Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
I was in the carpool line waiting to pick up my kids, and I fired up the entertainment tab in my MachE to watch some videos. I noticed that all I have now is YouTube and that the today show, and I think the NBC News option are now gone. Is this just me? Not that I cared or ever watched those two options I'm just wondering if they took these away for everybody or my systems just glitching. I quite happy if YouTube is the only option just curious as to what happened to the others and if it s the same for other people on the form. I always thought it was a bit odd because the videos that were available on the other channels were all available on YouTube as well. So it seems like duplication, but I figured NBC was paying for it perhaps they've decided it wasn't worth it as nobody used it.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Not just you.

OP
OP
Nygman

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
Not just you.
Good to know. I wish it would add a few more like Netflix, Hulu, Max, and anything else to be honest with you. It would be nice to have options. I always thought the other two options were a bit silly, again the contents available on YouTube so why duplicate. It was probably a short-term deal with NBC to promote their content.

I have used the YouTube streaming multiple times and I find it really good. I All the functionality I have on my phone but on a bigger screen. I'm using my phone hotspot, and it works just fine. As long as they keep YouTube I'm happy, but if you add some more decent providers I think that would be a great addition to this section.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Good to know. I wish it would add a few more like Netflix, Hulu, Max, and anything else to be honest with you. It would be nice to have options. I always thought the other two options were a bit silly, again the contents available on YouTube so why duplicate. It was probably a short-term deal with NBC to promote their content.

I have used the YouTube streaming multiple times and I find it really good. I All the functionality I have on my phone but on a bigger screen. I'm using my phone hotspot, and it works just fine. As long as they keep YouTube I'm happy, but if you add some more decent providers I think that would be a great addition to this section.
Also, add support for Google's casting and AirPlay functionality and just let people stream whatever they want from their phones.

OP
OP
Nygman

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
Casting would be a good option, totally agree. Although I usually put on a YouTube video, and use my phone to do work so casting in that respect for me isn't a great option unless I'm using it on the weekend, which is rare.

I do think it's all that Ford didn't mention anything and just remove the channels. I had a big announcement when they added them, would be nice to know what their plans are only having one video app seem to waste of a whole section dedicated to those types of apps. I really hope we see more in the future, the system obviously has a capacity to play videos so they should really exploit it. On that note a web browser would also be a nice addition, but I'll take a few more video providers instead.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My guess is it was a trial contract with NBC and it expired cause they saw it didnā€™t get used.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I hadn't noticed them missing. I've never watched a video in any vehicle. Nor do I play the games. I rarely look at Youtube on my phone, tablet, or computer, and don't care if vehicles have these features or not.

Like many features, some people use them, some do not.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The YouTube app has been great, sometimes I just wanna watch stuff on a bigger screen if Iā€™m waiting in the car

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Mine was gone too, and today they are back!