Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
First the good news the vehicle has arrived at the dealer. I believe it arrived Friday, October 1. I will get to that in a little bit. I wanted to go over my personal experience because a couple of things along the way changed through the process and expressed some of my concerns about how Ford handled the people that made early reservations how they were communicated to you what they said did and what didn't happen.

Of course, I was one of the early reservation people and reserved a car as soon as I could online and pick the color and style, and features. Of course, through the reservation process, the pandemic hit and I think this through everybody for a loop.

Although the communications were confusing and a lot of fall starts I was able to talk with people at four to get a few things rectified with my reservation.

The first thing that happened was they change the color of the car because they decided they did not want to produce cars in a certain color for whatever reason and then I had to spend approximately 4 1/2 hours with people on the phone to get the actual color that I thought would be acceptable for the car. I was sad that they decided to get rid of the color I really wanted so I had to make my second choice. I was not expecting this type of thing from ford.

I mentioned earlier there were a lot of false starts I got communications that would continually tell me that I could now order my Mach E only to find that that wasn't the case the GT was still being delayed.

I'm not even gonna get into the timeline because I have to understand the world was an upheaval so I will just pass that timeline that Ford put in place and what actually happened couldn't have possibly been achieved.

So finally get around to being notified by my dealer that I could now actually order the car I tried to place my order on the day that is open for the Mach E GT.

Their website was not functioning correctly and as I continue to try to order the car and get my reservation deposit transferred to the order for whatever reason he continued to fail. I added a new credit card that did not help.

I spent two hours on the phone with Ford trying to rectify it did not help. I was finally able to speak with the dealer and as luck would have it a representative from Ford was at the dealer at the time and they figured out a way to get it resolved.

This is the one that really threw me for a loop going to the dealer's website I noticed that my car's Vin number and the car had shown up on it I was so excited I immediately went down to the dealer to say I'm ready to get my car.
Nope, it's not here none of the cars are here there's a chip Shortage. I'm like oh great as I was driving around town I realize that no car dealers had any cars to speak of so I guess what they were saying was true. But I was disappointed the fact that I had to go down there and talk to the current salesperson or sales manager at the time at Theodore Robins Ford that there was an error on the website and the car wouldn't be here for several months I think for now controls all of that so shame on them.

Some side notes in some information that I found contradictory to what actually happened I was invited to the dealer to sit in the car and learn more about it during this process and the people there were very nice and the cars seem to look very nice and put together very well I was impressed but the information that was provided by these folks seem to be contradictory to what is actually happening today with the vehicle I reserved.

One of those issues was and stated by the representatives afford that all MME's were going to have a panoramic roof at this time which was like a year or more ago.

Shame on me for not paying attention to the details because when I originally made the reservation the car had a panoramic roof and I was torn about that but because I'm a Tall person it made sense because you had more headroom now getting the car and realizing it doesn't have a panoramic roof I was a little taken aback oh well I'll see if I fit in the car at this point still waiting to see it, person.

What's nice is the MME arrive before they started this but that just goes to the old Star Trek Scotty saying to Captain Kirk it's going to take several days to get this working and 15 minutes later it's working so I'm sure they always put an extra the time in their transportation process to make themselves look like they're delivering on time or better.

The other thing that's been swirling around in my brain is all the issues that have been going on with the software in the vehicle and various features that I have decided that probably I should stay away from like a phone as a key.

I'm hoping through the process that I would like the car once I'm able to get into it and drive it and make sure that I still fit in it good I am excited but also pensive I don't know how those fit together but that's my best way of describing my emotions to this point. I am hoping for the best and able to purchase the car but at the same time it Has to be what works for me and I sure hope it does.

I put together a list of requirements and I'll be going through with the dealer and I'm sure they are not going to be happy with me but hearing about all the various things that could happen to a transportation initial release of the car in a certain fit finish and key fob issues etc. I'm going to have to give myself some extra time through the purchase process in the next couple of days.

Please understand a few things here this is of my personal experience I'm not trying to sway anyone from purchasing the car or anything like that I'm explaining the process that I went through personally. Here are some photos of the vehicle that finally came in I will say that the wheels look better in these photos and they ever have in any of the images that Ford has provided. I can't say that I was a fan of these weird aero-covered wheels but with the color combination and they seem to go well.

Please disregard any spelling errors or punctuation etc. as this was generated voice to text.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My personal experience while ordering my Mach E GT 123_1-1

Ford Mustang Mach-E My personal experience while ordering my Mach E GT 123_1-2

Ford Mustang Mach-E My personal experience while ordering my Mach E GT 123_1-3

Ford Mustang Mach-E My personal experience while ordering my Mach E GT 123_1

Last edited: