Newly placed 2021 Select Orders

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
I’ve already signed up for MCA! But I had no idea there were dealers honoring X-plan on existing inventory. I’ve spoken to 3 dealers and all of them suggested that they only offer X-plan on orders.
Hmm, ya it looks like lot vehicles have an exception - " Vehicles may be ordered from production or, if the dealer agrees, may be selected from the inventory of the dealership "

In that case, I would try Option 1 or just call around. There's a list of no-ADM dealers on the forum and I had called around and found some around me that were steadfast against ADMs but they didn't have what I wanted.
Sponsored

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
That list isn’t always right. For example, it says damerow Ford in Beaverton, Oregon doesn’t charge adm but they wanted to charge me adm on an order and told me they had the clout to get it faster than anyone else but wouldn’t show me an order with a priority code at all, much less one under 10.

Edit: forgot to add that I refused to order there and went with a place that doesn’t charge adm. Placed the order September 5th, priority 19, settled in for my long wait, and then got notified today that my car is scheduled to be built the week of 11/8. So, damerow is full of it.

Last edited:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
For whatever reason, I do see tons more select when I search Inventory. Anyone know why? Just more Selects ordered by people who cancel?
I think a lot of dealers order them for stock as they can be delivered quicker.

OP
OP

harshitpassi

First Name
Harshit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Select RWD w/ Comfort/Tech Package
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hmm, ya it looks like lot vehicles have an exception - " Vehicles may be ordered from production or, if the dealer agrees, may be selected from the inventory of the dealership "

In that case, I would try Option 1 or just call around. There's a list of no-ADM dealers on the forum and I had called around and found some around me that were steadfast against ADMs but they didn't have what I wanted.
I’d pretty much given up on dealer hunting completely, but this thread has given me hope :p I’m also getting tempted to find a California Route 1 instead of a Select, so fingers crossed!

OP
OP

harshitpassi

First Name
Harshit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That list isn’t always right. For example, it says damerow Ford in Beaverton, Oregon doesn’t charge adm but they wanted to charge me adm on an order and told me they had the clout to get it faster than anyone else but wouldn’t show me an order with a priority code at all, much less one under 10.

Edit: forgot to add that I refused to order there and went with a place that doesn’t charge adm. Placed the order September 5th, priority 19, settled in for my long wait, and then got notified today that my car is scheduled to be built the week of 11/8. So, damerow is full of it.
Damn! That’s a pretty quick turnaround. Hope I get as lucky. Though I’m in the process of convincing my dealer to change my order to a CR1, so it might end up taking a while.

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Good luck! I am not even going to try to speculate on what makes some orders faster than others at this point.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Damn! That’s a pretty quick turnaround. Hope I get as lucky. Though I’m in the process of convincing my dealer to change my order to a CR1, so it might end up taking a while.
As long as the order isn't marked "in production" they can change it (although they may not want to). I had originally reserved a Select but switched to a CR1 when Ford dropped prices in Sept 2020. It took the guy 2 minutes in the ordering system. However, once the order goes to the "in production" state all changes are locked out.

*** EDIT ***
Never mind - according to this post, all 2021 orders are now "frozen" and can't be changed:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...september-27th-whos-ordering.9441/post-247262

Your best bet at this point is to cancel/abandon the order and place a new order for a '22 CR1 or to look for a '21 on a dealer's lot

Last edited:

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That's really fast, what did you order again?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Explain to me priority. the higher the better or reverse? If 19 is great how did you get it and amazed that build week is November when so many others are waiting

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Explain to me priority. the higher the better or reverse? If 19 is great how did you get it and amazed that build week is November when so many others are waiting
My understanding is that it’s like golf and the lower the better. 10-19 is retail orders, so I believed I would have the lowest priority retail order and thus be waiting at least the predicted 28+ weeks. Instead, my build week is scheduled 2 months from my order for no reason that I can see.

I’m happy for it but I’m not going near the grumpy thread because there are people who have been waiting months longer who have nothing.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My understanding is that it’s like golf and the lower the better. 10-19 is retail orders, so I believed I would have the lowest priority retail order and thus be waiting at least the predicted 28+ weeks. Instead, my build week is scheduled 2 months from my order for no reason that I can see.

I’m happy for it but I’m not going near the grumpy thread because there are people who have been waiting months longer who have nothing.
You might not get out of their meeting alive , my priority number is 10 and order placed two weeks ago. Not expecting to hear until next year For a Premium, 4 wheel drive, extended battery

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
10 is the lowest a dealer can put your order at. The lower the number the better example if you are 3-2 generally it’s slated for production soon

OP
OP

harshitpassi

First Name
Harshit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
An update: I was able to get my order changed to a CR1! Though I'm not able to find my priority number. Where can I see it on the dashboard?

Kistra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-> buyback and Mach E Select
Country flag
I placed an order for a Select on 9/13. Yesterday I got a call from my dealer that Ford is not scheduling any more 2021 builds. They said that I would get a call from Ford about changing my order to a 2022 but they had no information at all about what differences there are between 2021 and 2022 or how this would affect wait times and when my MME would be scheduled to be built... All in all a useless phone call. I also couldn't get through to anyone in Ford customer service yesterday to try to get an answer.
Sponsored