Now That's Performance! KIA EV6 GT - 165MPH Extreme Thermal Test

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The M3P in factory trim is solid in a straight line, but on a track it doesn't compete, stock/stock.
1700752297008.png

1700752316589.png

1700752330499.png
1 second slower on a specific track sounds like it competes just fine. You can make up more than a second with a simple tire swap.

And it’s still cheaper.

The EV6 GT is a serious performer either way.

The track comparisons are interesting but the use case is next to nothing. In two years I think 3 people here have actually taken their cars to a track.

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
1 second slower on a specific track sounds like it competes just fine. You can make up more than a second with a simple tire swap.

And it’s still cheaper.

The EV6 GT is a serious performer either way.

The track comparisons are interesting but the use case is next to nothing. In two years I think 3 people here have actually taken their cars to a track.
It's not just the time. Look at the 3 lap comparison. They were hotlapped. It also speaks to thermal design, which translates to longevity, etc. as well. Notice how only the Tesla and H/K and ICE vehicles post consistent or even better lap-by-lap times. This is part of what I look for in an EV, because in that 100*F+ summer heat that eats batteries in time, this is what will keep the pack alive and at low degradation.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It's not just the time. Look at the 3 lap comparison. They were hotlapped. It also speaks to thermal design, which translates to longevity, etc. as well. Notice how only the Tesla and H/K and ICE vehicles post consistent or even better lap-by-lap times. This is part of what I look for in an EV, because in that 100*F+ summer heat that eats batteries in time, this is what will keep the pack alive and at low degradation.
Not sure if you can draw that conclusion from that data though.

All it means is that Kia and Tesla don’t pull horsepower when you’re running hard.

In terms of battery longevity and reliability that may actually be a bad thing.

We have no clue what kinda thermal management the Mach E has when power is unrestricted because Ford won’t let us try. This is probably better for battery longevity, but obviously sucks for racing around a track.

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
Not sure if you can draw that conclusion from that data though.

All it means is that Kia and Tesla don’t pull horsepower when you’re running hard.

In terms of battery longevity and reliability that may actually be a bad thing.

We have no clue what kinda thermal management the Mach E has when power is unrestricted because Ford won’t let us try. This is probably better for battery longevity, but obviously sucks for racing around a track.
This is true. I have been keeping up with EV6 degradation though, and found one 3rd party test by a shop that specializes in these things which placed the 76K mile degradation at 4%. Mind you, that is just one sample. In our FB group we have an Uber driver that fast-charges multiple times daily sometimes, and is over 100K miles and "can't tell a difference, I get the same est. as when new basically", which of course is anecdotal but still encouraging.
Sponsored