Mach-E real world cold weather range

sockmeister

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
If I remember correctly, it was something like 23% Climate Use, 6% Ext. Temp., 2% Accessories. Hopefully those are not very accurate, because if you add those up, and then use them to adjust my estimated range it doesn't get me anywhere near the stated EPA range.
There's your answer. 23% climate. It's estimating that low range because of the idling with the heat on, etc. I'm sure your real range estimate would go up slightly had you actually started a trip.

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
If I remember correctly, it was something like 23% Climate Use, 6% Ext. Temp., 2% Accessories. Hopefully those are not very accurate, because if you add those up, and then use them to adjust my estimated range it doesn't get me anywhere near the stated EPA range.
Driving short trips will always have a worse range in winter. My Chevy Bolt is on its 4th winter. When I drive more than 100km my predicted and actual range goes up if the previous week was being used for short trips. From Dec to March my range drop averages 25%. In rural SW Ontario.

Don't worry about your range drop. When I make a long return trip beyond 300km. I just plug in at a DC fast charger for about 20 to 30 min, eat and drink while listening to music. It's really no big deal to take a little break.

When I get my MME FE. The same 360km return trip I regularly take will not need a stop for charging but may need one still in winter. However that charging speed is so much faster then my Bolt so I might mis that break I have gotten used to.

Ps. After 3 years and 70,000 km in my Chevy Bolt. The range is still the same as new. No battery degradation.

Advertisement

Advertisement