John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sitting in my home office in the middle of an iPhone call via Bluetooth on my iMac, and my wife jumps into her MME to go shop, and as soon as she starts up, my call jumps from my iMac speakers to her MME speakers. As her MME drives out of Bluetooth range, the call drops. Yes, the home office does share a wall with the garage.

Cue Twilight Zone theme....
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Actually, its performing like I would expect based on how close you are to the vehicle when its being started.
If you were the one jumping in the car (mid-call), and the call carried over to the car speakers, it would be a seamless experience.

I don't know how the car would know to differentiate from the two situations, since your phone is in Bluetooth range for both.

Possibly a profile solve, where your wife's phone is primary for her profile, and it doesn't look for your phone at all when she drives. But, I've heard the profiles are buggy....

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
My husband's phone is paired via BT to my car. If he is on a call when I start the car (always in range because our driveway is mere steps from the living room), it comes to my car car's speakers.

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Actually, its performing like I would expect based on how close you are to the vehicle when its being started.
If you were the one jumping in the car (mid-call), and the call carried over to the car speakers, it would be a seamless experience.

I don't know how the car would know to differentiate from the two situations, since your phone is in Bluetooth range for both.

Possibly a profile solve, where your wife's phone is primary for her profile, and it doesn't look for your phone at all when she drives. But, I've heard the profiles are buggy....
You are correct, it is working as designed, but I would like to make her iPhone the primary, but as you say, the profiles are buggy and not real straightforward. Same problem in our '21 F-150 PowerBoost.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I live alone, one day I was on the couch on the phone with my dad, and suddenly the MME took over the call. Went out and sure enough, Sync had started up and connected BT and audio switched over and I could hear dad in the car speakers.

No idea what caused it to wake up like that randomly, but its only happened the one time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
We've had those issues for years with every BT car we've had.

My Tacoma had a Jabra Freeway BT speaker in it. It turned on automatically with a motion-sensor switch (perhaps a mercury tube). There were times I'd be on a call in the house on a particularly windy day and the truck would hijack my call.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I haven't had it take over a call yet. But our living room is right on top of our garage (townhouse). When my wife gets in the car, my iPhone connects to CarPlay and starts playing (I have a Siri Shortcut set to play a specific playlist on connect), and even goes into the Driving profile. As soon as she selects her phone we're fine, but I figure this is just what's going to happen if I'm going to be the primary driver, due to the layout of our home.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
You are correct, it is working as designed, but I would like to make her iPhone the primary, but as you say, the profiles are buggy and not real straightforward. Same problem in our '21 F-150 PowerBoost.
"profiles are buggy" is an understatement

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Not sure if there's a way to add a BT on/off shortcut to the home screen. It's functioning precisely as it should. I use quite a few BT devices, I've adjusted to quickly hitting that BT button.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
My MME does this all the time. My wife is on a call, I start the car with my phone in the car, it connects to her phone first. Her name starts with an A so she is on the top of the list. I have also driven to the store, and not taken my phone (I know that must freek some people out but not me) and when I come back into the garage it connects to my wife's phone. Wish I could figure out how to stop that, other than remove her phone.

Dwyspace

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer XLT; 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
This has become a real problem for my wife and I who both work from home and both drive the MME as much as we can. The last connected phone automatically connects the next time the car is started.

Dear @Ford Motor Company : please tie our individual BT connections to our Sync profiles. I hoped that getting in the car and quickly choosing my profile would keep my wife’s BT from connecting but no joy. Or connect PAAK and key fobs to our BT connections.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Dear @Ford: please tie our individual BT connections to our Sync profiles. I hoped that getting in the car and quickly choosing my profile would keep my wife’s BT from connecting but no joy. Or connect PAAK and key fobs to our BT connections.
This is beyond Robert’s power.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This has become a real problem for my wife and I who both work from home and both drive the MME as much as we can. The last connected phone automatically connects the next time the car is started.

Dear @Ford: please tie our individual BT connections to our Sync profiles. I hoped that getting in the car and quickly choosing my profile would keep my wife’s BT from connecting but no joy. Or connect PAAK and key fobs to our BT connections.
As an FYI, my wife’s BMW x3 has the same problems. Could be my profile when I get in but her phone is the one that shows up or sometimes her CarPlay.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag

Please edit your message to reference @Ford Motor Company - the one you referenced is a forum member who might regret their username choice.
Sponsored