Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'll be contrarian. But, if you should care depends on your ford dealer. I've had three recalls (windshield, glass roof, and now hvbjb) and three csps (charge curve, bluecruise, unstick-the-software-updates). I have gremlins (electrical system drain) that ford does not yet understand, and so of course the dealer has nothing to do (no csp/no tsb = here's your car back).

If the csps (and hvbjb) had been OTA (ford corporate's fault -- software updates wedged on my job 1 car) and the glass recall had been the 1 day it should have been, the car would be *fantastic*.

Instead, the car will go in for a dealer-applied hvbjb (to get it earlier, because we have road trips planned before ota is due to arrive...) and that will hit 30 business days out of service (plus 6 days of weekend, all this calendar year).

Of that 29, 5 were bluecruise (should be a 1-2 day job but it "kept failing and they had to retry"), 1 was chasing the electrical system drain (and failing to fix), and the other 23 (+6 weekend) were either directly the glass recall, or related to it (where, IMO, their sloppy work broke/etc the other things that have had to be warranty fixed since then -- wipers misadjusted, shark fin clips broke, and the interior trim was a mess after reassembly).

So yeah. How's your local dealer? If we'd been in 1-2 day for the glass and the rest had been OTA? I'm sure we'd be happy as a clam. Oh and trying to schedule the hvbjb with the local dealer? They said a month out. So I'm driving an hour away to the dealer we bought it to get it done before our trips. They had options within a week.

We test drove the ev6 and ioniq 5 yesterday. The i5 was bottom-spec, so no sense comparing it (cloth seats) to the premium awd er mustang we have. The ev6 was the wind awd, so pretty comparable. I would have to say I think it felt slightly less nice in terms of cabin materials than the mustang. I miss the glass roof (didn't think I'd be saying that!). Ventilated front, heated rear, and super fast charging is pretty compelling. I have a getting-paid-2.8k-to-drive-for-a-year offer from driveway (spot check, I haven't done the circuit yet). And now there's a bonus state rebate I'd get on the ev6 now (... well maybe if funds don't run out instantly).

Edit: Oh and I haven't even started in on the mystery bugs. I approach the car, alone, with my fob, and it picks my wife's seat position (but my profile is loaded). Door buttons seem... inconsistent on operating. Even after all the updates. My wife for the life of her can't get the kick-to-open trunk to work. For me its about 75% of the time. The stupid auto-routing comes on for the builtin nav, even when we've told it not to. Sirus XM has the popover on startup. Bluecruise-and-friends gets easily confused at entry/exit ramps and we've had "mystery" speed changes where it saw .... something and decided that the interstate was 45 mph rather than 70 mph.
Sponsored

Last edited:

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Ford supposedly has a software fix that works as a bandaid if the catastrophic failure occurs, you can still get it to a dealership under it's own power.
I'd use "tourniquet" as an analogy rather than bandaid, but yes it should get you out of a bad neighborhood and to a dealership so I'll be happy to have the tourniquet in the 1st aid kit.

I've only had my MME a little less than a month, and have already put 1500 miles on it. I am absolutely enthralled with this car! I can honestly say I look forward to driving it each day.

Can't reliably predict another person's experience, but I'll take a wild guess here and predict you're going to be in love with this car.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
My next door neighbor has had his MME for going on a year as Iā€™ve been waiting for mine. He doesnā€™t go on forums or research the car in any way online, he just drives it, enjoys it, and doesnā€™t stress over things like high voltage somethingorothers.

Worst thing you can do IMO is join a car forum if you donā€™t want to freak out about your car (yet here I am!).

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
We have had our MME for about a month, thousand miles. My only complaint is the PAAK does not work, but Ford is aware and they are working on it. Several 100 miles trips and zero problems. We charge, at the house, once a week to 95% and we are good to go. I must be honest, it's my wife's car, she lets me drive it if I keep it clean, which I'm glad to do!

