Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I had the discussed OTA fail and wonder if it’s because I’m in a dead zone with no cell phone or WiFi signal.

Anyone know if the OTA’s are delivered by satellite?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I had the discussed OTA fail and wonder if it’s because I’m in a dead zone with no cell phone or WiFi signal.

They are not.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag

...wait...you're being serious aren't you?

Well they come via AT&T cell service here in the US through your car's TCU. You need at least three bars of coverage according to documentation.

Peyole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Dark Matter Gray Mach-E
Country flag
I received the update as well today (2022 Premium) but I was curious if there was a way to know if 4.2.6 was "bundled" or included along with this. I got 4.2.5 a month ago (May 3), but as the system only shows the latest installed update I don't think I would be able to see unless there was an outward version number change. I do have my 10k service tomorrow but the dealership is run by luddites so crossing my fingers they understand the printout I made from Mike G's FRDS he ran for me on Monday, which by the way many thanks as I see you are the previous post. I doubt any of these you listed will be affected by the one that installed today.
Ford Mustang Mach-E NEW UPDATE ALERT!!! Ford Power-Up: Improved DC Fast Charging Module Updates

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
...wait...you're being serious aren't you?

Well they come via AT&T cell service here in the US through your car's TCU. You need at least three bars of coverage according to documentation.
You answered my question. I’m in the Poconos this week and I have 0 bars where I’m at. I’ll execute the update when I return to a service area later today.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You need at least three bars of coverage according to documentation.
1 bar where I’m at and never had an issue with updates, even when the car hasn’t left this cellular desert. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
You answered my question. I’m in the Poconos this week and I have 0 bars where I’m at. I’ll execute the update when I return to a service area later today.
I believe if you get the alert to start the update, then it’s already been downloaded to the car

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I believe if you get the alert to start the update, then it’s already been downloaded to the car
My alert said it was scheduled for 12:00am tonight and asked if I wanted to update now. In my dead zone it wouldn’t update.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My alert said it was scheduled for 12:00am tonight and asked if I wanted to update now. In my dead zone it wouldn’t update.
Interesting, it has to have some sort of connection to even know you have an update available. I guess it needs that connection to know if it finished successfully even though the download is already on your car.

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
Received this today (7 June); non-EA. Waiting to update 4.x poll until after I get 4.2.6.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Do you have your update schedule set to midnight? That’s the one time of day that Ford says not to use.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Do you have your update schedule set to midnight? That’s the one time of day that Ford says not to use.
12:01 am. I always mis-speak. Midnight is am.

Last edited:

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
But the alert said it was scheduled for 12:00am? That shouldn’t happen since you have it set for just after noon. Weird.
It’s set for 12:01 am. I mis-spoke. All my other OTA’s updated fine.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Here's how to do that:
Before leaving for your drive, get in and push the start button without putting your foot on the brake. This puts you in accessory mode. Then flash the high beams 5 times, and then tap the brake pedal 3 times and look for the battery symbol on the instrument panel to cycle about 3 times. After it does, press the start button again to shut the car off. Then start the car as normal and drive off and your 12V battery will get topped off properly.

Thanks for this. There is now another update that came in right behind it and it will not activate either. I am thinking there is more problems then the battery not being topped off.

This is the first time we have ever had problems with OTA updates.

A new error code as well:

"errorCode":"CooldownFailed(8)"

Ford Mustang Mach-E NEW UPDATE ALERT!!! Ford Power-Up: Improved DC Fast Charging update failed 3.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E NEW UPDATE ALERT!!! Ford Power-Up: Improved DC Fast Charging update failed 2.JPG