Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
That's what I thought too - much more convenient then a fob. I don't go anywhere without my wallet, so stuffed in with my credit cards would be easy.
The problem with a card is that, as someone already raised, it is easily lost or (I’ll admit to finding more than a few gift cards in pockets weeks later) forgotten.

After activating the vehicle one will have the card in hand while sitting. Sitting on your wallet. Easy to leave reinserting it until later. Slide it in something accessible. Leave it in the car where it won’t help next time you need it.

The fob activates the door and car without leaving the pocket or purse.

We both rarely leave our wallets behind I imagine. About as often as I leave my keys behind.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would say wiper controls are baseline but Tesla would disagree with me. It is all in the eye of the beholder.
Yes but the German judge would agree with you.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
You don't know how often i can't find things..... For me the sleekness is a disadvantage.
that is the reason why I got an iPhone max. I want to KNOW it is my pocket and not on the floor somewhere.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
Joining this thread late....

Why is this post stickied? Has there been any major updates or news about the dashcam or sentry mode? I didn't read through this whole thread but only the last 4 pages. Last I read was that Ford has the capability but has other work to do first.

Why not use the pin as a backup? I love the card even if the letters start flaking off. It's sleek and I can easily keep it in my wallet. Pin I think is even better. Just yesterday i was standing outside like an idiot trying to unlock my own car. Instead of looking for a card, I prefer just tapping on the B pillar so I don't have to fiddle around. It also means I can leave my wallet in the car if I'm hiking.

In regards to the on/off button, it is very very convenient to get in and just go. Downside is that it is annoying to hear the contactors click when you get near the car. AC also keeps turning on when I need to get something from my car or when I'm cleaning it. Overall, I'd prefer a button.... BUT! The Mach-E's button is located very inconveniently. I'd prefer if it was located near the gear selector or on the left side Porsche style. Going from seatbelt, to dash, to center armrest is not ideal.

Edit: grammar fix

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
In regards to the on/off button, it is very very convenient to get in and go. It is also very annoying to hear the contactors click when I get near my car or AC turning on when I need to get something from my car or when I'm cleaning it. Overall, I'd prefer a button.... BUT! I think that button is located quite inconveniently. I'd prefer if it was located near the gear selector. Going from seatbelt, to dash, to center armrest is not ideal.
Thats where the button is on my Escape and I am quite used to it.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I want to be able to save dash cam footage
Sentry mode is not really about dash cam it is about video while parked. It consumes a lot of battery and creates a lot of video that is not easy to sift through.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Sentry mode is not really about dash cam it is about video while parked. It consumes a lot of battery and creates a lot of video that is not easy to sift through.
Thanks for the lesson.

But I was just saying what I would like to be able to do with the (presumably existing) hardware.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
All true. It can be a handy feature to have available though. Even if we don't ever use it, I'd personally like to see it as ana available feature through a future OTA update.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
So you are ok with dashcam that consumes a lot of battery and is not easy to sift through?? Why can't the awesome Ford software team improve? Does it always have to be hard to sift through. Sounds like someone stuck in the past. Maybe I just want options I can turn on/off as needed.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
So you are ok with dashcam that consumes a lot of battery and is not easy to sift through?? Why can't the awesome Ford software team improve? Does it always have to be hard to sift through. Sounds like someone stuck in the past. Maybe I just want options I can turn on/off as needed.
I don't think you understood my reply.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
All true. It can be a handy feature to have available though. Even if we don't ever use it, I'd personally like to see it as ana available feature through a future OTA update.
Sure, but it is not a must have.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
".... that consumes a lot of battery ..."

I listened to a Tesla owner go on and on and on about all the energy he loses with Sentry Mode. So I said, "Wow Dude! That's crazy! How much did it consume?" He said, "TWO AND A HALF KILOWATTS!" I said... "Ahhhhh. .. That's only 25 cents!" Then I shrugged and walked to the back of the parking lot where it's always safe to park.

I could see how important that energy could be if he was on a tight budget or a long trip where he needed every kW to get where he was going. He was obviously neither of those. He just wanted to be dramatic.
Sponsored