tylset

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E premium 4x ER
Country flag
I had a rare clear day here in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State, so I took my Mach-E Premium 4X up some forest service roads to test performance in snow. The car did amazing, you can definitely feel how Ford allows the wheels to spin and the back end to step out just enough to make it fun without feeling out of control or unstable at all. Can’t wait to take it up to the pass this winter for skiing!

View attachment 44624 View attachment 44625 View attachment 44626

View attachment 44630

View attachment 44631

Last edited:

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
How was the ground clearance? Any issues?

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
I had a rare clear day here in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State, so I took my Mach-E Permium 4X up some forest service roads to test performance in snow. The car did amazing, you can definitely feel how Ford allows the wheels to spin and the back end to step out just enough to make it fun without feeling out of control or unstable at all. Can’t wait to take it up to the pass this winter for skiing!

View attachment 44630

View attachment 44631
Fantastic shots and outcome. Just got my built email! I am in Portland area, are you using studless winter tires? Hope to be in possession by years end

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Those pictures are amazing, I think they look better than many of Ford's official pics, they should buy some off you.

andredj20020

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, ordered Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I had a rare clear day here in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State, so I took my Mach-E Permium 4X up some forest service roads to test performance in snow. The car did amazing, you can definitely feel how Ford allows the wheels to spin and the back end to step out just enough to make it fun without feeling out of control or unstable at all. Can’t wait to take it up to the pass this winter for skiing!

View attachment 44630

View attachment 44631
breathtaking pics!

OP
OP

tylset

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How was the ground clearance? Any issues?
The only “issue” was on the road prior to the snow, dodging/avoiding large rocks and potholes. I never scraped, however. You definitely have to take it more slowly than a gas powered SUV and always be aware of the floor pan.

OP
OP

tylset

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fantastic shots and outcome. Just got my built email! I am in Portland area, are you using studless winter tires? Hope to be in possession by years end
stock all season tires seemed to do just fine. When it’s time for new tires I do plan to upgrade to a slightly more aggressive tread pattern.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
I have nokians waiting to go on my GT. 8000 feet elevation in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had a rare clear day here in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State, so I took my Mach-E Premium 4X up some forest service roads to test performance in snow. The car did amazing, you can definitely feel how Ford allows the wheels to spin and the back end to step out just enough to make it fun without feeling out of control or unstable at all. Can’t wait to take it up to the pass this winter for skiing!

View attachment 44630

View attachment 44631
cute but living on Blewett pass highway I can report that the Mach-e does just fine in 5 1/2 of wet snow on a unmaintained county road. I don’t take photo, I just enjoy a car I don’t have to park all winter like I did with my old Prius Prime.