Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yesterday I tried to start my car and got the Stop Safely Now error. It also said Full Accessory Mode, or something. All accessories seem to work fine, but car was dead. I've had it since 10/20/21, I only have 5900 miles, and have never used a DC fast charger. Towed it on a flatbed to local F@#d dealer and let them know what happened. at end of the day I called to see what was going on, and the service guy says, well we only have one tech that works on EVs and there are a lot of them, so he cant look at it until next week. Asked what I'm supposed to do, are they giving me a loaner? Well, he's "looking into it" and will "talk with the manager". To me, that seems like a 3-5 minute task. Still waiting to hear back.

In the meantime, I called Ford corporate. First 6 calls were either dropped or not connected at all. Finally bypassed their stupid VM system and spoke to someone and they started a case file. Not hopeful that leads to anything productive.
Sponsored

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
A case file is the quickest way for things to lead to something productive. The same thing happened to me. You did all of the right things. At least you'll be getting the new and improved HVBJB. I, on the other hand, got a replacement of the older part. All things factored in, consider yourself fortunate that Ford now as a software and a hardware fix available for your car. They didn't have one for me back in February when my GT failed. I was SOL for about 6 weeks. Good luck.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
another one bites the dust. im guessing they used the same hvbjb regardless of trim that's why GTs are bricking more than rwd sr models

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm going through the same thing at the moment. 6400 miles on my GT. Tried to go to work one day and got "Stop Safely Now.". Car was towed to Ford dealership. It took about four days to get a loaner and a week for the car to be looked at.

About nine days after dropping the car off, I got a call about them updating the software and having the car running again. However, they suggested I keep the rental and await a new 12v battery because the one in my car is bad and it could fail again. A battery was ordered, but it apparently took about a month for a 12v battery to arrive for another customer.

I've been without my car 17 days now. I check FordPass to see if my car has been active but no updates since they initial got it running. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: RSH

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I'm going through the same thing at the moment. 6400 miles on my GT. Tried to go to work one day and got "Stop Safely Now.". Car was towed to Ford dealership. It took about four days to get a loaner and a week for the car to be looked at.

About nine days after dropping the car off, I got a call about them updating the software and having the car running again. However, they suggested I keep the rental and await a new 12v battery because the one in my car is bad and it could fail again. A battery was ordered, but it apparently took about a month for a 12v battery to arrive for another customer.

I've been without my car 17 days now. I check FordPass to see if my car has been active but no updates since they initial got it running. 🙁
it wasn't a HVBJB problem ?

Mach-Evan

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-e GT / F-150 Lightning res.
Country flag
We had the same experience with Ford Customer Service. Many dropped calls, "we can't find your case", getting transferred around in circles, etc - it's frankly a mess and very frustrating. Once you do get an actual case manager, things will get handled from there but with all of these happening so often I'm sure there's bound to be a nasty back-log. Good luck!

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the problems with your Mach-E! Hopefully the dealership can get things fixed quickly.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Mach-E GT
Country flag
problem ?
I'm not totally sure. I'll ask for more details when I talk to them again (I was at work and disappointed that their call wasn't telling me that I could pick my car up, although I saw through the app that they were charging it).

From what I remember of the call, they updated the software to address the HVBJB recall, but it didn't seem to be the primary issue. Seems the bad 12v was the cause. Honestly, not 100% sure about the main cause yet.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
A case file is the quickest way for things to lead to something productive. The same thing happened to me. You did all of the right things. At least you'll be getting the new and improved HVBJB. I, on the other hand, got a replacement of the older part. All things factored in, consider yourself fortunate that Ford now as a software and a hardware fix available for your car. They didn't have one for me back in February when my GT failed. I was SOL for about 6 weeks. Good luck.
OP says all accessories work fine so if that is the case then it isn't a HVBJB issue.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Mach-E GT
Country flag
it wasn't a HVBJB problem ?
I called the dealership and spoke with my service advisor. He said it was a combination of the HVBJB and 12v battery. Sounds like they charged the battery and it still wouldn't start until they updated they software. Still no update on when they'll actually have the replacement battery.

I almost want to get my car back and return it when they get the battery since they've done the software update. I appreciate the loaner but it's definitely no Mach-E. I'd hate to go through the towing again, so I'll be patient. 🥺

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
OP says all accessories work fine so if that is the case then it isn't a HVBJB issue.
I had the HVBJB fail. When it does, the accessories will still work but the car will not go into gear and you will have the stop safely message on the display. When it failed I knew (thanks to this forum) that I needed to preserve the 12v battery power so that when the tow truck arrived I could turn on the accessory mode to get the car into tow mode for the tow driver to winch it up onto the bed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I had the HVBJB fail. When it does, the accessories will still work but the car will not go into gear and you will have the stop safely message on the display. When it failed I knew (thanks to this forum) that I needed to preserve the 12v battery power so that when the tow truck arrived I could turn on the accessory mode to get the car into tow mode for the tow driver to winch it up onto the bed.
How was HVBJB issue resolved? Was it the software update?

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
they updated the software to address the HVBJB recall
Can software update fix the HVBJB after it failed? My understanding is that when it's cooked, it's cooked and needs to be replaced. And the software update is to prevent the HVBJB failure in the first place.

So dealerships already have the software fix available for them? Why don't we get our cars updated then?

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
So sorry this has happened to you. It is disconcerting not knowing if my GT will fail. I have been driving in whisper and only charging at home until the recall is completed. I am less tempted to WOT in whisper. On a positive note efficiency is the best it has ever been. Glass half full.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Can software update fix the HVBJB after it failed? My understanding is that when it's cooked, it's cooked and needs to be replaced. And the software update is to prevent the HVBJB failure in the first place.

So dealerships already have the software fix available for them? Why don't we get our cars updated then?
Good question. My service advisor never said they replaced the HVBJB, just that the software was updated and it's running again.

That's why I'm wondering how @heisnuts had their HVBJB issue fixed.
Sponsored