First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GTPE
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E New to me Mach e GTPE with aftermarket rims IMG_1110
Hi just purchased a 2022 and it had aftermarket rims on it. Variant Radon rims in bronze which I love. Question is these are staggered so wondering if the size is going to throw off my speedometer compared to OEM.

rears are 295/40 zr20
Fronts are 255/45 zr20

I was also looking at ground clearance and I swear this thing seems lifted but could be the extra rubber.
8” + from front lip to the ground

8” side skirt to the ground

9.5” side skirt right in front of the rear tire
Sponsored

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Some people are so dumb. Sorry you have to deal with this shit. I’d add that if I were you, I’d check the load rating on the wheels and ensure they meet OEM specs.

OP
OP
Chadetroit

Chadetroit

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GTPE
Country flag

HayaCruza

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Too answer your question, yes Speedo should read about 2% low.
Back tires are about .6” taller.
So rides 0.3” higher and fills the wheel wells more.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
IMG_1110.jpeg
Hi just purchased a 2022 and it had aftermarket rims on it. Variant Radon rims in bronze which I love. Question is these are staggered so wondering if the size is going to throw off my speedometer compared to OEM.

rears are 295/40 zr20
Fronts are 255/45 zr20

I was also looking at ground clearance and I swear this thing seems lifted but could be the extra rubber.
8” + from front lip to the ground

8” side skirt to the ground

9.5” side skirt right in front of the rear tire
Hey Chad, welcome to the forum!

I've run that size staggered setup (and larger) for almost three years. They will not "throw off" your speedometer. The speedo in most Mach-E's I've dealt with runs 1-2 mph fast and the tire sizes you are running will bring it back down at the most about 1 mph so you should be just fine. You can easily check it with your phone/GPS.

Your ground clearance does seem a bit higher than it should be. I doubt it's the tires though as the fronts are only about 1/4" taller and the rears about 1/2" taller than the OEM tires. I cannot compare your clearance with mine as I have lowered my car.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Chadetroit

Chadetroit

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GTPE
Country flag
Appreciate that info. I’m going to remeasure on flat ground tomorrow. I’m parked in my drive which has an uphill grade. Should t matter but want to erase that parameter.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also, both your wheels and tire sizes exceed the minimum OEM load rating so you are all good to go there. You can run a lower tire pressure and still maintain the OEM load rating. Your fronts can be at 37 and rears at 31. This will give you a little softer ride but will add to the rolling resistance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chadetroit

Chadetroit

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GTPE
Country flag
Also, both your wheels and tire sizes exceed the minimum OEM load rating so you are all good to go there. You can run a lower tire pressure and still maintain the OEM load rating. Your fronts can be at 37 and rears at 31. This will give you a little softer ride but will add to the rolling resistance.
Really?! That would be great my tire pressure light was on when I drove home from the dealer all tires were between 29-30. I filled them all to 39 but perhaps that is too much in the rears? What’s the reasoning the rears can be run so low compared to OEM specs?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Really?! That would be great my tire pressure light was on when I drove home from the dealer all tires were between 29-30. I filled them all to 39 but perhaps that is too much in the rears? What’s the reasoning the rears can be run so low compared to OEM specs?
Yes, as I said, you can run 37 front, 31 rear with no issues. You will need to use FORScan to reset the TPMS's maximum tire pressure from 39 to whatever the proper maximum pressure is recommended for the Mach-E's weight capacity based on your tire's load rating which in your case is 37F, 31R so you won't trigger the low tire pressure warning light.

The OEM tires have a load rating of 103 and your fronts have a load rating of 105, rears are 110. This is why you can run a lower pressure in both tires compared to the OEM's.

A tire with a load rating of 103 can handle 1817 lbs at 39 psi. To get a tire with a load rating of 105 to handle that weight, you can run it at 37 psi. A tire with a load rating of 110 can be run at 31 psi to handle that weight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chadetroit

Chadetroit

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GTPE
Country flag
Yes, as I said, you can run 37 front, 31 rear with no issues. You will need to use FORScan to reset the TPMS's maximum tire pressure from 39 to whatever the proper maximum pressure is recommended for the Mach-E's weight capacity based on your tire's load rating which in your case is 37F, 31R so you won't trigger the low tire pressure warning light.

The OEM tires have a load rating of 103 and your fronts have a load rating of 105, rears are 110. This is why you can run a lower pressure in both tires compared to the OEM's.

A tire with a load rating of 103 can handle 1817 lbs at 39 psi. To get a tire with a load rating of 105 to handle that weight, you can run it at 37 psi. A tire with a load rating of 110 can be run at 31 psi to handle that weight.
Again appreciate the info guess I’ll need an obd link Mx+ to add to the list, good to to have in The garage anyway

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag