Kaminder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium AWD
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
I got mach premium and 3 weeks ago I charge it to 80% but range is like 115miles.Any one else with same issue...any suggestions to increase range.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
That’s about right for an SR in winter.

OP
OP

Kps

First Name
Kaminder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium AWD
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
I wasn't told by dealer that it will loose the range...

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Do you have a home charger? Do you have common work times? You don't lose range if you pre-condition (set departure time).

The battery has 1300lbs mass (ER), and it holds temps. Even if you set a 6a departure time, but leave at 8, your batt is still quite warm. In winter stay connected to charger (set limit to 80 or 85% max charge however), and with departure times set your batt will be warm.

All batt chemistries are temp sensitive. There's just less energy available at cooler temps. Heating the battery up will increase its range.

OP
OP

Kps

First Name
Kaminder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium AWD
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Departure time doesn't work...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach e charging issue Screenshot_20230123_200957_FordPass

Deleted member 16048

This is just how EV's work. Just like in the winter gas vehicles will loose some range as well. Just not as drastic and most don't notice this at all.

I have hard that Ford suggests resetting your EV driving history often in the winter months to allow new calculations and for range estimates to get adjusted. Remember, range is an estimate and in reality you can do better or worse than what it shows. It's meant as a guide.

Also just to note, that screenshot does little to show that departure times are not working. It does look like you have a charge level defined for you home and good job running the battery down like that. That will help the battery health over time so that's great to see.

There is a lot to learn with EV's when it comes to range and charging. It's best to seek to understand why something is happening instead of coming in hot about not being told about it.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Departure time doesn't work...
Departure time does work -- there's 2 variables, departure time, and charging times. You may be confusing the 2.

However if your charging time won't get you to your desired level of charge before departure time, there may be conflict. Looks like you've got plenty of current though so it shouldn't be an issue.

Set departure time and it will be ready for you. Also, don't treat your climate control like you would in ICE where you have most of your heat going out the tail pipe and plenty to tap. Use seat warmer / steering wheel warmer while keeping cabin at mid 60s temp. Using your e-heat (as in HVAC) will decrease your range the warmer you keep it. On max it consumes 7.5kWh I believe (might have been the bolt EUVs rating). Sorry, I've had many cars the last year.

OP
OP

Kps

First Name
Kaminder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium AWD
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
But I drive 150 to 175 miles twice a week to work and I never get that kinda range,it was dealers responsibility to educate about how this works.Now they have blocked my number and don't even want to talk to me.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
But I drive 150 to 175 miles twice a week to work and I never get that kinda range,it was dealers responsibility to educate about how this works.Now they have blocked my number and don't even want to talk to me.

and the mach-e playlist (has junk vids mixed in, just skip them)

OP
OP

Kps

First Name
Kaminder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium AWD
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Is it good to use one peddle drive?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
OP
OP

Kps

First Name
Kaminder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium AWD
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Which is better whisper,engage or unbridled

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It’s not the dealers responsibility to educate you. It’s your responsibility to educate yourself. You can ask them questions but ultimately it is up to you to be sure you’re getting the correct answers.

Welcome to EV ownership in the winter, good luck.
Sponsored