AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Is the Premium model no longer available? Looking at https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/build-and-price.html#/model today (Feb 25, 2022), it only shows Select and GT. Is this a temporary (supply chain?) issue, or a permanent change? Is there another way to order it? After much debate, I had concluded that Premium was the model for me, and was surprised to see it not listed when I went to double check the exact price.

Ford Mustang Mach-E No more Premium? 1645819591158
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Probably another website bug. You can't order them anyways right now as far as I'm aware. They closed orders earlier this month.

Hazmat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
The last time this happened was when they swaped from '21 to '22, my guess is you cant really place an order now and it will just error until they finish setting up for '23

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
It had been reported that Premium and CA1 were going to soon be no longer available for new 2022 orders. Appears that finally happened today.
Yeah I read that it was supposed to be 2/11 guess it's today?

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I think Ford had indicated they would be closing orders here soon. I did not realize it was only going to be for certain models. If you look at the F150 Lightning they do the same thing. It makes sense to me. If you know you already have a lot more orders than you can possibly produce, why would you want to keep adding more people to the que only to disappoint them later.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is the Premium model no longer available? Looking at https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/build-and-price.html#/model today (Feb 25, 2022), it only shows Select and GT. Is this a temporary (supply chain?) issue, or a permanent change? Is there another way to order it? After much debate, I had concluded that Premium was the model for me, and was surprised to see it not listed when I went to double check the exact price.
There’s been talk on the forum about closing the order books for some trims for a while now. I guess you debated just a little too long. Your best bet at this point is to try to find a cancelled order.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
This was covered extensively in another thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/retail-orders-stopping-feb-11th.14130/page-9

If you still want to put in an order for this model year did you consider Select + Comfort/Tech Package? I believe the main differences are that the Select + Comfort/Tech has
-No glass roof
-Smaller wheels
-No premium sound system
-No upgraded projector headlights
-No option for an extended range battery-- at least now-- I can't remember if it was an option before.
-Light space grey seat option (thanks @OrchidMania )

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Premium had slightly less range than a Select (w/ same battery/powertrain) since it has bigger wheels, but now I'm not so sure... so maybe I made that up.

Am I missing anything else?

None of those were dealbreakers for me, and I'm coming from a Honda Fit, so Select+Comfort/Tech is going to be a dream for me. It's also coming a lot quicker than most folks who ordered Premiums.

Last edited:

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
This was covered extensively in another thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/retail-orders-stopping-feb-11th.14130/page-9

If you still want to put in an order for this model year did you consider Select + Comfort/Tech Package? I believe the main differences are that the Select + Comfort/Tech has
-No glass roof
-Smaller wheels
-No premium sound system
-No upgraded projector headlights
-No option for an extended range battery-- at least now-- I can't remember if it was an option before.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Premium had slightly less range than a Select (w/ same battery/powertrain) since it has bigger wheels, but now I'm not so sure... so maybe I made that up.

Am I missing anything else?

None of those were dealbreakers for me, and I'm coming from a Honda Fit, so Select+Comfort/Tech is going to be a dream for me. It's also coming a lot quicker than most folks who ordered Premiums.
Light Space Grey seat option

OP
OP

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I don't mind waiting, but I do want the glass roof, premium sound, extended range AWD, and specific color. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger, so I'm not looking to snipe a canceled order just yet.

If I'm understanding comments here correctly, it sounds like the premium model isn't gone entirely, but will be available again either for the model 2023 year, or when production numbers have reduced the size of the wait queue sufficiently; is that right? Any guesses when that's likely to be?

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
I don't mind waiting, but I do want the glass roof, premium sound, extended range AWD, and specific color. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger, so I'm not looking to snipe a canceled order just yet.

If I'm understanding comments here correctly, it sounds like the premium model isn't gone entirely, but will be available again either for the model 2023 year, or when production numbers have reduced the size of the wait queue sufficiently; is that right? Any guesses when that's likely to be?
The MY 2022 order bank opened on October 1, 2021, so it's almost definitely not going to be later than October 1st. Though it could certainly be sooner, especially if Ford decides they don't want to wait until the last moment (December 31st) for the MY changeover at the factory. Any MY 2023 orders will certainly miss out on the full tax credit (best estimate is that the full credit will end December 31-- worst case it might even end September 30). That said, a partial tax credit should be available most if not all of 2023.

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

1645819591158.png
We have covered this in previous threads, effective today the order banks for the '22 Premium and California Route 1 are closed, for now you can still order Select and GT trim levels, no surprise here at all.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I would wait for MY 23 instead of getting a select, but that’s just me - I’m a check all the boxes guy.

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Why should it be, you are free to chose whatever trim level you want, I think Ford has done a good job with the options and trims.
This makes the supply chain and manufacturing so much easier and more profitable - People want things when they have options presented to them, take those options away, they might complain but they'll buy. Never offer those options an the customer wouldn't have even asked for them .
Sponsored