Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just called the Ford customer service number and they told me that the vehicle delivery was pushed back to 4/19 as per their system. So much so for the promise of the delivery in 2-3 weeks time by Ms. Karen Jones and my tracker showing 2/20/22. Of course they had nothing better to offer except the car is on microchip hold. She was talking about welcoming me to the Ford family and confirming if this was my first Ford ........... I told her with their level of shitty service and communication they shouldn't be so sure about it. They did have the nerve to ask me how likely I was to recommend the @Ford Motor Company at the end of the call .............................................. :mad::mad::mad:
Depressing news. I answered survey with all 1’s, only because I couldn’t give zero’s

my tracker say 3/2 but fully expecting April and after seeing this maybe May, more microchip hold isn’t surprising but when they tell you it’s only a few weeks away and then this. on top of all of this all they report in the press they are doubling or tripling the number of MME’s they will make, pure lies?
Sponsored

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I just called the Ford customer service number and they told me that the vehicle delivery was pushed back to 4/19 as per their system. So much so for the promise of the delivery in 2-3 weeks time by Ms. Karen Jones and my tracker showing 2/20/22. Of course they had nothing better to offer except the car is on microchip hold. She was talking about welcoming me to the Ford family and confirming if this was my first Ford ........... I told her with their level of shitty service and communication they shouldn't be so sure about it. They did have the nerve to ask me how likely I was to recommend the @Ford Motor Company at the end of the call .............................................. :mad::mad::mad:
Im totally convinced they read from a script as this is the exact answers Ive gotten !

dkd6214

First Name
Dolly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
This is total garbage. On top of it, today they announced giving Job 1 Mach-e’s a free year of blue cruise as part of their “Customer satisfaction program”. @Ford Motor Company where is our customer satisfaction program response for the length of time we’re waiting for our cars?!

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
I would expect that with holiday week and considering now it's a delivery truck/train issue. I had a 12/6 delivery and purchased on 12/8 built on 10/27. Order on 5/31. Cali delivery which I have heard has a priority.
Uh huh.

5/16 order, So Cal dealer and I've got the TBD-3/3/22 combo plate delivery schedule.

See you and raise you fiddy.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Uh huh.

5/16 order, So Cal dealer and I've got the TBD-3/3/22 combo plate delivery schedule.

See you and raise you fiddy.
Allocation. I suspect the dealer has a waiting list and your # 8 and they get 2 per month... my dealer I picked sold all of their cars in 2020 as soon as they got it and I was like their 2nd MME order. (Demo was the first). It matters. Another high volume dealership I bought from when I lived in bay area was getting arrivals every week and I had to say "I am waiting... sorry" . I believe I would have gotten mine 2 mos earlier with that dealer due to their 10-13 car sales per day during full inventory days.. 800+ Ford and third party cars on lot prior to shortage.

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
Allocation. I suspect the dealer has a waiting list and your # 8 and they get 2 per month... my dealer I picked sold all of their cars in 2020 as soon as they got it and I was like their 2nd MME order. (Demo was the first). It matters. Another high volume dealership I bought from when I lived in bay area was getting arrivals every week and I had to say "I am waiting... sorry" . I believe I would have gotten mine 2 mos earlier with that dealer due to their 10-13 car sales per day during full inventory days.. 800+ Ford and third party cars on lot prior to shortage.
Whatevs. I'm #8 eh? What orifice did you pull that out of?

My dealer is the only one I've seen with a thread in this site with glowing reviews for their commitment to their customers; folks from San Diego proper come up to N. County to order from Encinitas Ford because they aren't shysters. I was able to test drive a Mach-E before I ordered on 5/15 (order recognized by Ford the next day); someone's order came in and they declined (not the package we wanted so we didn't go for it).

In any case, this sucks for both of us, and even more for folks who ordered before either of us and are still hitting that refresh button.

Cheers.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Whatevs. I'm #8 eh? What orifice did you pull that out of?

My dealer is the only one I've seen with a thread in this site with glowing reviews for their commitment to their customers; folks from San Diego proper come up to N. County to order from Encinitas Ford because they aren't shysters. I was able to test drive a Mach-E before I ordered on 5/15 (order recognized by Ford the next day); someone's order came in and they declined (not the package we wanted so we didn't go for it).

In any case, this sucks for both of us, and even more for folks who ordered before either of us and are still hitting that refresh button.

Cheers.
It's worth the wait. Ask your dealer for the visibility report. It will say the latest on your VIN plus priority code plus ask how many are ahead.

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
It's worth the wait. Ask your dealer for the visibility report. It will say the latest on your VIN plus priority code plus ask how many are ahead.
Definitely. On the bright side, The Mrs and I have a "car pmt" savings account; we put money into it every month, even if we don't have car payments (like now), at which point it becomes the "down pmt" account. It keeps getting bigger.

