Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Great comments from JD Powers. Any update on the timing of their review?
"One of the best products they have ever evaluated" -- NICE!
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I saw this on JD power. as soon as I can post it I will bere. They gave the mache 10/10 on style and looks. then gave it a 10/10 on noise and handling. I have not driven one so I can't say. But I have few co-workers that have driven both and they said it's not even close how much better the mache handles than the model y. The outside noise mostly comes from the fender area and windows. The mache cuts that in half if not more.

JD powers gave the controls and display high high ratings. It works in today's markets for the younger kids, but also gives the older generation a display in front and physical dial to help controls.

Do you know the physical dial that is on the screen for only sound? A birdy told me with OTA updates that dial might be getting the ability to do more than that. Dog mode for the mache? yeah, it's coming. SO much more I just can't say.

You think when I sit in the meetings with other certain manufactures and what they did that day doesn't get brought up?

Kinda like WCW nitro vs WWE raw. Shit is getting real. Someone is going to get the smackdown laid on their candy ass.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
then gave it a 10/10 on noise and handling. I have not driven one so I can't say. The outside noise mostly comes from the fender area and windows. The mache cuts that in half if not more.
So you mean road noise, right? I was worried about this personally. A friend had (just returned the lease) a Model X and I was surprised how much road noise it had for being a "quiet" car. I just figured that that was the case when you eliminate engine noise. So, you're saying Whisper mode might actually be whisper-like?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Will need an OTA update for that turn signal sound, too retro. ;)
I was thinking the exact same thing! Are there laws in the US about the turn signal sound? I would hope, if not, it would match the "theme" of the other vehicle sounds.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Will need an OTA update for that turn signal sound, too retro. ;)
For a second there, sounded like a horse gallop. Horses on the mind ?!?

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Thai-Tang Outlines Company Vision for ‘Double Transformation’ at FREE

By Chris Rahi Kassab
Oct-16-2020
email.png
share-icon.png

1602698214964.jpg

Ford is embarking on a double transformation, Chief Product Platform and Operations Officer Hau Thai-Tang

“We’ve got to fix our automotive business,” said Thai-Tang. “In parallel, we have to figure out how to disrupt ourselves and plan for future growth.”
Thai-Tang said to fix the automotive business, the company must do a better job launching products.
“We have four big launches this year – the Mustang Mach-E, the Bronco and Bronco Sport and the new F-150 – and they’re all very pivotal,” he said. “It’s imperative that we launch them on time with quality and hit the launch volume curves.”

The team must also continue to make progress on cost – both material and structural.
“We also have to action some of the restructuring we need to do at a much faster rate and allocate capital away from the underperforming businesses,” said Thai-Tang. “By that I mean geographic regions as well as segments where we’re not earning the return that we want.”

Thai-Tang said we need to play to our strengths and shift capital to areas where we know we have a strong, favorable brand opinion, command pricing power and have strong market share.
“As you would expect, it’s going to be around our commercial vehicles, pickup trucks, utilities, luxury and performance products,” he explained.
Thai-Tang said the company has identified key areas for growth.

“One is affordable vehicles. We know that by that by exiting the traditional passenger sedan business in North America we left a huge hole in the product showroom around entry products. That’s an area we want to focus on,” he said. “We also need to do more incremental products, leveraging our strong brand. You can see what we’re doing with Mustang, Bronco and Raptor, and we are looking to extend those beyond just one nameplate and leverage that brand strength to build profitable growth.”

Moving on to the concept of disruption, Thai-Tang shared an “aha” moment he and other senior leaders had at a meeting with Microsoft that left an indelible impression on him.
“The CEO of Microsoft Satya Nadella said to us, ‘Do you realize that Google makes more money on every PC than Microsoft does?’ We just nodded. And then Nadella said, ‘No, you don’t understand the significance of what I just said.

Our whole business model was based on selling the Windows Operating System and the Microsoft Office Suite. It was a transactional model,’” recalled Thai-Tang. “Nadella went on to say that what Microsoft didn’t recognize was the shift in the business model. Once customers buy their laptops, go home and get on the internet, Google starts to monetize every search through ad revenue. And for the life of that device, they make more money than Microsoft does.”

Thai-Tang said the learning for Ford is that once vehicles become connected there’s a whole new game to be played in terms of value creation.

“It’s about recurring revenue rather than this transaction model where I sell you a car and I hope you come back in six years and buy another one,” he said. “This is one of the theatres of growth in our industry that we have to capitalize on.”