Status
Not open for further replies.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium 4X, ready for the Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
Some here seemed to already be convinced the Mach e is less efficient than the Macan and I say we don’t know yet.

I would guess the better drag will definitely help its highway range though. But we shall see how the 600+ hp motors hurt.
I am in the cautiously optimistic team, the range is higher than I was expecting coming from Porsche and its Taycan.

To your point, we don’t know yet but it definitely looks very promising. It’s ok to daydream. ;)

The price is an entirely different topic - but if one goes Porsche, they know it’s going to sting.
Sponsored

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Agree on all points but the Macan you want compared to the Macan you need are 2 different things, the base Macan may be much more of a car than the GTPE maybe not worth the extra cost to many

I mean who really needs the turbo? LOL
when I got my Macan S I considered the turbo but ended up more than happy with the S
Is there any world where some one would "need" a Macan?

Last edited:

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is there any world where some one would "need" a Macan?
Nope, no more than an MME, there is a big difference between the needs and the wants, as I always told my kids.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some fluff and promo shots already seen in other videos, but also some cool bits (like the ones showing the front flaps or rear spoiler in action).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Some fluff and promo shots already seen in other videos, but also some cool bits (like the ones showing the front flaps or rear spoiler in action).

They made an excellent design choice.

They took their best selling model (Macan) and made the new one look just like their best selling model. They resisted the urge to make their EV weird looking.

They did note the aerodynamics increases range by 85 km. Would be interested to hear what they’re comparing it to to get those numbers.

They also said they can use “95%” of the 100 kWh battery.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They did note the aerodynamics increases range by 85 km. Would be interested to hear what they’re comparing it to to get those numbers.

They also said they can use “95%” of the 100 kWh battery.
Yup, noticed these numbers too and it’s looking pretty damn good! Can’t wait to hear more about performance now but time to start saving! 😅

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
EPA does matter for comparing numbers in that at least there is a 50% chance we are comparing range on the same test (EPA uses two tests).

My point was that we can’t compare a 60 mph cruise range to our EPA test range. It’s not the same test.

If you drive your ev6 and your c40 like they did in the EPA test, you’ll get EPA results.

And that 10% drag coefficient difference between your cars makes a huge difference at highway speeds.

But to be clear, I’m NOT saying that the EPA is a perfect comparison for range, just that you can’t compare these preliminary cruising tests to the EPA as they aren’t remotely the same type of test.

Some here seemed to already be convinced the Mach e is less efficient than the Macan and I say we don’t know yet.

I would guess the better drag will definitely help its highway range though. But we shall see how the 600+ hp motors hurt.
Car and Driver got 190mi at 75mph out of the ev6 GT, rated at 206mi. They got 200mi out of the c40, rated at 226. They got 220 out of the Mach E GTPE rated at 260. They got 230 out of the MYP on 21" tires rated at 291.

EPA rating is bunk, IMO.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Car and Driver got 190mi at 75mph out of the ev6 GT, rated at 206mi. They got 200mi out of the c40, rated at 226. They got 220 out of the Mach E GTPE rated at 260. They got 230 out of the MYP on 21" tires rated at 291.

EPA rating is bunk, IMO.
The EPA rating doesn’t test at an average of 75 mph, so of course the EPA test won’t line up with the 75 mph range test.

I wish they would rate things like they do ICE vehicles- city, highway and blended range.

My point wasn’t to defend or attack the EPA test, was just that you can’t compare a 60 mph cruise range to the EPA test.

Your post above just further proves that point. It’s not apples to apples.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
My last car before the MME was a Macan. I will be ultra-jealous once I see the first one in the wild. I bet its going to be an amazing car.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My last car before the MME was a Macan. I will be ultra-jealous once I see the first one in the wild. I bet its going to be an amazing car.
Any thoughts on how the Macan and MME compare (engine aside), having owned both?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any thoughts on how the Macan and MME compare (engine aside), having owned both?
I sold my Macan S and bought the Premium MME. I should have gotten the GTPE

handling and suspension, there is no comparison, Macan is way superior and I did not have the upgraded air suspension on the Macan but I did have Porsche Active Suspension Management ((PASM)

never had a problem with the Macan and I purchased a 2015, 1st year model. Had it 7 years and 67 mikes on it when it was sold.

Macan Interior was leather so was much nicer just because of that and the 18 way seats I had were fantastic.

On the other hand I don’t see much difference in quality of construction.

if I had the GTPE maybe the handing and suspension would be closer, so it is hard for me to judge.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Ride and handling were so much better in the Macan. The Macan never had a single recall (neither did any of the other Porsches I owned).
The MME screen is better and its an ev, so it has many advantages over the ice Macan.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
The Macan is going to be playing in a different ballpark than any other EV currently available. For those willing to pay the price, it will be an amazing drive. No other automaker spends the time to dial in chassis tuning and driving dynamics the way Porsche does. The official release is this Thursday.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Went to the Porsche dealership yesterday to look at current Macans more closely - very nice cars.

The Mach-e does feel more spacious/bright when in the backseat - but the Macan seems to have a larger trunk.

Very curious to check how the electric Macan compares to the ICE one - interior wise.

Thursday can’t come fast enough, can’t wait to see how expensive the Mac(an) E runs once I configure it. 🙃
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.