Merry Christmas! High voltage battery warning!

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So I must have been bad this year because for Christmas I got a High Voltage Battery warning and super fun lights on my dash! Car is only allowing me to use about half hp and charging speeds are scary long. Luckily for me it happened while I was 400 miles from home, wait a minute...šŸ˜­ So for anyone that hasn't been around for a hot minute on here, my car was among the first handful that had the HVJB completely brick my car nearly 2 years ago next month. Of course I got the recall letter telling me that I will need to have my car serviced to address the hvjb in my car but being a busy body haven't had time to make an appointment to bring her in. Guess I should have made time.

I do already have an appointment at a dealership close to home when I finish limping the car there. Wish me luck kids this time around the fix happens fast!

Update 12/29: Dropped the car off to the dealership last night, service advisor said this happens all the time with mach es throwing a random code and probably just needs an update. Sure buddy my car is crawling around and barely letting power into the car but yeah, just turn it off and on again... So far no phone call today on an update but the car location shows its inside the dealership, so at least they are doing something?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I contacted ford also the second time as the first time I dealt with for over a year. Provide the DTC and the dash/fp info. It toke about a week with car in for 2 days. Not sure now with the recall if it will help but it did just before it.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Here in the US, thereā€™s a 5-day lead time for parts under recall. But given OPā€™s situation is urgent, they might expedite or give priority over a recall repair. My car was fixed under the recall, with 5 hours of work and overnight charging session. I got a call from the advisor that car was ready 24 hours after dropping it off.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Here in the US, thereā€™s a 5-day lead time for parts under recall. But given OPā€™s situation is urgent, they might expedite or give priority over a recall repair. My car was fixed under the recall, with 5 hours of work and overnight charging session. I got a call from the advisor that car was ready 24 hours after dropping it off.
Congrats on the quick turnaround! Did you contact Ford directly to get a case number or were you able to have it expedited completely through the dealer?

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Congrats on the quick turnaround! Did you contact Ford directly to get a case number or were you able to have it expedited completely through the dealer?
I called my dealer and mentioned the recall. The woman immediately looked up my carā€™s info using my phone number and advised of lead times and booked a loaner. This was on day one when Mach-Lee posted Fordā€™s advisory that parts were available. It was a very seamless transaction and Ford was not directly involved.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So I must have been bad this year because for Christmas I got a High Voltage Battery warning and super fun lights on my dash! Car is only allowing me to use about half hp and charging speeds are scary long. Luckily for me it happened while I was 400 miles from home, wait a minute...šŸ˜­ So for anyone that hasn't been around for a hot minute on here, my car was among the first handful that had the HVJB completely brick my car nearly 2 years ago next month. Of course I got the recall letter telling me that I will need to have my car serviced to address the hvjb in my car but being a busy body haven't had time to make an appointment to bring her in. Guess I should have made time.

I do already have an appointment at a dealership close to home when I finish limping the car there. Wish me luck kids this time around the fix happens fast!
Good morning! If you would like any assistance with your concerns, feel free to send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Update! Got a phone call from the dealership, and surprise surprise it's the HVJB. Kinda wish I could have seen the look on the service advisor's face when his suggestion to just update the car and it will fix the problem, wasn't the solution. They put the order in and now waiting on Ford to send the part at some point in the hopefully near future.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Bummer it happened to you again. I hope your dealerā€™s service department gets it fixed quickly for you. šŸ˜•šŸ©

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Bummer it happened to you again. I hope your dealerā€™s service department gets it fixed quickly for you. šŸ˜•šŸ©
I really hope it gets fixed a lot faster than last time. This go around, at least Ford had software in place to detect the issue now that it's a known one. Which also saved my butt from being stranded 400 miles from home.

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
2 weeks later and my car is still not repaired. I'm getting incredibly frustrated that I think my dealership is treating it as just the recall and not as a right now problem! The service advisor told me they ordered the HVJB replacement 2 full weeks ago and still don't have an ETA on when it will come in!!

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Part finally came in for my car last Friday, I was called by the dealership to make an appointment. They offered to pick up my car and drop off a loaner while my car is repaired. That appointment was on Wednesday. When making the appointment I stressed that I was told by the service advisor that there is only one technician available to do the repairs and if they were sure they were getting my car that the work would be completed in a timely manner. I was assured that they were ready for my car and excited to do the repair. They picked up my car around 630am Wednesday morning and dropped off an escape for me to drive. My car has not moved in their lot since it got to the dealership. I called Thursday evening before the service center closed to ask for an update. My advisor told me they were going to get it in the shop Friday morning. Now it's Saturday afternoon and my car has still not moved. It has been over a month since I first called this dealership about my car being broken. And they have continued to drag their feet on fixing it! I'm so lost on what to do now, they have my car and apparently have the parts to fix it, made an appointment to fix it, picked it up and it's just been sitting there! I can't with dealerships anymore...I'm just so defeated with this whole thing...

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Part finally came in for my car last Friday, I was called by the dealership to make an appointment. They offered to pick up my car and drop off a loaner while my car is repaired. That appointment was on Wednesday. When making the appointment I stressed that I was told by the service advisor that there is only one technician available to do the repairs and if they were sure they were getting my car that the work would be completed in a timely manner. I was assured that they were ready for my car and excited to do the repair. They picked up my car around 630am Wednesday morning and dropped off an escape for me to drive. My car has not moved in their lot since it got to the dealership. I called Thursday evening before the service center closed to ask for an update. My advisor told me they were going to get it in the shop Friday morning. Now it's Saturday afternoon and my car has still not moved. It has been over a month since I first called this dealership about my car being broken. And they have continued to drag their feet on fixing it! I'm so lost on what to do now, they have my car and apparently have the parts to fix it, made an appointment to fix it, picked it up and it's just been sitting there! I can't with dealerships anymore...I'm just so defeated with this whole thing...
What does your case manager say?
Sponsored