johnnycombo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The main problem is the range meter, fondly called by EV owner of all models as the GOM (guess O meter). Just drive and enjoy you'll get used to it.
If you haven't already make sure you apply for you Tesla adapter, you can find out how on this forum!

OP
OP

BetterDavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Route 1
The main problem is the range meter, fondly called by EV owner of all models as the GOM (guess O meter). Just drive and enjoy you'll get used to it.
If you haven't already make sure you apply for you Tesla adapter, you can find out how on this forum!
I don’t look at the range meter at all. I purely focus on the actual battery percentage and now the kw/h stuff. We’re going to take it out for a trip soon that’s a 100 miles each way and I’m hoping that it won’t require any charging :)

Marv Hound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
I don’t look at the range meter at all. I purely focus on the actual battery percentage and now the kw/h stuff. We’re going to take it out for a trip soon that’s a 100 miles each way and I’m hoping that it won’t require any charging :)
Sounds like you have a good approach figured out! That is what I do, too, percentage and mi/kWh. Also learn ho to use the built in charge assist app and also get familiar with apps like plug share. This will help your road trip and comfort levels with it.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is where knowing conditions and how your car performs will give you a good idea. If you see that you are getting around 3 mi/kWh and you charge to 100% prior to your trip (and even precondition) then 200 mile RT is doable. However, I would certainly double check availability of chargers along route as wind could affect things as well as a temp drop.

OP
OP

BetterDavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Route 1
I’ll definitely make sure to map out chargers along the way, just in case. I’ll report my findings to this thread to add to the data pool!

Side note: Adding the rubber mats was a great upgrade. I used the coupon that came with the car to grab them at a discount from the ford store.

Machinator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach -e sekect
Country flag
I have a 2023 also. I took advice from this site, just charge to 80% every night if you can and don't worry about it. Your range anxiety will lessen.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Im a new 2023 Mach E Route 1 owner, and I’m a bit surprised by my battery performance. I just got it 2 weeks ago (brand new) and am seeing like a 7 percent drop (from 80 to 73%) from driving 13 miles… It’s like 60 degrees outside in California with minimal traffic. I’m trying to keep to 65mph and following all of the tips that I can find.

This range is terrible right?

I’m using unbridled, and I haven’t done the whole trip reset yet. Will it really make that much of a difference… I love this car, other than this!
I took a screenshot of my trip screen today. Does this look normal for driving 65 miles an hour? I’ve got about 1000 miles on the car air conditioner Set it around 72 automatic, cruise control.

IMG_7507.jpeg

IMG_7506.jpeg

johnnycombo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I took a screenshot of my trip screen today. Does this look normal for driving 65 miles an hour? I’ve got about 1000 miles on the car air conditioner Set it around 72 automatic, cruise control.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Mach E Owner - Battery Woes :( IMG_7506

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Mach E Owner - Battery Woes :( IMG_7506
3 miles per kilowatt is real good, mine is usually 2 to 2.5.

Also did you know that you can set the screen to dark instead of bright white?​

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Thank you if sending it to dark helps I just had it set on automatic. I was noticing my Waze map was kind of dark and I said oh maybe my phone is down in that charger well, but then I realized I had it on dark I like dark too, I’ll probably change it. Thanks.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I accidentally reset one of the trips, but both trip one and trip two were the exact hours the exact same miles but the kilowatts were three and one was 2.5. I don’t know why it was different like that being the same.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I’ll definitely make sure to map out chargers along the way, just in case. I’ll report my findings to this thread to add to the data pool!

Side note: Adding the rubber mats was a great upgrade. I used the coupon that came with the car to grab them at a discount from the ford store.
the rubber mats definitely an improvement, my 21 had carpets, the rubber weathertech type mats in my 23 make life much easier.

luckie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD
Occupation
Professor
Country flag
Normal for driving 65mph at what outside temperature (80F?) and are we talking smooth flat dry roads and on cruise control?

Rule of thumb: If you drive like a grandma around town at 25mph in the warm summer (80F) your range will be 100 miles higher than the EPA estimate, if you drive like a NASCAR driver at 80mph in the cold winter temperatures (25F) your range will be 100 miles less than the EPA range estimate.
Sponsored