silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've been looking forward to this! I think it was on one of @Mach-E VLOG videos that I saw the new animation and it's cool to see that it's coming our way.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I donā€™t believe thereā€™s such a thing as a ā€œjob 1 GTā€. Pretty sure GTs didnā€™t appear until Job 2.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I donā€™t believe thereā€™s such a thing as a ā€œjob 1 GTā€. Pretty sure GTs didnā€™t appear until Job 2.
That is correct.

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but my Mach E GT received the Alexa update and Iā€™ve noticed a new startup animation that shows the GT instead of the Select grille with slots in it.
Maybe this has always been there?? But I donā€™t think so.

You are correct that the startup video has changed! It is nice indeed that the grill now matches for my GT-PE. I also like that the yellow-gold spark goes well with my Cyber Orange livery!

Do the non-GTs keep the non-GT grill in their startup animations though?

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is it not hilarious that we get so excited here about new startup animations in our updates while Tesla owners get dancing light sequences, new video games, and improved autonomous driving? šŸ˜‚

8Urchvy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE - Carbonized Grey
Country flag
YES! This should have been this way from the beginning!!! We also should have options on the start up animation.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Is it not hilarious that we get so excited here about new startup animations in our updates while Tesla owners get dancing light sequences, new video games, and improved autonomous driving? šŸ˜‚
Eh. I have no interest in dancing lights, nor car video games.

And Tesla does not offer any autonomous driving.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
šŸ˜‚ The only thing that I want that tesla has is their charging network and their lack of a 5 second throttle limit. However the tesla advantages cant make up for the tesla ugly.
šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®

Ford wins

Last edited:

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please define ā€œautonomous drivingā€
(Iā€™m going to duck out for some popcorn ā€¦ this will be entertaining)
Ok, ok, okā€¦ I was loose with my terminology! Nobody has true autonomous driving, and yes Tesla plays fast and loose with its marketing of its ā€œFSDā€ too.

My original comment was not meant to bash my car, or even to express envy for features of another car. My comment was just expressing I found it funny that, as an owner of the Mach-E over the past year, Iā€™ve been conditioned to expect so little of the software updates that even the change in startup animation gets me excited.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ok, ok, okā€¦ I was loose with my terminology! Nobody has true autonomous driving, and yes Tesla plays fast and loose with its marketing of its ā€œFSDā€ too.

My original comment was not meant to bash my car, or even to express envy for features of another car. My comment was just expressing I found it funny that, as an owner of the Mach-E over the past year, Iā€™ve been conditioned to expect so little of the software updates that even the change in startup animation gets me excited.
All good! Iā€™ve caught myself making overgenralizations more times than I can count šŸ™‚
And wait until you see my happy dance on the day the remote frunk release finally arrives! Iā€™m sure the Ford Engineer who develops that code will win the Henry Ford Engineer of the Year award (or whatever they call it at Ford) for developing something that is apparently SO intricate that, over 2 years on, it has not been released yet šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Pack it up boys, someone mentioned T*sla on a forum thread. Beyond here be arguments.
It is true there are a lot of Tesla haters here, but I admire what Musk built. They were pioneers.

Now I fear they may be outmatched by companies so much bigger than them, not in market capitalization, but in capacity and capabilities. It would be a shame to see them overcome by the legacy car companies. I hope that doesn't happen. Just like I am rooting for Lucid and Rivian, I am rooting for Tesla to succeed.
Sponsored