Netflix & YouTube Request for Sync 4

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree. I would love to be able to watch a few YT videos at the charger. It would be better than staring at the charger screen for 45 to 60 minutes.

dgipson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Android Auto is supposedly adding games for when you're in PARK. Netflix/Youtube should hopefully be next (if the Android Auto video refresh rates can keep up).

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yeah, I'd rather Ford not try and add in apps like that directly into Sync. The more stuff like that they add in, the more overall performance can be affected.

Just allow Carplay/Android Auto to play video when the car is in park and that would make me happy.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I've brought this up before and people always reply with exactly what he says. Just use your phone, etc. I have a large OnePlus 7 Pro and sorry but it's still way too small to watch videos. I also don't want to have to physically hold up a phone or ipad for 40 minutes to try and watch something. So many reasons to not have to use your phone, etc., To do entertainment while charging.

Now if android auto integrates that, then that's fine since yeah you use the car screen and lean back and chill.

65coupe&21mache

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 c-code Mustang; 21 Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Check out this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/why-i-bought-the-carplay-ai-box.6676/

Bottom line is that the device works "mostly okay" for many Android apps but video streaming is probably a strength. I have to tether it to my phone for data, of course.

I had the kids in the car for a trip recently and spent 30 minutes at my work's fast charger and streamed Disney Plus for them. Definitely was happy to have it then.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Check out this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/why-i-bought-the-carplay-ai-box.6676/

Bottom line is that the device works "mostly okay" for many Android apps but video streaming is probably a strength. I have to tether it to my phone for data, of course.

I had the kids in the car for a trip recently and spent 30 minutes at my work's fast charger and streamed Disney Plus for them. Definitely was happy to have it then.
Yeah but the problem is 1) you have to pay extra for it 2) it takes the place of your phone so making calls through the system is an issue and 3) you have to pair it to your phone anyway for internet. It's just more steps for everything you want to do instead of getting in the car and automatically having android auto pull up.

Maybe good for the time being, to me I'd rather just use my phone that's already integrated on a day to day basis. To me now we're adding a fifth wheel to a four wheel car, it's just getting more convoluted with adding devices.

Last edited:

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
As a feature to compete with Tesla as a "smart" car, you will need them. The big screen seems to be a big waste for just showing those static informations. Getting boring quickly.

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Android Auto is supposedly adding games for when you're in PARK. Netflix/Youtube should hopefully be next (if the Android Auto video refresh rates can keep up).
Has this happened yet?

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Nope, insult to injury someone found it YouTube works fine through the browser from a link embedded in SiriusXM's privacy page. They've hidden the web browser ability.

One thing that wouldn't work currently is Netflix due to the lack of any Widevine DRM in this Chromium build.

If Ford was smart they'd bundle and sell this with the embedded AT&T modem for use while charging or just enable a web browser during park while tethered.

They seem to not care as much as the Mach-E as the F150 when it comes to additional software features, so hopefully once F150 gets features like the whole Sentry type-mode for cameras at a monthly cost, it'll flow to Mach-E owners as well - same OS.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Just allow Carplay/Android Auto to play video when the car is in park and that would make me happy.
That would mean Apple would have to allow it and that’s even less likely. My husband is an iOS dev and I wanted him to make me a time circuits CarPlay app and even in development Apple is extremely restrictive. They have to give you permission to even write a CarPlay app.

Google on the other hand might allow it some day.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Has this happened yet?
Go on Amazon....get the new Android box ($300)....4 GB, add any app you want and watch while in motion if you want (I don't recommend it) but be mindful while on the road.
Sponsored