Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
Well, that was certainly a wasted 6+ minutes, but shame on me for expecting more from Munro.

skuker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended
Country flag
He lost me at the "oil canning" . Oil canning is when a panel can pop in and out due to uneven expansion and contraction. What he's pointing out is just flex which I would argue is a positive since it will make the panel more resistant to denting.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'm sure Munro is experienced and knowledgeable, but the way he makes snap judgments and treats his instinct as undisputed fact just erodes my trust in him as an unbiased and accurate source. It's like the videos are designed to show how smart he is, not to actually discover things. Just my impression. I wish there were more reviewers doing this kind of work.

E: I should clarify that this is a general observation having watched some of the channel's content in the past, not specific to this video.

Last edited:
Reactions: smp

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I'm sure Munro is experienced and knowledgeable, but the way he makes snap judgments and treats his instinct as undisputed fact just erodes my trust in him as an unbiased and accurate source. It's like the videos are designed to show how smart he is, not to actually discover things. Just my impression. I wish there were more reviewers doing this kind of work.

E: I should clarify that this is a general observation having watched some of the channel's content in the past, not specific to this video.
I came to a similar conclusion watching his video comparing the electrical system between the Mach-E and the Tesla MY. I couldn't watch past the bit where he started mumbling about how using Ethernet to transmit video data from the camera is strange (pro tip: it's how a lot of things are done now in cars and aviation), and the convoluted idea that having a lot of disparate control modules is a bad thing, as if Ford planning for failure (alluding to the fact that a monolithic module, when broken, breaks more functionality).

I'm a web developer, and sure - we do make things a lot more complicated than necessary sometimes (microservices, cloud everything, etc.), but that's because failures as a matter of when, not if. Also, standards compliance is a good thing, rather than reinventing the wheel over and over. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SoCalPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Country flag
Thermal system looks to be the first target of the teardown:

Sponsored