Mach E driver goes for a Genesis GV60 test drive

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So your review has nothing about performance? How did it drive? It should be at least as fast as a Mach E GT, and probably faster than that, at speed.
I’ve only seen one video and numbers so far. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds and a top speed around 145.

And it’s still 429 hp “off boost.”

It should get beaten by us to 60 but run away after that. Should be a close race with a Y performance I think.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The special thing it offers is a properly designed HV battery contactor with no recall 😂
Not...yet. lol

There's bound to be some first gen issue. The EV6 speaker amp is blowing up at a very high rate. Zombie mode still occurs too. And 12V batteries die at a high rate on the Korean e-GMP EVs due to software glitches (supposedly). Remember all the PAAK and 12V battery issues here?

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
The special thing it offers is a properly designed HV battery contactor with no recall 😂
Have a friend who watched his Ioniq Electric burn to the ground on the side of the interstate. Haven't seen any MachEs turn into tiki torches yet.

Time will tell how well these new Korean cars hold up.

Oldbutalive

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One answer I have 2021 Palisade in the Rockies it’s cruise system is very good
. I-70 from Denver into Eagle County has lots of sharper curves than most other Interstates flawless at the posted speed 75mph Plus the follow car in front.

I traded a 2019 Lexus ES Hybrid it had Level 2 Toyota cruise, on my Mach-E and Hyundai‘s cruise beat it Hands down!

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Have a friend who watched his Ioniq Electric burn to the ground on the side of the interstate. Haven't seen any MachEs turn into tiki torches yet.

Was it reported all over the EV blogs?

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

slimothyjames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag

This is one of the reasons I refuse to buy Kia/Hyundai products. Doesn't matter how "good" they have become (or seem to have become).

You'll notice they have a track record of cars catching on fire - doesn't matter if it is ICE or Electric.

Working in the automotive industry for almost a decade (another big name OEM), you know where Kia/Hyundai cut their costs. They use a lot of the vehicles' "budget" for flashy gimmicky stuff to attract people but after the first couple years, some of that stuff fails and requires replacement. Even the most minor stuff, they cut costs to allocate that money to something more consumer attractive. Example: Wiper blades are thin/worse quality than other OEMs (for now anyways, more OEMs are finding areas to cut costs).

Also as OP pointed out, Kia/Hyundai dealers are absolutely awful. It's a known plagued issue with the OEM - they have been trying to reeducate/fix their dealer network for years. For those that do not know - dealerships are essentially franchises with the "right" to sell their products. So in the past, dealership owners wanted to open a Kia/Hyundai dealer to sell cheap cars. Profit from volume. Don't care about long term customers when you're buying a $10,000 Accent. The issue is these dealers still exists when Kia/Hyundai are shifting their strategy and the mindset hasn't changed with the dealer. Sure you might find a good dealer, but the ratio of bad to good dealers is higher.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Not...yet. lol

There's bound to be some first gen issue. The EV6 speaker amp is blowing up at a very high rate. Zombie mode still occurs too. And 12V batteries die at a high rate on the Korean e-GMP EVs due to software glitches (supposedly). Remember all the PAAK and 12V battery issues here?
I went to my local Genesis dealer yesterday to test drive the GV60 and one of the four GV60s they had on the lot was completely dead probably due to 12v battery. They could not unlock or open the doors.

I hope they fix these issues because otherwise it is a nice car. The performance model drives very nicely. It is fast, you are not worried that it will fry its HVBJB, no 5 sec limit and no bouncy suspension. The interior was nicer too and its EV technology is a generation ahead of the MME. But it is a smaller car and at least in my eyes the MME exterior looks better.

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I went to my local Genesis dealer yesterday to test drive the GV60 and one of the four GV60s they had on the lot was completely dead probably due to 12v battery. They could not unlock or open the doors.

I hope they fix these issues because otherwise it is a nice car. The performance model drives very nicely. It is fast, you are not worried that it will fry its HVBJB, no 5 sec limit and no bouncy suspension. The interior was nicer too and its EV technology is a generation ahead of the MME. But it is a smaller car and at least in my eyes the MME exterior looks better.
All E-GMP EVs have some weird 12V battery drain that randomly flares up.

FYI Hyundai and Kia have taken the opposite approach with battery management than Ford. They barely have any buffer and allow 3C charging. Genesis doesn't seem to care about throttling and allow you to use boost back to back I hear.

Maybe this is genius or will blow up in their faces like the first gen GDI engines they created (and still replacing to this day).

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I’ve only seen one video and numbers so far. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds and a top speed around 145.

And it’s still 429 hp “off boost.”

It should get beaten by us to 60 but run away after that. Should be a close race with a Y performance I think.

3.7, 12.2@112mph, 151mph top speed according to Car and Driver road test. Read it and weep. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It just needs a summer tire option in order to get the lateral G up in the .90s and the 70-0 braking down into the 150-160ft range. Those A/S Michelin Primacys betray it’s true abilities.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a40011446/2023-genesis-gv60-drive/

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
3.7, 12.2@112mph, 151mph top speed according to Car and Driver road test. Read it and weep. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It just needs a summer tire option in order to get the lateral G up in the .90s and the 70-0 braking down into the 150-160ft range. Those A/S Michelin Primacys betray it’s true abilities.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a40011446/2023-genesis-gv60-drive/
Nothing to weep about. That’s exactly how it should perform.

We still outhandle and outbrake it……. If anyone cares about those things. .83 G is terrible. It’s more than just the tires that are lacking. But the acceleration sounds great.

Hell, the Lincoln Aviator (also on non-performance tires) does .82 G. Not even remotely a good handling suv.

https://www.caranddriver.com/lincoln/aviator

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
The GV60 Peformance version I test drove at Sport mode had as good if not better handling than my non-PE GT which has the bouncy suspension and A/S tires.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Nothing to weep about. That’s exactly how it should perform.

We still outhandle and outbrake it……. If anyone cares about those things. .83 G is terrible. It’s more than just the tires that are lacking. But the acceleration sounds great.

Hell, the Lincoln Aviator (also on non-performance tires) does .82 G. Not even remotely a good handling suv.

https://www.caranddriver.com/lincoln/aviator
It’s the A/S tires. The reviews I’ve read praise the ride/handling balance and note the lack of grip of the tires. I guarantee good summer tires like P4S or EC Sports get the G into the .9s and knock 25ft off the 70-0 braking. In fact, I believe those same A/S Primacys on the Mach E 4X (in 225/55) held it to about .82 G and it is easily capable of posting .90s on summer rubber.

But, I’m going to drive one first opportunity to see for myself.
Sponsored