New FordPass app? Not sure how I feel.

Pells11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium; 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat
Country flag
yep, i use and very much appreciate this widget. my main ask of fordpass devs (short of publishing the public API and officially opening to third party developers) is to add a simple, accessible function to open the frunk and trunk when i arrive at my car. they're adding watchOS/wearOS functions to do a function that could be done simply in the app as well.

the current dance of arriving near the car, unlocking the phone, opening the app, waiting for the app to finish arranging icons/buttons on the screen, and finally you get to press&hold the app button only to have it move yet again from under your finger/thumb and be told to "press & hold" again... is... fun. 🙄
You probably know this but put your door password in and then hit 7/8 and the frunk will pop. Its just so much faster. Honestly there is nothing quicker than using a regular key and old tech.
Sponsored

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
You probably know this but put your door password in and then hit 7/8 and the frunk will pop. Its just so much faster. Honestly there is nothing quicker than using a regular key and old tech.
thanks - yes, i'm aware but still holding out hope new tech can actually be useful; having functions available but not useful is annoying.

dah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 SR AWD
Country flag
Cool. I can figure out the current UTC offset. (I charge at midnight.)

(I'm not dragging on you. I'm hoping some of the current team are following along.)

1711686175962-yy.png
Does the app itself show 7am or is it just showing the wrong offsets on the watch?

This field specifically has always been confusing and has issues because it actually comes through in whatever time Sync is set to, not UTC and then converted to the phone/watch timezone. If you change your time on Sync or if Sync at any point loses its "Automatic" timezone, you get weird/wrong results.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I wouldn’t recommend using any non Ford endorsed 3rd party software. It’s a sure fire way for account ban and headaches.
Scared me into uninstalling it again! I was mainly using it to monitor my LVB SoC to make sure I get OTA updates smoothly. I've instead created a link on my phone homescreen to the Ford account dashboard (which shows LVB SoC). I think that will suffice. Thanks for the warning.

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Does the app itself show 7am or is it just showing the wrong offsets on the watch?

This field specifically has always been confusing and has issues because it actually comes through in whatever time Sync is set to, not UTC and then converted to the phone/watch timezone. If you change your time on Sync or if Sync at any point loses its "Automatic" timezone, you get weird/wrong results.
The app showed midnight.

I can look in the vehicle to see if it lost timezone awareness.

Edit: The vehicle has the correct time and timezone.

Last edited:

Rohan

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
Cool. I can figure out the current UTC offset. (I charge at midnight.)

(I'm not dragging on you. I'm hoping some of the current team are following along.)

1711686175962-yy.png
Is this on Watch OS or Wear OS?

lmcmahon

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Got a try FordPass 5 button in the app. I like that the language is more EV centric but I hate that they buried the frunk button in a menu… again. The fan button turns on climate control.

IMG_0652.png

IMG_0653.png

IMG_0654.png
The new FordPass 5 looks nice but has lost functionality. Where is the remote start button? When I tried the Start button, next to the charge it restarted a charging session on my home charger and started charging pst the 90% limit I had set? Placing the trunk and frunk buttons on a second screen that needs to be opened makes those frequently used buttons less accessible (especially when one I walking through a parking los to load items into the car). The aesthetics are nice but not at the expense of the loss of functionality.

OP
OP

Ljrochon

First Name
Laurier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium Extended Range
Occupation
Apple Genius
Country flag
The new FordPass 5 looks nice but has lost functionality. Where is the remote start button? When I tried the Start button, next to the charge it restarted a charging session on my home charger and started charging pst the 90% limit I had set? Placing the trunk and frunk buttons on a second screen that needs to be opened makes those frequently used buttons less accessible (especially when one I walking through a parking los to load items into the car). The aesthetics are nice but not at the expense of the loss of functionality.
As stated in the post you quoted the fan button turns on the hvac. There is no engin to remote start. Therefore an hvac button makes far more sense than a start button.

Also because you don’t have to hold the buttons anymore it’s actually faster to pop the frunk with two presses than it was with the press and hold.

mayur20056

First Name
Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Sales Manager
Was anyone able to download the .apk files for fordpass 5 for Android phones?

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Was anyone able to download the .apk files for fordpass 5 for Android phones?
Can't find any Ford Pass 5 on Goggle Play store. Nothing mentioned on my current Ford Pass 4.34.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Ford pass beta just arrived for my smartphone.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
among other things, I hate the fact there is a forced pass code use now for the apple watch ford app. Who wants to constantly fiddle with pass codes on your wrist.
Sponsored