MME sold out?

Azuloval

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Country flag
They updated the article after Ford debunked it. Yet again wrong info being circulated. Hopefully this clears this up and the misinformation (not from here) stops.

"***UPDATE: Ford contacted InsideEVs to provide some clarification on this. According to Ford:

"Customer reservation numbers for Mustang Mach-E are not sequential production numbers. We are not sharing detail on total numbers of reservations at this time other than that the limited edition First Edition reservations bank is full and we expect around 50,000 global sales of Mach-E in the first 12 months of production. All other derivatives remain available to order."

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And even if it were correct that the reservation numbers were full (it isn't), they're only reservations, not sales.

It's impossible to be "sold out" of something when not a single sale has taken place yet.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I hope those guys don't refer to themselves as journalists. Their source is a forum where people are trying to read tea leaves. I shudder to think how often this happens on more important topics.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope those guys don't refer to themselves as journalists. Their source is a forum where people are trying to read tea leaves. I shudder to think how often this happens on more important topics.
I'm amazed at how many "news" stories I've seen on sites like that where there's this big headline stating something like it's fact, only to read the story and see their "source" is either this forum or the other one.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I'm amazed at how many "news" stories I've seen on sites like that where there's this big headline stating something like it's fact, only to read the story and see their "source" is either this forum or the other one.
Unfortunately, that seems to happen a lot in so called "hard news" stories as well. Everything seems to be "what is click-bait?" first and "what is news?" is secondary at best.

Azuloval

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Country flag
The difference is the ones from the other site have been consistently inaccurate. From the Euro market first to the reservation guesses and now this "sold out" nonsense, their info has been so misleading that Ford has had to step in to correct the misinformation. I'm not sure why these media sites continue to rely on them for info.
Sponsored