axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Does anyone else fight with their spouse over who gets to drive the MME?!? We bought my wife a Subaru Accent over the summer, a car she had wanted for a while. She then proceeded to make fun of me for my MME obsession while I waited for a December delivery. NOW she drives the MME anytime she can and asks to swap cars whenever she has a longer drive to “save gas.” I didn’t think she would have any interest in the car and now she’s the one who is obsessed 😂.
Sponsored

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Yes, I'd get pissed when I needed to go somewhere too and the MME was taken because she "didn't think about it." Then she'll come home and say somebody asked her something about the car and she didn't know anything about it 🤦

The worst is in the winter because the ICE doesn't have remote start or a spot in the garage 😡 Even my 2 year old doesn't like "mama's car."

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Then she'll come home and say somebody asked her something about the car and she didn't know anything about it 🤦
I think this is probably one of the best selling points of a new vehicle to the mainstream:
"I don't know, I just drive it and it just works."

On-topic: I wish we could afford another one. I'd get DW the one she wanted (same model and battery, different color) so I could drive mine.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
There is a solution.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Marital Problems IMG_20230202_072857375

Tip, when I get home from work and her car is plugged in I know she is planning to visit friends or go on a long range shopping foray in the morning.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Nope. My wife doesn't like to drive my car. At first she was intimidated. Now she isn't, but she still prefers her ICE.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Does anyone else fight with their spouse over who gets to drive the MME?!? We bought my wife a Subaru Accent over the summer, a car she had wanted for a while. She then proceeded to make fun of me for my MME obsession while I waited for a December delivery. NOW she drives the MME anytime she can and asks to swap cars whenever she has a longer drive to “save gas.” I didn’t think she would have any interest in the car and now she’s the one who is obsessed 😂.
No we don’t fight over the MME because I went and bought a second one almost two years ago now. First his/hers pair anywhere. Now there are plenty of two MME families around.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Marital Problems 66D9CE32-2459-4D2F-B02C-B650493C4636

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
No we don’t fight over the MME because I went and bought a second one almost two years ago now. First his/hers pair anywhere. Now there are plenty of two MME families around.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Marital Problems 66D9CE32-2459-4D2F-B02C-B650493C4636
I love the inverse paint job on these. It's a subtle but effective way to make them standout from eachother, and yet show their connection.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
My wife wants her own EV, or PHEV. She prefers to take the MME when we go out, but wants me to do most of the driving. I think she's driven the car maybe 5 or 6 times in the 9 months we've had it.

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I love the inverse paint job on these. It's a subtle but effective way to make them standout from eachother, and yet show their connection.
It was an opposites attract play. The same but completely different. Just like the Missus and I. The black one got sold and now we’re just plain opposites.

Deleted member 16048

Well, I can relate here even though my partner isn't my wife (Yet.) After I bought the car, she always loves to ask if she can take it to work if she knows I will be working from home all day. Pretty much any chance she can. Only thing she doesn't like is backing into our parking space in the garage since it's a bit tricky. Just takes practice though!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Marital Problems IMG_1213.JPG

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
There is a solution.
Pro tip! Unfortunately her car is new, but I guess that will just be our ICE / road trip / gear vehicle until charging infrastructure improves and we can get her a larger EV. Maybe there will be a Bronco EV by then…
Sponsored