PXL_20220514_193119080.jpg

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I absolutely love my MME for everything it is in spite of the problems - and when folks who see cars as utilitarian transport are excited and intrigued by it, you know itā€™s not just us car geeks hyping a new toy.
I am not a car geek. I only used to build a dozen engines in a year because I was an addict. I got better. Maybe. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Iā€™m a frugal man. These cars are expensive. Iā€™ve bought three. Thatā€™s how much I think theyā€™re ā€œworth it.ā€
Iā€™m Chinese. That means I canā€™t be frugal. Iā€™m cheap. Oh, and Iā€˜m canine so I like to pee on trees and fire hydrants. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
Iā€™ve had Scotty for over a year and Iā€™m just as thrilled now as when I took delivery! Over 10,000 miles and my big regret was leaving him at the dealer for service the other day. The software may act up, but when you get that instant response from the acceleratorā€¦ the grin tends to make me forget that nonsense.

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I hear you loud and clear. I have the same anxiety and fear as you do, I'm retired and not mechanical. With that said I have 3000 miles on my 2022 MME GT with ZERO problems. I love this car. I'm going to keep it and enjoy it. Arrgghh, nothing to do with the MME but just got a notice our electric rate is going up 32% next month even night discount charging...

Knuckles39

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Mechanical issues big and small, software issues big and small, OTA update problems and update fixes not going so well, charging difficulties, service inadequacies etc. etc. Why did I order this car seven months ago and supposedly getting it in two or three weeks if this vehicle is a dud? Did I make a mistake? I suppose that most car forums are where people go to complain and help others with their complaints, but is there anyone out there that can tell me that I made the right decision and that this is a great car and that Iā€™m gonna be really happy with it? I truly hope that the responses to my post are loaded with positive feedback. This is an expensive investment for me and I hope I didnā€™t throw my money away on the MME. Thanks Iā€™m waiting.
Itā€™s a great car. Iā€™ve had it since December and itā€™s great. Take care of it and do t abuse it and I think youā€™ll be fine

OP
OP

Richie W.

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti QX50, Acura TLX and soon MME P RWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks to everyone here for your great replies. On Dec. 13, 2022 I ordered a MME premium RWD ER through my local Ford dealer. Ford built my car on May 23. It was shipped not long after that, and as of a week ago it was in Kansas on it's way to Southern California. The car is expected at the dealer 2nd or 3rd week of July. After reading what you all wrote I am now more excited than ever in anticipation of delivery. I'll be back to share my experiences!

OP
OP

Richie W.

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti QX50, Acura TLX and soon MME P RWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
obviously it was 2021 not 2022 when i ordered the car!

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
@Richie W. Okay, here's the deal, if you don't already have the new HVJB already installed in your car, you may get a one time situation where you have to limp your car to the dealership. If you see on the instrument panel cluster "service vehicle soon" in a box with an orange border and a wrench icon, with a red border on the top of the screen, drive directly to the closest dealer, don't shut off the car. They will install the upgraded part, and then I think you will be good to go for a very long time. Tire rotations, possible break work, and that's likely to be it for maintenance. However, they might not even be letting cars be built without the new part, but it's unclear when that changed. Don't worry about all this and enjoy the car!

billytuffnuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
Mechanical issues big and small, software issues big and small, OTA update problems and update fixes not going so well, charging difficulties, service inadequacies etc. etc. Why did I order this car seven months ago and supposedly getting it in two or three weeks if this vehicle is a dud? Did I make a mistake? I suppose that most car forums are where people go to complain and help others with their complaints, but is there anyone out there that can tell me that I made the right decision and that this is a great car and that Iā€™m gonna be really happy with it? I truly hope that the responses to my post are loaded with positive feedback. This is an expensive investment for me and I hope I didnā€™t throw my money away on the MME. Thanks Iā€™m waiting.
WHY IS YOUR TEXT SO LARGE

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
We are a little over 45 days into ownership and 2K miles.
I love the car and my wife now wonā€™t let me drive since she loves it so much.

We owned a 2019 Ford Expedition purchased new in Jan 2020. Two major recalls for that truck where cam phasers and transmission issues. We Performed both recalls because we had the transmission issues but never had ticking cam phaser issue. Doing the Recall work caused us to have the ticking and didnā€™t fix the transmission problems.
We traded it in for Mach E a few months after the recall work. We never looked back.
Ford dealers are a pain but that doesnā€™t change if you have ICE or EV. Plus every manufacturer has issues even the ā€œmightyā€ Toyota has have several dozen recalls across the brand the past couple of years.
Sponsored