wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
So I am a big fan of Molson Canadian beer (only drink one a day though!)- and can not find it in Northern California - I did a search and found it in Reno, NV. My wife and my two college age children were working / studying yesterday - so friend and I made a quick beer run to Reno from the Sacramento area. Beautiful day and Mach e performed flawless - Charged at a EA 350 Kwh charger in Sparks NV by a Target. Ate a quick lunch and by the time we were done - Mach e went from 46% to 80%. While hooking up at the charger a couple pulled up in an Audi e-Tron. They said they love their e-Tron but looked hard at the Mach e. first. But they realized they would have to wait awhile once they ordered one, and they wanted a little more room inside the car.. They also apparently got a good deal as it was a 2020demo - so they said they got if for $15K under MSRP - range 220 miles. See pics.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach e Beer Run DSC04776
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach e Beer Run DSC04772.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach e Beer Run IMG_6574
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach e Beer Run IMG_6577

Last edited:

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
So I am a big fan of Molson Canadian beer (only drink one a day though!)- and can not find it in Northern California - I did a search and found it in Reno, NV. My wife and my two college age children were working / studying yesterday - so friend and I made a quick beer run to Reno from the Sacramento area. Beautiful day and Mach e performed flawless - Charged at a EA 350 Kwh charger in Sparks NV by a Target. Ate a quick lunch and by the time we were done - Mach e went from 46% to 80%. While hooking up at the charger a couple pulled up in an Audi e-Tron. They said they love their e-Tron but looked hard at the Mach e. first. But they realized they would have to wait awhile once they ordered one, and they wanted a little more room inside the car.. They also apparently got a good deal as it was a 2020
demo - so they said they got if for $15K under MSRP - range 220 miles. See pics.
Great looking car and good taste in beer ?. I never knew you can get that in the States good to know .

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm more of a whiskey guy, so my road trip report will likely involve a round trip to Kentucky!
Depending on where you are in Illinois - probably 350+ miles to Kentucky - could do in one very long day - but probably better for an overnight trip - time to recover from your first night of sipping! Either way - lots of fun hours driving the Mach e.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Depending on where you are in Illinois - probably 350+ miles to Kentucky - could do in one very long day - but probably better for an overnight trip - time to recover from your first night of sipping! Either way - lots of fun hours driving the Mach e.
When I go, it will likely be for the better part of a week. Lot's of distilleries I've yet to visit.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great looking car and good taste in beer ?. I never knew you can get that in the States good to know .
Jamie - I used to be able to get Molson in the Sacramento area - occasionally on the shelves of local grocers - but then that stopped - for awhile I could get the grocers to order it for me - but then it all stopped. Tried BevMo, Total Wine, etc - but no luck (they say their distributors do not have it)- I thought I found it again in the east Bay Area of the larger San Francisco Bay Area - but no luck on my last search - hence the Reno run. It's funny because Coors (in Colorado) merged with Molson in 2005 - and now it has 100% of Miller too. Maybe they just don't want to compete with themselves. Maybe this is good for me - forced to take the occasional fun road to trip to the Tahoe - Reno area in the Mach e and keeps my consumption down. Will enjoy one tonight.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
And good to have a beer at the end to celebrate.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
Sounds like fun.. Although I'm a Labatt Blue guy myself.
Ditto, but has to be Latte Blue brewed in Canada. We always pick some up while in Canada fishing. Not the same taste when from a brewery here in the States.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ditto, but has to be Latte Blue brewed in Canada. We always pick some up while in Canada fishing. Not the same taste when from a brewery here in the States.
Oh no! Now I've got to find some Labatt Blue to try - but as it turns out, closest place according to the search link below is San Francisco - oh well - another beer road trip in the future...

https://www.labattusa.com/finder/

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
Jamie - I used to be able to get Molson in the Sacramento area - occasionally on the shelves of local grocers - but then that stopped - for awhile I could get the grocers to order it for me - but then it all stopped. Tried BevMo, Total Wine, etc - but no luck (they say their distributors do not have it)- I thought I found it again in the east Bay Area of the larger San Francisco Bay Area - but no luck on my last search - hence the Reno run. It's funny because Coors (in Colorado) merged with Molson in 2005 - and now it has 100% of Miller too. Maybe they just don't want to compete with themselves. Maybe this is good for me - forced to take the occasional fun road to trip to the Tahoe - Reno area in the Mach e and keeps my consumption down. Will enjoy one tonight.
I'm right with you, that sounds like a great road trip in the Mach E
Sponsored