Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
This is by far the best information I've seen in one place. Did I see that folding power mirrors are not included on the premium trim? If so, that's dissapointing.
Sponsored

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
This is by far the best information I've seen in one place. Did I see that folding power mirrors are not included on the premium trim? If so, that's dissapointing.
According to the order and packaging guides posted last month, power folding side-view mirrors are standard on the Premium trim.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Again with the NEMA outlet typo's. I'd like the author of the training document to take this 1 question quiz: What is the NEMA connector name for the level 2 Ford Mobile Charger? HINT: it is not 15-50.
Can you say cut and paste?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Also, no mention of acoustic laminate glass.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I already downloaded this pdf to Books on my iPad. But a good idea to email it to my dealer. ?
I'm thinking of using a dummy email account to mail it to my local dealer. There aren't many of us on the island who ordered the MME and I want plausible deniability. :p

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Now Ford . . . Since that owners Manual is digital and interactive, how about releasing it for MME confirmed orders so that we can study up and know even more than the dealer before we get our cars. Yeah, I’m that nerd that actually READS the owners manual - I don’t just look at the pictures. ?
I do too. What a good idea. I keep checking the website. Nothing yet

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I thought this was interesting in the charging section:

"They can also program home charging times with a Ford Connected Charge Station "

So it seems that scheduling home charging can only happen if you have the Charging Station, not the mobile charger...is that right?

Given that the difference in charging speed is about 7 - 9 miles per hour between the included mobile (on 240 outlet) and the Charging Station, I was only going to use the mobile charger. But of course wanted the ability to schedule my home charging times since i thought setting the schedule can be done in the car or via the app. If that is not the case, I will want the Charging Station.

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I thought this was interesting in the charging section:

"They can also program home charging times with a Ford Connected Charge Station "

So it seems that scheduling home charging can only happen if you have the Charging Station, not the mobile charger...is that right?

Given that the difference in charging speed is about 7 - 9 miles per hour between the included mobile (on 240 outlet) and the Charging Station, I was only going to use the mobile charger. But of course wanted the ability to schedule my home charging times since i thought setting the schedule can be done in the car or via the app. If that is not the case, I will want the Charging Station.
You'll be able to schedule the charging from within the car regardless of the EVSE used to charge it.

So it is 14-50 right? cause the brochure I got from the dealer also says 15-50
Yes its a 14-50.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I'm thinking of using a dummy email account to mail it to my local dealer. There aren't many of us on the island who ordered the MME and I want plausible deniability. :p
Well, I think I am only one of 4 or 5 that placed an order at my dealer . . . so in a way, I am on a figurative island myself.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
My question is now generated from page 16 of the training document. "When the system determines eAWD is not likely to be needed, it enters an efficiency mode that balances the torque split in a way that uses the least energy"

So is that to still keep the estimated range at 210? Or will this feature increase the estimated range? Can I choose to turn off the eAWD manually to increase the range?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My question is now generated from page 16 of the training document. "When the system determines eAWD is not likely to be needed, it enters an efficiency mode that balances the torque split in a way that uses the least energy"

So is that to still keep the estimated range at 210? Or will this feature increase the estimated range? Can I choose to turn off the eAWD manually to increase the range?
There won't be any manual controls over the eAWD modes.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Like already mentioned....no manual controls. The software will be able to do this much better than a human driver could.

However, your question is very interesting...
If you did have manual control.....which motor would you turn off? Front or rear?
I ask this question because I am super curious myself. I half suspect the vehicle might rely heavily on the forward motor but I hope not. I really want the driving experience of a rear wheel drive vehicle primarily......so much so that I considered NOT ordering AWD. But in the end, the performance and stability benefits won the battle in my mind and I went with AWD.

Thinking out loud further......I know about 200 hp is about the max for the front steering axles before torque steer becomes a major problem. I am very curious to see how the Ford GT solves that problem. The I-Pace does it very well....I am sure they modulate the front motor quite heavily.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Like already mentioned....no manual controls. The software will be able to do this much better than a human driver could.

However, your question is very interesting...
If you did have manual control.....which motor would you turn off? Front or rear?
I ask this question because I am super curious myself. I half suspect the vehicle might rely heavily on the forward motor but I hope not. I really want the driving experience of a rear wheel drive vehicle primarily......so much so that I considered NOT ordering AWD. But in the end, the performance and stability benefits won the battle in my mind and I went with AWD.

Thinking out loud further......I know about 200 hp is about the max for the front steering axles before torque steer becomes a major problem. I am very curious to see how the Ford GT solves that problem. The I-Pace does it very well....I am sure they modulate the front motor quite heavily.
Don't know specifically if the Mach-e does this (I assume so), but I've read BEVs will use the different gear ratios between front and rear to mimic a transmission. In other words, use the lower geared motor+differential (rear I think) more at lower speeds and needing more torque, but for highway cruising use the higher gear (front) for efficiency.

I know the Mach-e does have different gear ratios front to back.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Don't know specifically if the Mach-e does this (I assume so), but I've read BEVs will use the different gear ratios between front and rear to mimic a transmission. In other words, use the lower geared motor+differential (rear I think) more at lower speeds and needing more torque, but for highway cruising use the higher gear (front) for efficiency.

I know the Mach-e does have different gear ratios front to back.
Correct. Except for perhaps the GT. That model should have the same ratio up front but I haven't seen confirmation either way just yet.
Sponsored