so our ME pays for itself in fuel savings alone in under 5 years. I am thrilled not to have to do oil changes or other ICE maintenance, and the wife loves not going to gas station every week and she gets to use the HOV lane by herself.

In a couple of years when there are more and better choices, we will probably sell the ME to get a BEV truck. The wife loves sitting up higher, and then I will save money on the shorter trips I use my giant 18mpg (or 10 while towing) ICE SUV for now.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
We've had ours since July '21 and have 28k miles on it. It is my wife's commuter for her 90 mile round trip, and she loves it, her overall favorite vehicle by far.
As you can see in my profile pic, I also have a Porsche 911, so I am spoiled, and it is my favorite vehicle overall. LOL But for what it is used for, the ME has been great. I have never been a Ford guy, but it was the only reasonable BEV to me at the time based on cost, trim levels and dealer availability.

TLDR: It is saving us a whole lot of money and the wife loves it, so it has been a great purchase.

From this and other online resources, I knew what I was getting myself into with a first model year of a brand new platform with a brand new drivetrain. I have been programming computers for 43 years now, and the software, both in the car and the app, is some of the worst I have every seen. However, the car drives fine, so mostly just annoyances, and some have actually been fixed with OTAs. I gave up on PaaK on day one, and I have to carry a fob for my other 2 ICEVs, so no big deal to me.
We did get the dreaded HV battery contactor issue, but our dealer is awesome, picked up the car and my wife from work, got us a rental and it was back in under a week.

I am a long time motorhead who has built my own high performance motors and rebuilt transmissions in my garage, so I was pretty anti-EV, until I did some real research. I was stunned by how much I could save on fuel for my wife's commute. My wife was using our 2014 18mpg (or less) Hemi powered small SUV, which required mid-grade or better, so when gas was $5.799 here, her commute was costing us about $29 a DAY. The ME is costing me about $1.50. We sold the 2014 for 28k, so our ME pays for itself in fuel savings alone in under 5 years. I am thrilled not to have to do oil changes or other ICE maintenance, and the wife loves not going to gas station every week and she gets to use the HOV lane by herself.

In a couple of years when there are more and better choices, we will probably sell the ME to get a BEV truck. The wife loves sitting up higher, and then I will save money on the shorter trips I use my giant 18mpg (or 10 while towing) ICE SUV for now.
THIS. +1.

OP
OP

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I came from a MB S500 that was soooo old, and it had nothing but problems as a commuter, but it was a really nice ride, and plenty fast for a big boat, and a leased CX-5 that was totally problem free.

Other then being stranded once for HVJB failure, all the other times I brought the car in for service were voluntarily, and probably didn’t even need to be done.

The month I didn’t have my Mach-E was painful, driving ICE cars, even if they are nice, isn’t in my future. I don’t know if I am going to go Mach-E for my next car, but it’s not outside the realm of possibility. I’m definitely keeping this one though, until the wheels fall off.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
While I can't comment on any reliability issues because I've only owned my MME for a few weeks I can say that so far I really like this car. Only time will tell on how well it holds up but so far I'm happy with it.

What I can comment on is my dealer experience. Uftring Ford in East Peoria Illinois was AWESOME to deal with. No dealer bullshit like high pressure sales pitches for items like extended warranties, paint protection, window etching, ect.... and no ADM either. You know the normal BS crappy dealers like to pull.

Yeah, so anyway I'm really happy with the car and my dealer experience. I'm really excited put a few more miles on the odometer and really get a feal for it!👍:)

Londonboy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Barely had it for a month. Love it. Drove a Jaguar S-type 3.0 V6 auto for 21 years. Compares very well.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
I absolutely HATE driving and being in a car in general. This is the first vehicle I've actually WANTED to drive. I feel safer in it than most of the other vehicles I've owned with maybe the Chevy Colorado being an exception. Definitely my favorite vehicle so far. It also really hit a double win for me that it looked more like a SUV/CUV *and* is a "Mustang." I had always wanted a Mustang as a teenager, but my dad refused saying, "they have too much power, you'll kill yourself!" If only he knew I have this one that is way faster than any from my teenage years... if his warning comes true, at least I'll die happy. 😂 Absolutely love it!