Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Performance Pack
Occupation
Product Designer
Country flag
Good info here.

One thing mentioned in the video was that Select reservations didn't receive the e-mail, this is not correct since I preordered a Select and also received an e-mail. I plan on switching my preorder to a premium so it's good news that I received it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Lots of these vehicles have little yellow stickers with ID numbers, the early mules even had code names from video game characters.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I posted this in another thread but, it is relevant here.

I just got off the helpline. According to Ford, whether you received the email last week, or not, the order system will open up to the ALL reservist on June 26th. (ALL- Select, FE, Premium, California, and, GT). FE reservist have thru August 31 to complete their order. ALL else (Select, Premium, Cal, GT) have until December 31, 2020. You will be able to change ALL perimeters, except order an FE. (ALL- models, dealer, color, interior, etc.). As FEs become available, they will go onto the system and CAN be chosen. But only after one is cancelled. Hit and miss.

Ford recommended getting the pricing (ADM and AXZ-Plan) in writing before selecting a dealership on the order.

Note: If you did not receive last week's email, I would call the helpline to ensure Ford has your reservation, just saying.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Ford recommended getting the pricing (ADM and AXZ-Plan) in writing before selecting a dealership on the order.
So, I've been reading the threads here about people concerned with ADM. I guess I am totally confused. I had assumed that when we place our order, we are shown a price. This is how it has worked for me in the past, for example, when I ordered a Chevy. I'll be honest, even if I had something in writing, I think most car dealerships are so sleazy they wouldn't feel compelled to honor it.

I was sort of banking on seeing a price when I click the "order" button, and when it arrives that is what I pay. If they slap anything on top of the price at delivery that was not there when I clicked that order button, screw them I'll leave the car right there on the lot.

Am I off base here?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, I've been reading the threads here about people concerned with ADM. I guess I am totally confused. I had assumed that when we place our order, we are shown a price. This is how it has worked for me in the past, for example, when I ordered a Chevy. I'll be honest, even if I had something in writing, I think most car dealerships are so sleazy they wouldn't feel compelled to honor it.

I was sort of banking on seeing a price when I click the "order" button, and when it arrives that is what I pay. If they slap anything on top of the price at delivery that was not there when I clicked that order button, screw them I'll leave the car right there on the lot.

Am I off base here?
I'm a little confused on when and where any ADM (or any other add-on charges a dealer might try to slip in) might come in too. This online order process is so different that normal. At least in the US where we don't deal directly with the manufacturer like this on a purchase, only the dealership (not counting Tesla).

I'm not even sure we'll see if any ADM will be added when the online orders start next week. Since they're rolling out the same day across the country, I assume we're dealing with a Ford online system, not each dealership having their own. Will there even be a place in it for dealers to add ADM there if they're going to do so, or could that be a surprise tacked on later?

Still a lot of unknowns.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag

Am I off base here?
I have a similar concern.

If we'll be shown a firm price during ordering process, there's no need to get anything from the dealer in writing.

If a firm price won't be established, I would wonder if a written promise from the dealer is any good. If I were a dealer with no morality, and there is a market for immediately-available Mach E. I'll raise the price for any car delivered to my slot, and tell the order holder to take it or leave it.

If that happens, Ford will look really bad. Can Ford do anything about it if that happens?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Paulalex01 said:
When the order banks open to customers for ordering, customers can CHANGE any parameter (model, color, battery, interior, etc.). Except cannot change to First Edition. So, you can change from Premium to GT when ordering. You just will have to wait till next year to receive.

First Editions are full. I'm not sure how they will handle cancellations. We'll see.

Yes to all that, but not next week. If my analysis is correct, to switch from non-GT to GT you need to wait until GT ordering starts. That only makes logical sense, how can you switch and order a GT if the actual original GT reservationists can't even order yet.
Since there is no GT info in the order guide. I think my statement was correct. No GT ordering until a later date than the other trims.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2021-mach-e-mustang-order-guide.877/

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Paulalex01 said:
When the order banks open to customers for ordering, customers can CHANGE any parameter (model, color, battery, interior, etc.). Except cannot change to First Edition. So, you can change from Premium to GT when ordering. You just will have to wait till next year to receive.

First Editions are full. I'm not sure how they will handle cancellations. We'll see.

Since there is no GT info in the order guide. I think my statement was correct. No GT ordering until a later date than the other trims.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2021-mach-e-mustang-order-guide.877/
But, you CAN get online the 26th and change your GT order to a Premium, Select, or Rt1. Order banks open to ALL the 26th.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
But, you CAN get online the 26th and change your GT order to a Premium, Select, or Rt1. Order banks open to ALL the 26th.
Yes, I think you’re right, never said otherwise about going down from a GT, only moving up to the GT.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a similar concern.

If we'll be shown a firm price during ordering process, there's no need to get anything from the dealer in writing.

If a firm price won't be established, I would wonder if a written promise from the dealer is any good. If I were a dealer with no morality, and there is a market for immediately-available Mach E. I'll raise the price for any car delivered to my slot, and tell the order holder to take it or leave it.

If that happens, Ford will look really bad. Can Ford do anything about it if that happens?
Yeah, there are some passive-aggressive things that Ford can do to dealers that mess around with MME reservation holders. For instance, the district manager could say something like it's a real shame about their Mustang Mach-E sales tactics and oh-by-the -way, those King Ranch and Platinum F-150s you've been asking about are going to the Ford dealer across town.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Am I off base here?
All I can tell you is that the Ford rep told me to get "in writing" your dealer's commitment to ADM and AXZ pricing. ADM is a dealer's option and AXZ Pricing is a Ford initiative but the dealers must commit to supporting. An email will suffice.
Sponsored