Mach-E vs. 2023 Fisker Ocean - design, specs, price

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Reviews of the prototype are out! Had no idea it was dropping so soon. Might be one of the few EV SUVs to have a 350 mile range (on paper).

- 105kWh battery
- 250 mile range (Ocean Sport), 340 mile range (Ocean Ultra), 350 mile range (Ocean Extreme)
- 250kW charging speed, solar panels add an additional 1200-2000 miles/year
- 0-60 in 6.9 seconds (Ocean Sport), 3.6 seconds (Ocean Extreme)
- 275hp (Ocean Sport), 540hp (Ocean Ultra), 550hp (Ocean Extreme)
- Price: $37,499 (base) to $49,999 (Ocean Ultra) to $68,999 (Ocean Extreme)
- Driving Assistance: Level 2 Fisker Intelligent Pilot

It appears they also copied the layout of the Mach-E's dashboard. :D The touchscreen can rotate between portrait and landscape modes.

Seems like the mid-tier Ocean Ultra is a no-brainer? Unless I'm missing something, why pay $20k more to get 10 more miles of range and 10 more hp on the Ocean Ultra? Monthly leasing prices are attractive!

https://www.thedrive.com/car-review...e-review-ev-price-specs-options-crossover-suv

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. 2023 Fisker Ocean - design, specs, price MT-Ocean

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. 2023 Fisker Ocean - design, specs, price MT-Ocean1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. 2023 Fisker Ocean - design, specs, price MT-Ocean2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. 2023 Fisker Ocean - design, specs, price MT-Ocean front

Last edited:

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Ultra has a bigger NMC battery while Sport has a small LFP. Extreme has a Blue cruise like software but it could be better while Ultra does not have the unlocked software. Solar roof is for Extreme (and One) but I do not like the idea of baking a car under the sun unless it was built with a cold roll steel with no paint. With the new MSRP for ER MME, I agreed with you that Ultra is the best buy.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I like the turn signal sound!!! I should have ordered an Ultra instead of a Sport.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rims look sick! Hope it's not too quirky...eg lack of glovebox and airline style tray extending from center console.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Kyle Connor/Out of Spec Reviews drives the Fisker Ocean!

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I seriously considered the Ocean Ultra. A Fisker Karma used to park where I worked many years ago and I always dreamed of having one … that wasn’t on fire.

Ultimately, I felt like it was too unproven (see the track record on the Karma) to not have a reliable service network … and there’s no where in my area to get one serviced. Being a one-car family, it was too much risk to take on. And it doesn’t sound like the Ultra will ever come out at that price point.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice job Fisker! "2023 Fisker Ocean Extreme scored a WLTP range of 440 miles on a charge, which is 50 miles more than early estimates." EPA rating probably ~ 380 miles.

- Far exceeds other mass market EVs- iX xDrive 50 has 393 miles WLTP, Mach-E has 372 miles WLTP, EQS has 365 miles WLTP, Model Y has 351 miles WLTP.

- Uses CATL batteries > 80 kwH.

- Only applies to Extreme trim with 22-inch wheels; 2nd highest tier Ultra trim also gets the same Hyper Range battery.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/03/30...-440-miles-highest-range-wltp-testing-europe/

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
Nice job Fisker! "2023 Fisker Ocean Extreme scored a WLTP range of 440 miles on a charge, which is 50 miles more than early estimates." EPA rating probably ~ 380 miles.

- Far exceeds other mass market EVs- iX xDrive 50 has 393 miles WLTP, Mach-E has 372 miles WLTP, EQS has 365 miles WLTP, Model Y has 351 miles WLTP.

- Uses CATL batteries > 80 kwH.

- Only applies to Extreme trim with 22-inch wheels; 2nd highest tier Ultra trim also gets the same Hyper Range battery.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/03/30...-440-miles-highest-range-wltp-testing-europe/
let’s see official final specs and cars. Frankly, I’m disappointed in Ocean: smaller than Mach-E, no frunk, expensive and 400v architecture

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
And not unique looking at all - like no real redeeming qualities. I like the back a bit, but the rest, especially from the C-pillar back, meh.