Mach E First Edition range

AkMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi Owners, we have had the Mach E First Edition for 12 days now. Has approx. 500 mils now on it. Charged it 5 times now. Range always stays between 234 and 228 miles. We don't accelerate too much and drive normal to conservative. About 70% freeway miles. But cant seem to get the 270 range that is claimed. Salesman said that the car range will adjust upwards after driving for a few days.
wonder if others are having a similar experience? Is there something we need to do or are not doing to bring up the range? Or is it an overpromise and under deliver by Ford?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If you look at your trip stats page, To get the 270 mile range, you need to be hitting 3.1 miles per kw/h.

Its been cold here so my range has been very low. It was 1F outside when I picked up my FE, and it had a range of 140 miles. Its up to 200 now as its been warming up.

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
If you look at your trip stats page, To get the 270 mile range, you need to be hitting 3.1 miles per kw/h.
Agreed....don’t look at the range number, look at your miles per kW hour and multiply by 88.8 (ER battery)

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Car was 200 miles at 100% when I picked it up. 227 at 100% after the first charge. I'm seeing trip stats anywhere from 3.5 - 4.5 on city driving but I'm not consistently checking or keeping real track (nor do I intend to). Highway takes a hit and drops to 3.1. That's with temperatures in the 35-45 range. I expect I'll have no problems getting 270 when it's warmer. As expected using e-Heat has quite an impact on range.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Car was 200 miles at 100% when I picked it up. 227 at 100% after the first charge. I'm seeing trip stats anywhere from 3.5 - 4.5 on city driving but I'm not consistently checking or keeping real track (nor do I intend to). Highway takes a hit and drops to 3.1. That's with temperatures in the 35-45 range. I expect I'll have no problems getting 270 when it's warmer. As expected using e-Heat has quite an impact on range.
Yes, the PTC heater element will consume a significant amount of power

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I'm seeing trip stats anywhere from 3.5 - 4.5 on city driving but I'm not consistently checking or keeping real track (nor do I intend to).
The car has three trip meters...the current trip, then trip 1 and trip 2 are just like trip meters in other cars. Unless you reset those manually, they’ll show your long term energy consumption stats.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
The car has three trip meters...the current trip, then trip 1 and trip 2 are just like trip meters in other cars. Unless you reset those manually, they’ll show your long term energy consumption stats.
Yep, I'm just not fixating on it. I occasionally look at the current trip and nothing more.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Hi Owners, we have had the Mach E First Edition for 12 days now. Has approx. 500 mils now on it. Charged it 5 times now. Range always stays between 234 and 228 miles. We don't accelerate too much and drive normal to conservative. About 70% freeway miles. But cant seem to get the 270 range that is claimed. Salesman said that the car range will adjust upwards after driving for a few days.
wonder if others are having a similar experience? Is there something we need to do or are not doing to bring up the range? Or is it an overpromise and under deliver by Ford?
Did you reset the driving history?

JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER (canceled)
Country flag
Or is it an overpromise and under deliver by Ford?
Neither. The range that is listed on the display doesn't mean what it could get. Rather, it is just a cautiously recommended number of miles to go before you should charge. To avoid letting you getting stranded, it essentially includes a variable buffer depending on your driving habits and conditions. I think the quoted 270 miles for your model is the max distance it can go before it runs out of juice under specific driving conditions. Resetting your driving history may help, but it likely won't ever show higher than 250 miles. Although, Ford may update that calculation in the upcoming OTA to be less cautious.
Sponsored