sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
If I remember correctly, it was something like 23% Climate Use, 6% Ext. Temp., 2% Accessories. Hopefully those are not very accurate, because if you add those up, and then use them to adjust my estimated range it doesn't get me anywhere near the stated EPA range.
There's your answer. 23% climate. It's estimating that low range because of the idling with the heat on, etc. I'm sure your real range estimate would go up slightly had you actually started a trip.
Sponsored

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
If I remember correctly, it was something like 23% Climate Use, 6% Ext. Temp., 2% Accessories. Hopefully those are not very accurate, because if you add those up, and then use them to adjust my estimated range it doesn't get me anywhere near the stated EPA range.
Driving short trips will always have a worse range in winter. My Chevy Bolt is on its 4th winter. When I drive more than 100km my predicted and actual range goes up if the previous week was being used for short trips. From Dec to March my range drop averages 25%. In rural SW Ontario.

Don't worry about your range drop. When I make a long return trip beyond 300km. I just plug in at a DC fast charger for about 20 to 30 min, eat and drink while listening to music. It's really no big deal to take a little break.

When I get my MME FE. The same 360km return trip I regularly take will not need a stop for charging but may need one still in winter. However that charging speed is so much faster then my Bolt so I might mis that break I have gotten used to.

Ps. After 3 years and 70,000 km in my Chevy Bolt. The range is still the same as new. No battery degradation.

Ejectionseatfixer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 Mach E
Occupation
Aircraft QA inspector
Country flag
Thank you for the post, it clears up a lot. The issue I’ve been having is the range at 100% charge while preconditioning is at 220-240 ish and drops fast while driving. Example: Yesterday, after sitting in charge all night, I was at 221 miles (I have the extended battery), after driving to work and back 18 miles each way, I was down to 165. I’m really hoping that’s normal. If that’s the case, I’m not sure I can do a road trip in winter if I had to.

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
Thank you for the post, it clears up a lot. The issue I’ve been having is the range at 100% charge while preconditioning is at 220-240 ish and drops fast while driving. Example: Yesterday, after sitting in charge all night, I was at 221 miles (I have the extended battery), after driving to work and back 18 miles each way, I was down to 165. I’m really hoping that’s normal. If that’s the case, I’m not sure I can do a road trip in winter if I had to.
MY mach-E gt in winter has been around 200-220 100% charge depending on how cold it is. That is 20-25% drop. Now i don't get negative temps and rarely its 5 or 0. Mostly I would say average coldest is 10-20 in Michigan where I live worst case in coldest month.

One think I notice with this car is that how well insulated it is. You really dont need to blast the heater on the road. Precondition it and remote start it and let is blast the heater to make the car toasty, I never need the fan above 1 speed. Rest of the way set it to 72c and turn on heated car seat and steering wheel. That way you keep your climate consumption at the lowest. Leaving it at 72 with low fan and heated seats it was always comfortable for us.

I even turned off heat at times when it was high 30s outside after the car was warm and it was not cold at all inside. Only reason I would turn the fan back on was to defrost windows if I needed. But me and my wife both feel that the car really retains the internal temp well.

Few days here we got random 60 temps for a few days in march and I was getting almost 3.0miles/kwh and that is nearly full range. Than back to 30s but soon should start to tick up in the 50s and then 60s next month.

Last edited:

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
Today was a first 65 degree day. Soon to be in the 40s and 50s again lmao. My wife averages 3.4-3.8 in the city and got 3.1 on the freeway on 35 mile drive. Range is definitely improving as weather goes up and driving habits improve.

I would recommend definitely don’t push that gas pedal a lot All the time and drive it like you are relaxed and cruise it away.
Sponsored