Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
3/11/22 ordered, converted on day Ford sent out email to contact dealer. No build date. Was told it is priority 01 last week. Still stings when I see new orders placed after 2023 orders opened up that already have a build date. Oh well. We will see, hopefully soon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Apology Email 3E6E7C7F-D2B5-4944-AA3F-AE75F45CE47C
Sponsored

lahyde

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Haha I got a production date for Nov 21 but just got the same email.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
3/11/22 ordered, converted on day Ford sent out email to contact dealer. No build date. Was told it is priority 01 last week. Still stings when I see new orders placed after 2023 orders opened up that already have a build date. Oh well. We will see, hopefully soon.

3E6E7C7F-D2B5-4944-AA3F-AE75F45CE47C.jpeg
Too funny as I just got one just like it, problem is it's for an order I cancelled back in March. Talk about Ford being behind the 8 ball! šŸ˜‚

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Communication is not Fordā€™s strong suit. I got notification of a price increase 2 months after I bought my MME.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Received the email and my 10/31 build date is now pushed out a week

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Too funny as I just got one just like it, problem is it's for an order I cancelled back in March. Talk about Ford being behind the 8 ball! šŸ˜‚
Thereā€™s a good possibility that the order was not, in fact, cancelled. The dealer may be keeping the order to sell it with adm upon arrival. Not terribly uncommon.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Could be worse - a friend of mine has been waiting almost a year for his Audi eTron A4. Last week he got an email from Audi telling him they were cancelling his order, as they "will be unable to fulfill it". Then proceeded to invite him to choose something else, or place another order for 2024!

He was luckily able to snag a cancellation a week later, but wow...

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
Communication is not Fordā€™s strong suit. I got notification of a price increase 2 months after I bought my MME.
I am pretty sure its just going out to anyone who bought a MME on some regular interval to make it look like they are trying to communicate. To me the biggest improvement would be a clear queue system, and a greatly improved tracking system.

I literally have the chat reps tell me to use the order tracker which tells me basically nothing

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thereā€™s a good possibility that the order was not, in fact, cancelled. The dealer may be keeping the order to sell it with adm upon arrival. Not terribly uncommon.
While some do this since it was done online it does indeed show as cancelled.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
While some do this since it was done online it does indeed show as cancelled.
Excellent. I was going to add in that "Unless you had ..." but figured why bother. Glad you reduced the opportunity for gouging. :)

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excellent. I was going to add in that "Unless you had ..." but figured why bother. Glad you reduced the opportunity for gouging. :)
Pretty funny that Ford keeps sending me emails on an order cancelled 6 months ago! šŸ˜‚
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Apology Email B5666511-2DC8-40B4-AF52-AA1370C49B58
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Apology Email 6D6A122E-6B98-44CC-A341-7E6C6242F304

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We ordered our Mach E in May of 2021, got it in January of 2022. Not once, during that period did we EVER get any communication from Ford about the order delays, even though I called Ford Detroit, and my dealer, several times. These current examples of communications is just another indication of how screwed up Ford is when it comes to customer service communications. However, during the 7 months of waiting for the car to be delivered, I did receive lots of marketing/sales emails exclaiming how much I would love the car and offers to buy something else, etc. etc. I was able to find out more about the order delays from industry News media than Ford. It was not a good buying experience.

The good news is, we have the car, it works great, after 8K miles, no problems, but I am worried about the contactor recall and the Ford resolution of a software fix. I am not convinced a software update will do anything other than delay an inevitable failure. I think the software update was a tactic to satisfy the NTSB, not the customer. I am concerned Mach E has a system design problems and Ford has not yet totally come up with a resolution.

Puting undersized contactors in the battery pack was a foolish design error. The design of the entire contactor area is very compact and if larger, heavy duty components are needed, for permanent problem resolution, there is no room. Therefore an ultimate fix may involve a major redesign, and that could be very expensive. If there is a redesign, the contactors should be outside of the battery pack, some place easily accessible for maintenance. Every high voltage contactor/relay I have ever seen requires maintenance and eventual replacement. To bury it in the battery pack, just makes repairs/maintenance difficult and expensive. I am not sure what it would cost to replace both contactors but if you have to drop the battery pack, then replace both contactors, I would estimate the cost is well over $2,000.

Time will tell.
Sponsored