Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Guess that’s why it took so long for mine to get built. I’m at Bonnell in Winchester
My order was 4/27, rapid red, extended range, RWD, gray interior, from Herb Chambers Ford Westborough.

I figured that with Chambers having 2 dealerships (Westborough & Braintree), that they would have a higher allocation that might get me my car quicker, but that hasn’t been the case at all.

I’m hopeful that my ETA having 32-39 days added to it was just an arbitrary ‘blanket’ addition to insure that the truck driver shortage was taken into account. As of today, I’m at 8 days post my original 11/21-11/27 ETA.

I’d be happy if it were to arrive at my dealer between Monday-Wednesday, so I’d be able to drive it to NYC on Friday for a planned trip!
Sponsored

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
My order was 4/27, rapid red, extended range, RWD, gray interior, from Herb Chambers Ford Westborough.

I figured that with Chambers having 2 dealerships (Westborough & Braintree), that they would have a higher allocation that might get me my car quicker, but that hasn’t been the case at all.

I’m hopeful that my ETA having 32-39 days added to it was just an arbitrary ‘blanket’ addition to insure that the truck driver shortage was taken into account. As of today, I’m at 8 days post my original 11/21-11/27 ETA.

I’d be happy if it were to arrive at my dealer between Monday-Wednesday, so I’d be able to drive it to NYC on Friday for a planned trip!
I’ve seen many posts where the car arrives early. I’m hopeful for you that it shows up quicker than your new estimate. I hope you get it before your trip!

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
@BostonPete I just looked at the Ford Tracking page and it appears my car shipped overnight.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
@BostonPete I just looked at the Ford Tracking page and it appears my car shipped overnight.
Ah well you will be ahead of me. Mine says it went in to Production yesterday 12/4 and built yesterday. The modules were all activated overnight so it is built but checking the Ford Tracker doesn't show it as shipped yet. So I am guessing I am a few days behind you. Wonder how accurate the date range is... I know there are a lot of variables...

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ah well you will be ahead of me. Mine says it went in to Production yesterday 12/4 and built yesterday. The modules were all activated overnight so it is built but checking the Ford Tracker doesn't show it as shipped yet. So I am guessing I am a few days behind you. Wonder how accurate the date range is... I know there are a lot of variables...
In my car's case, everything from built > shipped > KC > rail lined up so my car would be 3-5 days late; but the truck driver shortage made that impossible, so a month+ was added to my ETA.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
In my car's case, everything from built > shipped > KC > rail lined up so my car would be 3-5 days late; but the truck driver shortage made that impossible, so a month+ was added to my ETA.
Runnning errands today and drove past the Ayer Rail yard - counted four RR MME's - two in the rail side yard and two in the way back....

Last edited:
OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Runnning errands today and drove past the Ayre Rail yard - counted four RR MME's - two in the rail side yard and two in the way back....
Too bad you couldn’t snap a pic ;-)

I sure hope the golds get lifted next week so we can celebrate Christmas early!

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Too bad you couldn’t snap a pic ;-)

I sure hope the golds get lifted next week so we can celebrate Christmas early!
Congratulations on the pending delivery.

Any experiance on tracking the last leg - Mechanicsville NY to Ayer?

The last two reports have given the location as "undefined". The first was a movement of an hour 15 minutes (suspect that it was a movement to a siding). I did not catch the start of yesterday's movement but this morning's movement ended at 1:30 am. So I think the train is in Massachusetts.

LegDays
19-Nov-21​
Lay Days
Factory to Laredo TX
4​
23-Nov-21​
Laredo to KC Southern Terminus
5​
28-Nov-21​
KC Southern Terminus to Richards-Gebaur
2​
30-Nov-21​
Richards - Gebaur to Voltz
10​
10-Dec-21​
Voltz of KC
21​
31-Dec-21​
KC to Elkhart IN
3​
3-Jan-22​
Elkhart to Cleveland OH
1​
4-Jan-22​
-
Cleveland To Buffalo
3​
7-Jan-22​
Buffalo to Depew NY
2​
9-Jan-22​
Depew to Binghamton NY
1​
10-Jan-22​
-
Binghamton - Mechanicsville NY
3​
13-Jan-22​
Mechanicsville - Undefined
0​
13-Jan-22​
-
Undefined - Undefined
1​
14-Jan-22​
-
Undefined - Ayer Ma
1​
15-Jan-22​
-T
Ayer - Framingham MA
5​
20-Jan-22​
4T

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Congratulations on the pending delivery.

Any experiance on tracking the last leg - Mechanicsville NY to Ayer?

The last two reports have given the location as "undefined". The first was a movement of an hour 15 minutes (suspect that it was a movement to a siding). I did not catch the start of yesterday's movement but this morning's movement ended at 1:30 am. So I think the train is in Massachusetts.

LegDays
19-Nov-21​
Lay Days
Factory to Laredo TX
4​
23-Nov-21​
5​
28-Nov-21​
2​
30-Nov-21​
10​
10-Dec-21​
Voltz of KC
21​
31-Dec-21​
KC to Elkhart IN
3​
3-Jan-22​
Elkhart to Cleveland OH
1​
4-Jan-22​
-
Cleveland To Buffalo
3​
7-Jan-22​
Buffalo to Depew NY
2​
9-Jan-22​
Depew to Binghamton NY
1​
10-Jan-22​
-
Binghamton - Mechanicsville NY
3​
13-Jan-22​
0​
13-Jan-22​
-
Undefined - Undefined
1​
14-Jan-22​
-
Undefined - Ayer Ma
1​
15-Jan-22​
-T
Ayer - Framingham MA
5​
20-Jan-22​
4T
Any way to find other VIN numbers that might be on this train car?

