machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
He's a fellow NJ guy, not sure which part of it, but he looks close to me. My only beef with the video is that he says it's okay to charge to 100% daily. While this is always debatable, I highly suggest sticking with 90% that the MME manual calls out. I doubt Ford would say 90% if they didn't think it was best for the MME.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I think when he referred to charging up 100% was when traveling and staying at hotels with chargers or long stops at entertainment/restaurant venues. He noted many times the large buffer which Ford already built in was why he felt it would not hurt the battery.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
He's a fellow NJ guy, not sure which part of it, but he looks close to me. My only beef with the video is that he says it's okay to charge to 100% daily. While this is always debatable, I highly suggest sticking with 90% that the MME manual calls out. I doubt Ford would say 90% if they didn't think it was best for the MME.
Generally, LI batteries perform better and wear less between 20% and 80% of maximum capacity state of charge. Given the over-provisioning for wear, etc, 90% of usable capacity seems a reasonable number.

That said, there is nothing wrong with charging to 100% usable capacity. Just don’t hammer it until you are at 90% of usable capacity or lower. High stress will wear a battery faster when outside of the 20%-80% of maximum capacity window.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think when he referred to charging up 100% was when traveling and staying at hotels with chargers or long stops at entertainment/restaurant venues. He noted many times the large buffer which Ford already built in was why he felt it would not hurt the battery.
He confirmed on YT that he was referring to 100% daily charging, which he feels is enough not to hurt the battery given the buffer. This is just a personal opinion of his and differs from what the manual calls for. I am just calling this out as this is the only technical data Ford has provided on the subject. Not a big deal, still a great video etc.

Polymon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Odyssey, 2011 Tacoma, 2021 MachE Space White
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Country flag
MME will be my first EV. I'm considering just using the included charge cable for all my home charging, but do not like having a backup in case something happens to the original cable.
If I get a duplicate, then I can leave one in the car all the time.
I've slogged thru many pages of Ford parts and haven't found a part number for a duplicate charging cable.
Has anyone found a place to buy an additional charging cable?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
MME will be my first EV. I'm considering just using the included charge cable for all my home charging, but do not like having a backup in case something happens to the original cable.
I've slogged thru many pages of Ford parts and haven't found a part number for a duplicate charging cable.
I haven't looked, but I would think it's likely to cost more than something like a Grizzl-E that you can just leave mounted in your garage so that you can take the Ford EVSE with you.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Look for portable EV chargers. I got one for the Clarity for my home charging needs. I take it with me on trips, just in case.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...bles/charger-home-station-traction-13359649-1

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
If you have a NEMA 14-50 outlet on a 50A circuit breaker, I'd recommend getting an EVSE that supports 40A or higher as the Ford mobile charger only does 30A so you could be charging faster. Mustart makes some really good ones, and I have one that I just leave at home. Cheaper than Grizzle-E and other bigger name brands, but still very durable and easy to use.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I love Tom’s in depth videos.

Thanks for this. Took my first adventure out and about today to try charging on the road. I failed, because I had no clue what I was doing. Wish I watched this first :) I have time tomorrow morning to give it another try!!

On a positive note I went to New Haven for some apizza - that worked out spectacularly! Got rave reviews on the car from a stranger and folks gawking at me on the highway, so there's that!
Sponsored