Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I just returned from a trip to Reno from Sacramento and made a lot of use of Ford's built in navigation app. I noticed that when you add a waypoint to your route-in-progress the distance-to-destination, which is located under the current range on the instrument display, freezes at whatever mileage is shown when you add the waypoint. This did not resolve after a restart of Sync or when I turned the car back on the next day.

With the number of software bugs we have in the system, the lack of meaningful updates to the vehicle modules, and the "blue collar" type folk that Ford generally seems to market to... I have this image in my head of Larry the Cable Guy answering the phones in the software department over at Ford Headquarters.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Oh that freezes all the time, you don't have to add a waypoint.

I've seen it freeze with just a single destination.

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Oh that freezes all the time, you don't have to add a waypoint.

I've seen it freeze with just a single destination.
Oh ok, that hasn't happened to me yet. It's very annoying.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It froze up on my recent road trip for roughly 40-50 miles, then it unfroze on its own.

Just the distance shown at the left edge of the IC... The other places where remaining distance was shown were all fine (on the map display, distance to next turn instruction, and distance to empty).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yup quite a few glitches... like my screen randomly wants to show darker map but rest of the display changes to white .. hoping they do fix a lot of these bugs in the OTA updates whenever that is likely to come

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Yup quite a few glitches... like my screen randomly wants to show darker map but rest of the display changes to white .. hoping they do fix a lot of these bugs in the OTA updates whenever that is likely to come
One thing that needs to be fixed pronto is the slow startup process. I really hate having to wait 10 or 15 seconds for the computer to boot up before I can do Max AC in this heat. There's a physical max defrost button near my left knee but no Max AC button? That's just rude. By the way I can't have my phone at work so I can't remote start.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
One thing that needs to be fixed pronto is the slow startup process. I really hate having to wait 10 or 15 seconds for the computer to boot up before I can do Max AC in this heat. There's a physical max defrost button near my left knee but no Max AC button? That's just rude. By the way I can't have my phone at work so I can't remote start.
As a workaround for the unfriendly A/C controls, I've been leaving mine on Auto-3 and just moving the set temp down several degrees when I get in the car. (This works even while other things are "starting up.") Once it starts to cool down enough, I move the set temp back up.

This avoids having to access the second level HVAC screen.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
As a workaround for the unfriendly A/C controls, I've been leaving mine on Auto-3 and just moving the set temp down several degrees when I get in the car. (This works even while other things are "starting up.") Once it starts to cool down enough, I move the set temp back up.

This avoids having to access the second level HVAC screen.
Interesting ... should try it...

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Do you leave work at the same time every day? Would a scheduled departure time help?
Yes, I do leave work at the same time every day. I tried the departure time but it didn't work for me when I first got the car... so perhaps I'll try setting it up again.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Do you leave work at the same time every day? Would a scheduled departure time help?
They still haven’t got the toggle for “Allow start when vehicle unplugged” working yet. I have not been able to precondition without being plugged in.
Sponsored