Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I bet you're the guy that naps while driving and expects the car to take you from point a to b. i''m a programmer. I don't trus any of that. I'll probably use the parking feature and that one pedal driving...just asking for someone to rear end you,.
What is it about the one pedal driving feature in EV's (regen of momentum back into potential energy into the batteries) that leads you to believe that you will be rear ended if used? Some would not use an ATM at first also does not mean they did not work. One pedal driving is a dream, have used it exclusively for 3 years now and have not even came close to being rear ended to date. I see no difference slowing down with disc brakes or with regening electric motors if the brake lights come on for both.

Best of luck to OPers fight for a BCHF update and hope it works out in the end. At the cost of the subscription for what it does I know where my end game is. Not supporting beta development of a tech that is destine to fail.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I'm new around here and so acquiring a 2023.5 GTPE, I am fortunate to experience BC 1.3 out of the gate.
So wouldn't that technically have Ford beating Tesla.

Or is the contest only for Mach-E's that shipped with BC 1.0 and waiting for 1.4 OTA only.

(OTA only meaning FDRS is cheating)
Ford beats Tesla in so many ways and Tesla beats Ford in so many ways. But I think Tesla owns it for upgrading software for existing cars. I sure hope Ford is learning/improving and this is the last year where Ford has trouble bringing us all up to date.

Is 1.4 available for my car via FDRS? That's news to me.

Bmt-mache

First Name
BMT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company ,

I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration regarding the lack of updates and communication surrounding the BlueCruise feature in my Ford Mustang Mach-E. As a loyal Ford customer, I have eagerly awaited the promised updates to this technology, which were initially announced to be available by the summer of last year. However, it is now well past that timeframe, and there has been no indication of progress or communication from Ford regarding this matter.

I purchased my Mach-E with the expectation that BlueCruise would provide me with the latest in hands-free highway driving technology, including features such as Lane Change Assist and In-Lane Repositioning. These features were touted as enhancements that would significantly improve the driving experience and safety of my vehicle. However, despite the promises made, there have been no updates to BlueCruise since its initial release, leaving me feeling misled and frustrated.

Furthermore, the lack of communication from Ford regarding the status of BlueCruise updates is concerning. As a customer who has invested in your brand, I expect transparency and accountability when it comes to promised updates and features. The absence of any communication on this matter only serves to erode my trust in Ford as a company that values its customers and their needs.

I urge you to prioritize the development and release of the promised BlueCruise updates and to improve communication with your customers regarding the status of these updates. As a leader in the automotive industry, Ford has a responsibility to deliver on its promises and to ensure that customers are informed and satisfied with their purchases.

In conclusion, I hope that this letter serves as a reminder of the importance of delivering on promises and maintaining open lines of communication with customers. I look forward to seeing swift action taken to address these concerns and to experiencing the full potential of BlueCruise in my Ford Mustang Mach-E.
Thanks for writing the letter. This was a huge factor in purchasing the car for me. Very frustrating.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
The required module updates have been in FDRS for some cars since January 9th.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/so-bc-1-4-has-been-in-fdrs-for-over-a-week-now.33226/

To enable the 1.4 feature set requires figuring out what bits to set using Forscan. Those features being lane scootch, assisted lane change, etc...

For 2021 and 2022 cars if the modules are installed but the bits not set using Forscan, the car is using the 1.4 software stack but with the 1.0 feature set. I am not sure if a 2023 or 2023.5 had the updates available and they were applied if they would end up with the full 1.4 experience. I expect yes.

So Ford is confident in the software or it would have pulled the module updates from FDRS but are still struggling with the delivery.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford (and most of all other legacy manufacturers) is plagued by lack of competence in software development and testing.

The Blue Cruise update fiasco (as other updates that went terribly wrong) just made that loudly clear as well as their inability (or lack of willingness) to provide other extremely necessary features (such as kW Info about charging and a universal battery level setting) to consumers.

I purchased a Mach-e for the design and for the benefits provided by BlueCruise over what Tesla offered. That time both were at the same price point. If I only knew what I was heading into…

This was my first Ford and probably will be my last.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Ford beats Tesla in so many ways and Tesla beats Ford in so many ways. But I think Tesla owns it for upgrading software for existing cars. I sure hope Ford is learning/improving and this is the last year where Ford has trouble bringing us all up to date.

Here's the thing - Tesla is quick to release software, even when it's not ready or dangerous. Ford is slow to release software, wanting to make sure there's nothing that'll get them sued.

The reality is, both companies are wrong and the right solution is somewhere in the middle.

I'll die on this hill (but probably not before someone dies from FSD v12)

moog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Strongly worded letters........they always work.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
At least you have blue cruise 1.0! Many of us lost that feature with 6.13. One of the reasons I bought the car and an OTA broke the feature entirely with no communication or reimburse from ford.

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
Hi @aporzio1! This doesn’t sound like an experience we want you to have. :( Please DM me your name, VIN, and dealership and we’ll help you set up an appointment at your dealership.

Sincerely, @Ford Motor Company.
on our trip from Huntsville Alabama to Ann Arbor, Michigan this week, blue cruise (we have 1.3) worked pretty good, I give it a 70 on a scale of one to 100. There were times when blue Cruise just quit, or would stop, and then start again in a mile or so, then stop in a couple of miles then start again in another mile.

We also found out the unfortunate effects of a surprise spring snowstorm on the sensors of our MME; we lost all of our lane, centering and driver assist controls because of icing on the sensors. Here’s a suggestion: for future critical sensors like these perhaps you could install in a heating element so that they would not ice over in inclement weather.
Sponsored