CP-Mach-E

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Murano, 21 F150 PB Plat, 21 Mach-E PESR
Country flag
Had something interesting happen today. Both my FordPass App and Android Auto App updated today. I was excited to finally get to test out the Android Auto functionality. I took the car for a test drive to try it all out.

A few hours later, I needed to go and pick my son up from work, but when I tried to get into my car, the door would not unlock. Being used to PAAK being unreliable, I restarted the app...no luck. I then tried rebooting my phone...nothing. Nothing that I did would get PAAK to work.

Thinking that the updates earlier in the day somehow messed up my PAAK, I removed the key from my phone, and set it up again from scratch. I was able to set it up, but it still would not work. The door would not unlock, and the car would not start. The FordPass app on the phone said that the key was connected to the car, but the car just kept on saying that no key was detected.

Finally in desperation I rebooted the Sync 4 software in the car, and bingo! Everything started working again.

For those that don't know, to reboot the software you need to hold down the volume down toggle, and the right-seek button on the steering wheel for a few seconds.

For me this has been the last straw. I'm going to be seeing by dealer about getting a second key fob. This whole PAAK thing has been an interesting experiment, but between it being completely unreliable, and my phone needing to be charged twice as often as before, I'm definitely not sold on the concept.
Sponsored

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Had something interesting happen today. Both my FordPass App and Android Auto App updated today. I was excited to finally get to test out the Android Auto functionality. I took the car for a test drive to try it all out.

A few hours later, I needed to go and pick my son up from work, but when I tried to get into my car, the door would not unlock. Being used to PAAK being unreliable, I restarted the app...no luck. I then tried rebooting my phone...nothing. Nothing that I did would get PAAK to work.

Thinking that the updates earlier in the day somehow messed up my PAAK, I removed the key from my phone, and set it up again from scratch. I was able to set it up, but it still would not work. The door would not unlock, and the car would not start. The FordPass app on the phone said that the key was connected to the car, but the car just kept on saying that no key was detected.

Finally in desperation I rebooted the Sync 4 software in the car, and bingo! Everything started working again.

For those that don't know, to reboot the software you need to hold down the volume down toggle, and the right-seek button on the steering wheel for a few seconds.

For me this has been the last straw. I'm going to be seeing by dealer about getting a second key fob. This whole PAAK thing has been an interesting experiment, but between it being completely unreliable, and my phone needing to be charged twice as often as before, I'm definitely not sold on the concept.
Does rebooting SYNC4 delete all the previous settings.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag

That reset is good info, it is the only thing I have no tried. Thanks.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag

I had a similar experience after the update. However, my wireless android auto worked seamlessly as it was not working before unless I hardwired my phone. I’m going out later and will see if my PAAK work. It worked prior to the update so I may need to set it up again.

thanks for the information on the reset.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
So how do you do a master reset? I missed that it was different than the SYNC reset.
Rebooting sync with the steering wheel buttons just turns it off and on. Like rebooting your phone or computer.

A master reset is like restoring your phone or wiping your computer. Puts everything back to default and deletes all user data.

Master reset is at the bottom of settings - general.

blheron

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Is it possible that after the phone update the car computer need to restart to get the handshake to the updated phone software? Would this possibly be a normal to do for every phone update?

OP
OP

CP-Mach-E

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Murano, 21 F150 PB Plat, 21 Mach-E PESR
Country flag
Is it possible that after the phone update the car computer need to restart to get the handshake to the updated phone software? Would this possibly be a normal to do for every phone update?
I was able to start the car fine the first time I started it after installing the updates, however that was also the first time my car was able to successfully connect to Android Auto. It was the next time I tried to use the car a few hours later that I ran into issues.

I have no way of knowing if the issue was triggered by my first use of Android Auto, or if that was just a coincidence.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am a tech guy and love tech BUT why are we forced to use unreliable tech rather than a FOB that works always. isnt it tech enough i walk up to car and it unlocks and is ready to go? Every time? Even better if i could remote start car from FOB.

Clunky work around if fob Dead/lost/stolen. Battery goes dead less often than my phone for sure. about 1x every 3 years. Probably less likely any one steal FOB or i lose it compared to phone

PaaK has some cool features if BOTH car AND phone have cell service. If no cell service none of the cool features work. Not even getting in and starting the car.

yes a clunky work around if no cell service/dead/lost/stolen (no cell for car and/or car fairly often)

Just using bluetooth so it would at least work as FOB so i could get in and start car.

I am trying to figure out the advantages of PaaK vs FOB. Save $200 for an extra FOB?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I am trying to figure out the advantages of PaaK vs FOB. Save $200 for an extra FOB?
None other than the Fob is bulky to carry around. I suddenly have visons of Ctr Alt Delete on Windows Vista.
Sponsored