Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My biggest take on PowerUp v.3.5.4.2 is the re-introduction of the "SAVED PLACE" tap after you click on "WHERE TO?" in the Nav. All the places which I had saved after clicking on the "Star" icon has magically re-appeared under "SAVED PLACE". On previous versions it was buried and you had to go back and forth to get the "SAVED PLACE' tab. I use a lot of the Nav since I can send it to the car under "Trip Planner"'s new trip plan, and after navigating if it is worthwhile saving then I can save under "SAVED PLACE"... not bad at all.
I use a ton of nav as well. Do you find the "Recent" choice useful? I use that one all the time and it has reduced the need for me to safe too many places. I still do it, just not as often as I used to in my previous vehicle.
Sponsored

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I have had this for a good amount of time now... it 100% fixed my CarPlay issue, not sure how... but it did. I know longer get in and it randomly doesn't connect (which was almost all the time). I did nothing different after this OTA, it just made it start working.

One odd thing though, is now it randomly allows Bluetooth AND CarPlay to have an active connection with my phone. Which is really annoying as I get double chimes for texts, phone calls, etc. It has only happened twice, but really crazy.

@Mach-Lee is that even possible being only a TCU update?
that’s actually totally awesome!! I use CP on my personal phone. But I have a work phone. It was annoying couldn’t do cp and bt…. My old Infiniti had the same issue though…CarPlay killed Bluetooth

OP
OP
Neil4Real

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
that’s actually totally awesome!! I use CP on my personal phone. But I have a work phone. It was annoying couldn’t do cp and bt…. My old Infiniti had the same issue though…CarPlay killed Bluetooth
I'd wager I'm running into a bug. I don't think anyone else has been able to get Bluetooth to stay active with CarPlay going, but maybe they have and haven't reported it. I'm trying to recall and think I may have heard someone saying the dual phone does let you have both active, but only the CarPlay device gets alerts or something like that.

Hopefully when you get the update you let us know!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I cannot change my profile anymore since I got 3.5.4.2
If you max out the number of profiles (3) by creating some dummy ones, your profiles will go back to normal. It’s a bug that seems to be popping up more now, but it’s been around for a while and apparently they still haven’t fixed.

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
If you max out the number of profiles (3) by creating some dummy ones, your profiles will go back to normal. It’s a bug that seems to be popping up more now, but it’s been around for a while and apparently they still haven’t fixed.
I guess more stuff to make a video about then.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I have had this for a good amount of time now... it 100% fixed my CarPlay issue, not sure how... but it did. I know longer get in and it randomly doesn't connect (which was almost all the time). I did nothing different after this OTA, it just made it start working.
This update can't come to 2022's soon enough. The CarPlay unreliability is driving me crazy...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This update can't come to 2022's soon enough. The CarPlay unreliability is driving me crazy...
Such irony....
CarPlay works great in my car. The family loves it.

I have an Android...
:(

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
If by "time capsule" do you mean when stuff worked in my car? If so, then sign me up. :)

I look fondly back to the days when preferred off center lane tracking was a functional part of Lane Centering. Also miss the days when my front camera and pre-collision assist feature was reliable. Driver Profiles was a great feature to have. Also was pretty cool when I was able to choose a mobile phone and make it the favorite so it would always have priority over any other previously paired phone. That last one I REALLY miss.

Remember when we could edit charge and departure times in FordPass and then sync it with the car? That was pretty cool.

One of the more meaningless improvements is now I have to wait for my lift gate to fully close before it will let any of the passenger doors unlock. Why did Ford make that change? Were there people asking for that feature?
wow you might want to see if you can get some updates... to fix the updates... o_O

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I have been surprised that our '22 hasn't received any updates, at least none that stuck around. 3.5.2 tried to install on September 21st but failed because the vehicle entered transport mode, then it tried again on the 22nd but failed because the vehicle left transport mode. Then it tried on the 23rd and failed because " ManifestCurrentAssemblyDoesNotMatchWithFromAssemblyInManifest ".

I suspect the car already has 3.5.2 and that's why it failed, but it hasn't received anything since. My F-150 got an OTA October 7th.

Not the end of the world, it's a recent build and I imagine they are trying to get some 2021 and earlier '22 owners caught up. But was really hoping that it wouldn't still be that way with these deployments. It feels like the system should have been designed to allow almost every Mach-E to get the newest updates within a week of availability. There being months of difference in deployment times is just not fun. It's just a lottery basically.

With my F-150 which was a Job 1 2021, I didn't get the OTA to activate Blue Cruise until June. Other 2021 owners, even those that got there truck within a week or two of me, had their BC update a couple months earlier. And others I think are still waiting. It just has no obvious logical sense to it.
Ford & Logic in the same sentence?!?!? You crack me up. Seriously, there isn't even a ouji board driving a lot of this stuff. The only way to manage this is to do your own module updates, but even that has limitations. It's as if we are waiting for answers from the Great Oracle.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Beat me to it! I was going to say this is the prep for the massive remote frunk release update! 😀😀🙄
I’ve heard they are adding the remote frunk in the February 31st update.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I had a sandwich for lunch when I charged in Wawa last month.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Power-Up - 3.5.4.2 WawaGoose
Wow! A reference to Wawa. I am amused that they now tend to have the more expensive gas in my area.

Dadams

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E GT-SOLD, 22 Sorento PHEV, 23 MachE GT RR
Country flag
Last edited: