Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
My screen does not look like that....Connected Vehicle Features arrow does not drop down the list yours shows.

IMG_2290.jpeg
That’s just an old screenshot I got from another thread here.
The screen has changed a few times.
The fact that the dropdown doesn’t show the setting is a problem.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I went in my car and got the same thing as you. It said Please Wait, and then nothing.
I did a sync reboot and then I showed up again.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Modem issue? IMG_2251
Ford Mustang Mach-E Modem issue? IMG_2252

OP
OP
dkstudio

dkstudio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME PE
Country flag
Thx for that Ali. What steps did you take for the Sync reboot exactly. Just trying to avoid a factory reset. 👊🏼

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
What steps did you take for the Sync reboot exactly
holding the seek right and volume down buttons on the steering wheel will reboot the Sync.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Thx for that Ali. What steps did you take for the Sync reboot exactly. Just trying to avoid a factory reset. 👊🏼
Memories this. You can do this at any time the screen acts up. You can do this even while you’re driving. I sometimes have to do this because CarPlay acts up.

OP
OP
dkstudio

dkstudio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME PE
Country flag
Sync reset failed to solve the issue, I did it twice...same problems, no connected features dropdown, no wifi networks when I'm in front of a building with at least 50 apartments, no bluecrusie, same ol same ol. I'd bet it's a bad modem. Cannot do remote start, cannot get updated app battery info, spinning software update into oblivion. Off to service tomorrrow.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
- No wifi networks even after refresh which glitches when pressed
- No iOS app refresh for 3 days now
- No Software updates, just non stop spinning ...getting the latest software update status
- Blue Cruise stopped worki

- DO I NEED A FACTORY RESET OR FUSE PULL?

- IS MY MODEM BAD?

S.O.S.

SYNC 4 v23291_PRODUCT
REVISION 1049
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

OP
OP
dkstudio

dkstudio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME PE
Country flag
uodate: Ford saw this post and reached out. Just went through a few steps with the OTA tech. All failed to bring connected services back online. Dealer it is....will report back.

OP
OP
dkstudio

dkstudio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME PE
Country flag
For those who care...Ford dealer ordered a new TCU, Telecomatic Unit. Sounds like a modem to me. But it's backordered. First American car I bought in 35 years is certainly not starting off on the right foot.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
First American car I bought in 35 years is certainly not starting off on the right foot.
How many of your previous cars had a modem?

ePony23

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
For those who care...Ford dealer ordered a new TCU, Telecomatic Unit. Sounds like a modem to me. But it's backordered. First American car I bought in 35 years is certainly not starting off on the right foot.
I’ve had the same problem since I purchase my vehicle in Oct 2023. My Ford Pass never recognized/connected at all. Been to dealer 3 times and finally set to replace TCU. Of course, back ordered as you mentioned, but they also mentioned it’s a $2k part that Ford will have a tough time ordering. Guessing it has to go through several “approvals”. It’s been 2 months since, and nothing yet. Still waiting. I am reaching out to the dealer every 3 weeks just to let them know that I’m still waiting, until my patience runs out. Then, my communication will be straight to Ford Corp . Good luck!

OP
OP
dkstudio

dkstudio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME PE
Country flag
Epony23...
I read a forum post yesterday that mentioned pulling the 21/22 fuse. Guess what??? It worked. All my connected services came back online. Hoping I get software updates now but the Update Now button was grayed out. At least it's not appearing to be a bad TCU. Shouldn't dealers know this? No one had a clue at the dealership, I actually texted the service tech yesterday to tell him.

ePony23

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
I will give that a shot! Thank you for the suggestion. I really hope it will work. With that feature not working I have yet to try blue cruise, remote start, hot spot or any Ford pass function since my purchase.
Question: Does this vehicle have wireless CarPlay? Reason I ask is mine only recognizes my phone if it’s plugged in, yet when I use my other vehicle which has the function ,’my phone immediately connects to wireless CarPlay.
Thanks Again!

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car had this issue after Blue cruise expired and was not renewed, but the modem came back on after a restart.

OP
OP
dkstudio

dkstudio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME PE
Country flag
that sounds like your CarPlay isn't set up correctly, try removing your phone and starting over for CarPlay.
Sponsored