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any way to find other VIN numbers that might be on this train car?
Not with the resources available. Get with your dealer and ask for a Vehicle Visibility Report.

This is how I asked for it:

" It appears that Ford Dealers have access to a VVR (Vehicle Visibility Report) which is available at www.vehiclevisibility.dealerconnection.com. Can I ask you to please see if you can have one produced for Order Number NNNN, VIN 3FMTK3SUXMMANNNN.

Can you please provide an update as to where the vehicle is in transit? If a railcar number is available, I would appreciate that detail."

EDIT: I see that you are dealer challenged. I would still ask for the VVR, possibly in person.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Not with the resources available. Get with your dealer and ask for a Vehicle Visibility Report.

This is how I asked for it:

" It appears that Ford Dealers have access to a VVR (Vehicle Visibility Report) which is available at www.vehiclevisibility.dealerconnection.com. Can I ask you to please see if you can have one produced for Order Number NNNN, VIN 3FMTK3SUXMMANNNN.

Can you please provide an update as to where the vehicle is in transit? If a railcar number is available, I would appreciate that detail."

EDIT: I see that you are dealer challenged. I would still ask for the VVR, possibly in person.
Dealer challenged is a nice way to put it lol. I ask my dealer weekly for an update. I appreciate the template. Kind of ridiculous that the consumer needs to educate the dealer on these things.

The last update I got was “it has not reached Massachusetts yet“. My delivery timeline on ford’s tracking moved from 1/13-1/21 to 1/14-1/20 which kind of lines up with the schedule you had posted so I’m hopeful I’m on that train too. I honestly just want to know when to have a check ready.

Reactions: OWG

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer challenged is a nice way to put it lol. I ask my dealer weekly for an update. I appreciate the template. Kind of ridiculous that the consumer needs to educate the dealer on these things.

The last update I got was “it has not reached Massachusetts yet“. My delivery timeline on ford’s tracking moved from 1/13-1/21 to 1/14-1/20 which kind of lines up with the schedule you had posted so I’m hopeful I’m on that train too. I honestly just want to know when to have a check ready.
...and my timeline on Ford's order tracking slipped from 1/07 to 2/07 overnight. I wonder who supplies their Magic 8 Ball?

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Per Norfolk Southern railcar arrive Ayer at 8:03 am today.

@oadesign will you please consult United Road - I know that i have no right to expect them to be efficient.....

LegDays
19-Nov-21​
Lay Days
Factory to Laredo TX
4​
23-Nov-21​
5​
28-Nov-21​
2​
30-Nov-21​
10​
10-Dec-21​
Voltz of KC
21​
31-Dec-21​
KC to Elkhart IN
3​
3-Jan-22​
Elkhart to Cleveland OH
1​
4-Jan-22​
-
Cleveland To Buffalo
3​
7-Jan-22​
Buffalo to Depew NY
2​
9-Jan-22​
Depew to Binghamton NY
1​
10-Jan-22​
-
Binghamtion - Mechanicsville NY
3​
13-Jan-22​
0​
13-Jan-22​
-
Undefined - Ayer Ma
1​
14-Jan-22​
-
Undefined - Ayer Ma
0​
14-Jan-22​
Ayer - Framingham MA
5​
19-Jan-22​
4T
Total Days ===>61

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
Per Norfolk Southern railcar arrive Ayer at 8:03 am today.

@oadesign will you please consult United Road - I know that i have no right to expect them to be efficient.....

LegDays
19-Nov-21​
Lay Days
Factory to Laredo TX
4​
23-Nov-21​
5​
28-Nov-21​
2​
30-Nov-21​
10​
10-Dec-21​
Voltz of KC
21​
31-Dec-21​
KC to Elkhart IN
3​
3-Jan-22​
Elkhart to Cleveland OH
1​
4-Jan-22​
-
Cleveland To Buffalo
3​
7-Jan-22​
Buffalo to Depew NY
2​
9-Jan-22​
Depew to Binghamton NY
1​
10-Jan-22​
-
Binghamtion - Mechanicsville NY
3​
13-Jan-22​
0​
13-Jan-22​
-
Undefined - Ayer Ma
1​
14-Jan-22​
-
Undefined - Ayer Ma
0​
14-Jan-22​
Ayer - Framingham MA
5​
19-Jan-22​
4T
Total Days ===>61

Interesting, I wonder if mine is on this train as well... My Ford account shows my delivery date range from tomorrow (1-15) to 1/22 and it still showing "Inactive" in the United Road System. Not sure when they do their updates but will certainly keep an eye on the site. Then of course it will be interesting to see how long it will take to get from Ayer to my dealer.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, I wonder if mine is on this train as well... My Ford account shows my delivery date range from tomorrow (1-15) to 1/22 and it still showing "Inactive" in the United Road System. Not sure when they do their updates but will certainly keep an eye on the site. Then of course it will be interesting to see how long it will take to get from Ayer to my dealer.
My dealer says by the end of the month..... Long time to move 26 miles.
Sponsored