Teleks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance Ed, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
The horsepower of the SR battery models is going up because there are more battery cells. There is no change to the GT.
Oh, I see,. Sorry, I totally missed that this is only SR. So ER stays NCM and all SR will be LFP? Interesting! That will make SR a lot more attractive compared to ER I assume.

I'm not an expert. Is there any reason for why they do it that way? What's the advantages/disadvantages of LFP over NCM? Why wouldn't they put LFP batteries in the ER?
Sponsored

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
So looking at re-ordering a 23.5 since my 57 week '23 Premium RWD SR seems to be lost between Mexico and Ford Logistics...

Even with price & low APR protected '22->'23 PCO of $6500 applied, the price comes out to around $49.8K w/ BC1.2 included standard.

Ordering a '23.5 with same options (added BC1.2), it comes out to$51.5K.

By re-ordering, I'd lose the 4.49% and $2K Options but the '23.5 has the better battery chemistry for my use.

For me, I'd rather get the LFP batteries on a '23.5 RWD SR Premium because I charge to 100% everytime, lots of DCFC available, and live in warm So Calif.

Thoughts ??

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 6.32.06 AM.png
Jeez, Pat. Why not? You'd have the battery you want. You can always place the order and then decide what to do if and when your "23 gets here. Plus, finally find out what the heck delayed it for so long! Maybe the '23.5 will get here first!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Oh, I see,. Sorry, I totally missed that this is only SR. So ER stays NCM and all SR will be LFP? Interesting! That will make SR a lot more attractive compared to ER I assume.

I'm not an expert. Is there any reason for why they do it that way? What's the advantages/disadvantages of LFP over NCM? Why wouldn't they put LFP batteries in the ER?
LFP batteries are less energy dense than NCM, so you need a larger battery to store the same amount of energy. They're doing this in the SR models because there's room to make the battery larger and keep the range about the same. This extra space in the ER is already taken up by the bigger NCM battery, so switching to LFP would come with a reduction in range. The batteries in the SR and ER will now be about the same physical size, but hold different amounts of energy.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Crazy. It's been 24 months for me here in PA without any measurable snowfall. Call me crazy, but I love driving around in it!
Up here in MN, we had snow on the ground continuously from mid-December until just a few weeks ago. Hated it! That's unusual for the Twin Cities to have that much, that long.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
LFP batteries are less energy dense than NCM, so you need a larger battery to store the same amount of energy. They're doing this in the SR models because there's room to make the battery larger and keep the range about the same. This extra space in the ER is already taken up by the bigger NCM battery, so switching to LFP would come with a reduction in range. The batteries in the SR and ER will now be about the same physical size, but hold different amounts of energy.
reducing range from a previous years model is like car manufacture suicide.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Note other details:
1) The Ford Mobile Charger can be removed from the order to reduce the cost by $500
2) The Select trim now has a $1,500 Comfort Package Lite option that includes Heated Driver and Front Passenger Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Memory Driver's Seat, and Power Folding Exterior Side View Mirrors.

hedgehog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select RWD
Looks like Active Park Assist is back?

IMG_9945.png
Does anyone use active parking assist? The last two cars I had, the auto parkings are always too slow to be remotely useful on an active street. I'm curious if this is something that can be added a la cart, though mine probably don't have the right chips.

Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
It seems Ford wouldn’t reduce my MSRP 5k since I have BC 1.2 and I hope the mobile charger in the back. 🔌

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
It seems Ford wouldn’t reduce my MSRP 5k since I have BC 1.2 and I hope the mobile charger in the back. 🔌
That actually makes sense. Your car (and mine) will come with BC 1.2 and the mobile charger which is now $2,600 of options. Not to mention the destination charge is now up $300 to $1800. That's $2,900 already eaten away at the MSRP reductions.

Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
That actually makes sense. Your car (and mine) will come with BC 1.2 and the mobile charger which is now $2,600 of options. Not to mention the destination charge is now up $300 to $1800. That's $2,900 already eaten away at the MSRP reductions.
I paid $1800 for my delivery. Dealer and Ford Corporate said they didn’t see $2k rebate for me.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
These destination price bumps don't surprise me. Ford has jacked Bronco prices 15-20% on everything.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No Cyber Orange makes me sad. I placed a backup order in Sept/Oct after I picked up my GB Premium and this might be one of the last Orange Premiums built. Not likely going to take delivery.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Order Bank Reopens With Lower Pricing, Higher EPA Est. Range, BlueCruise 1.2 Hands-Free Tech 1683140626263

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have a AWD SR Premium on Order. (3/11/2022…still waiting) It will come with the NCB.

They say the LFP version will have 47HP more in the AWD version.

What do you think?
Will it be enough?

Don’t know what to do with this order that should arrive in a few.
I would prefer NCA/NCM chemistry to LFP due to weight. If they are increasing HP output, it may be a wash.

ChicagoV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I have a California Rt. 1 going into production next week, but why would I even take delivery of that when the Premium AWD with ER is exactly the same price? If the CA Rt. 1 isn't discounted further, they'll be seeing those hit the lot instead of people taking delivery. Am I missing something? The Premium configuration is clearly better but it's priced like the lower equipped CA Rt. 1...
Sponsored