Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I thought I would start a thread for us new Owners to share our 'Dealer Experiences' with each other, future MME owners, and maybe even the Ford EV team so they have a good way to see which Dealers are doing a good job with the MMEs, and which aren't. Kindof our own little internal BBB report rating system for Dealers ;)

I *should* be taking delivery of my MME this week, so I will come back and enter a 'reply' in this thread with how my 'Dealer experience on delivery day' is.

I would suggest that the first lines of your reply post should include
1. the trim/color/AWD-RWD/battery kW of your car
2. your City, State, Dealer name
3. your experience 'delivery day'.... perhaps rating on a scale 0-10, and your narrative

==========
2/26/21 - took delivery today...

1. MME Select, infinite blue AWD SR battery
2. Santa Fe, NM - from Capitol Ford

3a. Dealer was fine... painless experience on Delivery; a 10 on delivery day, but would now revise that to about a 5 and dropping by the day as they have failed to supply a second key, at reasonable cost, to make up for non-functional PAAK.

3b. Ford corporate earns a 7 in my book for lack of communication/updates, and a pretty weak 'quick start' guide thru typical set up questions. I would lower it further now because I am finding there is almost no way to give direct Feedback to Ford, and if you DO take the time to try and get thru Customer Service (phone only), you have to wade thru endless time on hold and then they ask for all your account and vehicle info rather than tie into an existing Ford.com Membership. Very poor integration of Customer Service, and no real way to 'report' a bad Dealer experience.

Car is awesome, fun to drive, I like the color... which I was worried about with the lack of 'real' pictures when I ordered it.

Couple things I am NOT happy about:

- factory installed from license plate bracket despite repeat requests NOT to.
Dealer blamed it on Ford saying they had no way to review/change the Order when it was converted from reservation to Order.... and that the bracket was included on original order even though NM is a no-front-plate-state.

- seat material is the 'ActiveX' Plethor leather stuff, and I thought I ordered black cloth. I'd prefer cloth, but not about to send the car back. There was no option for Cloth, and I wish there were.

- got FordPass all set up, set up phone as Key, all preferences, etc.... 'phone as Key' does NOT function even though the phone is paired and all the Bluetooth parts and contact list uploaded fine. It's paired, but does not work as key, I MUST use the fob as the PAAK config says my particular SmartPhone is 'not supported'. I wish I had known... and really wish I had known the Mach-e was coming with only 1 key standard; I definitely would have ordered a second if it were a decent price, and objected or bargained for a discount or free programming at least had I known it was not 'included'.

- I cannot get the garage door buttons on the visor to learn my garage door... might be my (old) door, but it really would be nice to have better instructions, and maybe a video in the on board user manual.

- no indicator on display showing current state of charge or energy in/out.... This should be 'always on' the display in my opinion to verify state-of-charge, and if there is any energy going in/out (shown in kW). I want to see xx% charge, and kW in/out, ALWAYS displayed.... maybe instead of or in addition to the estimated range in miles... but ALWAYS on.

- a little pissed off that there STILL isn't any published solution for people like me that want a receiver hitch for bike rack and/or light towing, and by all indications towing is 'disallowed'. I knew at the time I ordered there wasn't an option for a factory installed hitch, but I did NOT know or even guess that towing would be expressly forbidden. This may have pushed me out of the Mach-e had I known prior to order. I love the way the MME drives, but I resent having my use of the vehicle restricted.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
1. Rapid Red Premium AWD ER.
2. Middleton, Wisconsin. Middleton Ford.
3. 10+. Could not have been better throughout the entire process. They are as excited as I am about the car and clearly work with customers the way I believe dealers should. Pick a dimension, any dimension, and I was delighted with the experience. The entire team at Middleton Ford was great.

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
Premium, Infinite Blue, AWD, ER
Phil Long Ford Motor City, Colorado Springs

I‘d rate this experience a 10. They took my LVB concerns seriously and spent time looking into that prior to delivery. Car was ready when promised. Paperwork etc was probably as smooth as it could be.
Sponsored