I've asked for the VVR report and gotten it. More recently, I called Ford support and they've said I'm on Chip Hold. However, I didn't ask about priority. That said...my build week happened: 12/6, build started on 12/11. For a long time, I had a delivery date in 12/21; even after the new year! Then end of January, then Feb, then TBD, now 3/3.

If your priority ranking pushes your chip hold car further down the list of chip holders, such that cars that started production well after you get their chips first, that seems patently wrong. If supply chains were running normally, your car would make it through the assembly line quickly, without being set aside so a higher priority car could breeze through; the higher priority car would've started ahead in that batch. But, weird times call for even weirder actions. Maybe that is happening. More likely, the (for lack of a better term) lower-end models have fewer chip requirements and so get out of chip purgatory sooner. Or, they're using the eenie meenie miney mo method.

Sigh. One day this'll all be behind us and we'll just be zooming around in our awesome Mach-E's!

EDIT: My estimated delivery just changed to 5/1. Two more weeks and a day after that will be the anniversary of when I ordred.

Last edited:

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Definitely. On the bright side, The Mrs and I have a "car pmt" savings account; we put money into it every month, even if we don't have car payments (like now), at which point it becomes the "down pmt" account. It keeps getting bigger.

I've asked for the VVR report and gotten it. More recently, I called Ford support and they've said I'm on Chip Hold. However, I didn't ask about priority. That said...my build week happened: 12/6, build started on 12/11. For a long time, I had a delivery date in 12/21; even after the new year! Then end of January, then Feb, then TBD, now 3/3.

If your priority ranking pushes your chip hold car further down the list of chip holders, such that cars that started production well after you get their chips first, that seems patently wrong. If supply chains were running normally, your car would make it through the assembly line quickly, without being set aside so a higher priority car could breeze through; the higher priority car would've started ahead in that batch. But, weird times call for even weirder actions. Maybe that is happening. More likely, the (for lack of a better term) lower-end models have fewer chip requirements and so get out of chip purgatory sooner. Or, they're using the eenie meenie miney mo method.

Sigh. One day this'll all be behind us and we'll just be zooming around in our awesome Mach-E's!

EDIT: My estimated delivery just changed to 5/1. Two more weeks and a day after that will be the anniversary of when I ordred.
We saw some of this crazy chip delay calendar last year with an 8 week hold. I bet they are hedging on a shipment being delayed as they feed the cars on the line most efficient and then fix the cars off the line. I have heard of Ford getting involved and tracking vehicles and sending them through. Figure 5 weeks to ship and back up from there when you see delivery estimates.

QueasyLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1
Country flag
I still have 3/2/22 as my delivery date, but expecting that might change as well given everyone elses experience. Wow.

dkd6214

First Name
Dolly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Tracker has finally updated to push my delivery date back - estimated delivery date now 5/14,/22, so almost 11 months after when I gave my dealer my deposit and signed papers on 6/18/21.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tracker is working for me this morning and delivery date is still 3/2/22, for how long I do not know

KHwlc317

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Tracker is working for me this morning and delivery date is still 3/2/22, for how long I do not know
Tracker just updated delivery to 4/16/22, was 1/7 moved to 2/18 and now this. My original order/accepted date was 5/28, production scheduled 11/17 eventually moving to 12/6 where it sits "in production".
Having a hard time believing chip delays can cause a potential 11 month production schedule. All this with no communication from Ford apart from the ever changing delivery date on the tracker. Dealer likewise claims they are completely in the dark.
Could it be that Ford just doesn't want to build this car and move on with their 2022 production? Probably sounds a little paranoid but i've tried and failed using logic to understand this situation.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tracker just updated delivery to 4/16/22, was 1/7 moved to 2/18 and now this. My original order/accepted date was 5/28, production scheduled 11/17 eventually moving to 12/6 where it sits "in production".
Having a hard time believing chip delays can cause a potential 11 month production schedule. All this with no communication from Ford apart from the ever changing delivery date on the tracker. Dealer likewise claims they are completely in the dark.
Could it be that Ford just doesn't want to build this car and move on with their 2022 production? Probably sounds a little paranoid but i've tried and failed using logic to understand this situation.
I am with you, I believe they are having more issues other than chips that are causing these delays.

what they are , I have no idea

OP
OP
rohankumar

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
My tracker finally worked today morning and I am pushed back from 2/20 to 4/19. It's officially time to scoping out other EV's, so sick and tired of lack of / false communication from the manufacturer. Time to go work with other makers than actually value my money and loyalty.
Sponsored