Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So it looks like the order in the books for @hughstev has been postponed if he got the delay email. Or am I making an incorrect assumption?
Sponsored

hughstev

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GT-PE Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So it looks like the order in the books for @hughstev has been postponed if he got the delay email. Or am I making an incorrect assumption?
The email didn't say anything specific.

"We are currently experiencing a high level of demand for Mustang Mach‑E GT. Since you have reserved and ordered your vehicle, you have priority status in the production and delivery timeline ahead of any new orders."

Looking at the VIN, I would expect it to be the 79th GTPE produced. When exactly is sometime before the end of the year.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Id still say reservation date/# seem to carry a big bearing on the hierarchy for scheduling, any weird options run or shortage aside. Since Mexico plant was scheduled to be closed this week, don't think anyone has anyone received scheduling since the last round of them ~6/9. Anyone see differently? As of then, it looks like scheduling occurred for :
GTPE builds with reservations # 16,xxx +
GT builds with reservation # in 40,xxx +

I'd post in GT thread below the reservation # & date /convert date/and build options to help try and determine where you may stand in scheduling and what options might be the hold up at this time...
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/gt-mach-e-ordering-starts-next-week-4-28-whos-ordering.5545/

GTPE with 10,XXX reservation but no build date.
My 26xxx also not yet scheduled…
Hmmm... my reservation/order # is 35xxx and has not been scheduled for build yet...
Same email. GTPE with 33,XXX reservation but no build date. Good news is my trade-in keeps going up in value.
As @goldman noted, his 40,xxx non GT build has scheduled... Cyber & pano options. Any more details to your options and if you converted extraordinarily late?

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
what is it you expected? This is an extremely unprecedented time where NO car mfg knows what to say or do because they're all experiencing the same delays, let alone releasing a new model with an extremely high demand.. have you even thought that part through?

My wife wasn't exactly excited about the email either but found solace in the fact it says they plan to have the order completed in 2021, and not 2022. I think thats a big bonus here. Working for a dealer in one type of way or another and having many in my area its obvious many are struggling to even have vehicles on their lots let alone fulfill orders. We all need to exercise some patients a little and understand the big picture here. No one could've predicted any of this to be this way 1 year or more ago..
I expect for 70K, at the VERY least, is to get an email or communique in my Ford online account that says "Hi Todd, we are experiencing high order volumes for the GT; you ordered in May 2021 and we expect to start building it AROUND about SEPT 2021. We'll update you weekly".

Is that really to much to ask?

I've worked on order status systems before for products that only cost around $500.00.

It's not about patience, it's about competency and how you treat customers.

Even if they didn't have automated systems, they could send out emails to people who ordered their most expensive tier maxed out with options manually with a thank you and a build estimation date at the very least.

Not sure why I even need to explain this... I honestly thought this would be common sense.

wesleypresley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, 1984 Fiero Indy Pace Car
Country flag
When did you convert your order? I think there is some step or location or config that plays into this as well. or maybe it is dealer volume based.
I made the reservation in early Feb 2020, and converted to an order on the first day it opened up, 4/27/2021. There can't be THAT many GT orders between me and people that already have build dates, including some that seem to have a higher reservation/order #. I dunno, I guess it'll get here when it gets here, I'm just scratching my head over the rhyme or reason behind those getting build dates and those of us that are not.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
With the FE, the build dates trickled out a bit like this, and then they all ended up getting built, more or less, within a week or two of each other. I suspect that more of the GT's will follow still in July once things get going smoothly.

Pennington

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Nssan Titan XD, Panoz GTS racecar
Country flag
I find all the comments interesting, seems there are varations to infromation we get back. I went through the web site only to order, I know most of the people at my local Ford dealer. Ordered loaded GTPE, everything but the front license holder. Ordered 5/21 and got an 8 digit order number. 4 days later 5/25 it was confirmed by dealer as a order with an email from ford with a 4 digit order ID. I got the email yesterday but it was worded slightly different than the opening text of this thread. It did not say that my order had priority status over new orders. Anyway I think I'm ok waiting hopefully they get the bugs worked out, and I assuming the 1 quarter 22 maybe.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Combine component shortage & logistics bottlenecks with a brand new product and this is to be expected. It's happening everywhere to every manufacturer, especially automakers. Don't you think Tesla would have shipped the Plaid+ if they could have? Lucid, being a smaller company with less weight in the industry, is really being hit hard. I am getting the feeling I will be lucky to get my Air Touring next year. Rivian also recently announced another delay in shipments.
It is what it is.
Which makes what Ford is accomplishing with their EV rollout and company pivot so astonishing. I'm the midst of all that, they're still managing to get these cars out to buyers who ordered them and, overall, they're high quality and the company continues to make strides to maintain a better relationship with their customers instead of leaving it completely in the hands of dealers who may or may not care about the customer experience.

Some people see an email that says nothing new. I see an email of a company trying to push ahead with the most significant pivot in automotive history to get ahead of the curve, and keep their customers happy while dealing with a literal sh**storm that's affected an entire industry from parts to manufacturing to logistics to sales and service in a volatile stock market. I think they're doing a great job not only surviving but thriving under those circumstances and being transparent with customers and stakeholders about what's happening that's out of control.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Reservation/Order number 10071xxx
GTPE loaded