mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Funny, it says "Key Fobs"...like you get two or something...
Some exec probably said at the last moment... "Hey Bob, we can get our bonuses this year if we save a few bucks by only giving ONE fob."
Sponsored

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
The day has finally arrived! I got a phone call at 5pm tonight from my sales rep letting me know my car has arrived. Unfortunately it wasn’t ready for sale, because it was too late for the PDI to be completed. I’ll buy it tomorrow. Couldn’t even test drive it tonight either.
You had better take some melatonin if you expect to get any sleep tonight. Are you taking a vacation day?

Last edited:
OP
OP
machdaddy

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Funny, it says "Key Fobs"...like you get two or something...
You had better take some melatonin if you expect to get any sleep tomorrow. Are you taking a vacation day?
Haha good point! Nah, I’m going to stroll in probably around 3pm after I do some work. Asked my sales rep to make sure it’s cleaned up and fully charged so I can take delivery. I also emphasized no test drives. He assured me that it’ll be locked and no drives given.

I’m going to need to figure out some Paint Protection Film options that may be open (due to COVID) around me.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Haha good point! Nah, I’m going to stroll in probably around 3pm after I do some work. Asked my sales rep to make sure it’s cleaned up and fully charged so I can take delivery. I also emphasized no test drives. He assured me that it’ll be locked and no drives given.

I’m going to need to figure out some Paint Protection Film options that may be open (due to COVID) around me.
I might do paint protection if I can get some that covers entire panels.
I just end up feeling like I can always add film over some carefully repaired chips and they won't show, but by the time I get the chips, it isn't a new car anymore and I don't worry about it. But THIS will be a Mustang, so maybe I will protect it.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
will ask about the Active Driver Assist ($100 credit for pre-signing up for ADA).
Point of order. You don't actually pre-sign up for anything. The $100 credit is just for acknowledging that Hands Free Driving is not available yet. Whether or not you sign up for it when it becomes available is completely up to you. You get the $100 either way.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Congrats!! It's been a long wait ... nice to finally have it arrive.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Crazy. Definitely seems to confirm the factory application, but strange that they list it on the "loose items list" sticker on the window.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mine’s here! 1612285801594
That is interesting.

I have always expected 2 fobs with every vehicle that I've purchased. Pretty sure mine will only come with the one but if the sticker on my car says the same thing then I'll instruct the dealer to find my second fob or order me a new one.

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
The day has finally arrived! I got a phone call at 5pm tonight from my sales rep letting me know my car has arrived. Unfortunately it wasn’t ready for sale, because it was too late for the PDI to be completed. I’ll buy it tomorrow. Couldn’t even test drive it tonight either.
I validated it was in transport mode, the Activate button didn’t do anything even standing next the vehicle. Looks quite dusty because it’s been sitting a long while.

Confirming they preinstalled the front plate at the factory ??

Build date was 12/08/20, shipment date 12/30/2020, arrival date 2/1/2021.

Awesome

OP
OP
machdaddy

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is interesting.

I have always expected 2 fobs with every vehicle that I've purchased. Pretty sure mine will only come with the one but if the sticker on my car says the same thing then I'll instruct the dealer to find my second fob or order me a new one.
So yeah, I actually took the car home tonight. I asked about whether the second fob was able to be ordered and the parts manager said he will find out and get back to me. ??

OP
OP
machdaddy

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Crazy. Definitely seems to confirm the factory application, but strange that they list it on the "loose items list" sticker on the window.

Yeah I am sure it was done by the factory because it had the same amount of dirt/dust buildup as the rest of the car and it hadn’t even went through PDI yet. Weird that it was under the loose items.

OP
OP
machdaddy

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats! I hope your testicles feel better tonight...
I appreciate your concern, yes I got my car tonight and I’m good now. Although I forgot to check for the charge cord and sure enough I don’t have one. Texted my sales rep, going to see his response tomorrow morning. ?
Sponsored