Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
".... that consumes a lot of battery ..."

I listened to a Tesla owner go on and on and on about all the energy he loses with Sentry Mode. So I said, "Wow Dude! That's crazy! How much did it consume?" He said, "TWO AND A HALF KILOWATTS!" I said... "Ahhhhh. .. That's only 25 cents!" Then I shrugged and walked to the back of the parking lot where it's always safe to park.

I could see how important that energy could be if he was on a tight budget or a long trip where he needed every kW to get where he was going. He was obviously neither of those. He just wanted to be dramatic.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Dashcam and Sentry Mode Updates giphy
Sponsored

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
But wouldn’t it be nice to be able to save/record something/everything from the cameras on the car when/if you wanted to do so?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

I listened to a Tesla owner go on and on and on about all the energy he loses with Sentry Mode. So I said, "Wow Dude! That's crazy! How much did it consume?" He said, "TWO AND A HALF KILOWATTS!" I said... "Ahhhhh. .. That's only 25 cents!" Then I shrugged and walked to the back of the parking lot where it's always safe to park.

I could see how important that energy could be if he was on a tight budget or a long trip where he needed every kW to get where he was going. He was obviously neither of those. He just wanted to be dramatic.
I have a friend with a model S. he swears by Sentry mode. Not because it's ever caught someone breaking into his car, or even trying, but because it caught a Pedestrian-car accident on film in Redding California one time. The police were very grateful for the footage. He always has it saving ... or whatever it is they do to keep the footage. (Do not know, do not want to know).

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag

I don't think any cares about the cost of the electricity. They care that their unused Tesla drops ten miles of range per day just sitting unused in the driveway. (Or more significantly, in an airport parking lot.)

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I just watched a very hateful video by a Mustang "fan." I'm more worried now than ever before.

FORD,
please move security monitoring to the front of the OTA list.
Thanks.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
If you have the short range version then you don’t have the equipment for that update in the future?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Question....On the cameras, when you back up does the monitor automatically show reverse or do you have to do it manually. I know this sounds stupid as of now everything is automatic but with the 360 mode I was just curious.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Question....On the cameras, when you back up does the monitor automatically show reverse or do you have to do it manually. I know this sounds stupid as of now everything is automatic but with the 360 mode I was just curious.
It's automatic. That's actually a requirement in all new cars sold in the US. That and it has to have an option that continues to display what's behind you for a few seconds after shifting to Drive.
Sponsored