Oh dear - my turn for the hvbjb failure šŸ˜ž

Mtm81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e awd ex
Country flag
Last night on way home - ā€˜service vehicle soonā€™ pops on dash . App fires off the high bolt age battery and drivetrain errors..

urrgh..

get it home , get it recovered to local dealer today and am now the proud user of a Vauxhall corsa ev for the foreseeable..

no idea how long it will take to get the parts after itā€™s officially ā€™diagnosedā€™ on the 2nd.

still hasnā€™t put me off the car , and I canā€™t wait to get it back ..

No idea when that will be though . šŸ˜¢
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully your dealer can get the parts quickly and has an opening for a tech to work on it shortly after the parts arrive. šŸ˜•šŸ©

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
As intrusive as changing the HVBJB is, itā€™s a fairly simple process. Had mine changed yesterday. Took less than 5 hours of actual work.

OP
OP

Mtm81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e awd ex
Country flag
Cheers for the best wishes ā€”
Honestly hasnā€™t put me off.

In my time Iā€™ve owned lotusā€™ , Porsches, Nissan 350zā€™s, and an m2 and hand on heart, this mach-e is my favourite.

such a laugh to drive, and Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be sorted quickly.. even if itā€™s not so Iā€™m not driving this corsa for long..

OP
OP

Mtm81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e awd ex
Country flag
Oh ffsā€¦ just had feedback from the dealership.

confirmed itā€™s the hvbjb (obviously) but cannot fix it as , becuase there is an active recall for that part/issue AND that recall is currently ā€˜on holdā€™ - they cannot do anything until they hear from ford.

So if I had broken down before the recall was issued to the uk (early dec I think?) they would have fixed it fine, but now becuase the pending recall ā€˜mayā€™ mean itā€™s a different fix- they wonā€™t do anything..

In touch with ford ev service team to try and sort it but seems theyā€™re all stuck behind ā€˜computer says noā€™ mentality.

Iā€™m pretty certain the recall when active wonā€™t be any different to what the fix is when it breaks anyway but for some reason my dealership wonā€™t budge.

Anyone got any advice before I start to go to defcon 5 with them? šŸ˜‚

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Does the BEV team handle stuff in the UK like they do here? (Not that they are some ninja's or anything close but they tend to be able to kick a can a little harder down the road from what I've read)

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If HVJB fails dealers should fix it, it will also take care of recall. There is a Ford bulletin on this very subject. I can't find it but @Ford should be able to help you.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
If HVJB fails dealers should fix it, it will also take care of recall. There is a Ford bulletin on this very subject. I can't find it but @Ford should be able to help you.
I think you are referring to this:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...replacement-powertrain-software-update.32557/

The OP lives in the UK, and Ford is subject to different laws and regulations there. The U.S. recall might be helpful, but it is probably not applicable and his dealer will likely reject it as irrelevant. They need something official from Ford in the UK.

OP
OP

Mtm81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e awd ex
Country flag
Cheers for those - so reading all of those docs - including the original one (recall one) which actually has the same recall number as the UK recall number - it is basically saying all the same thing - replace the part.

Only difference appears that in some cases they replaced it with a refurb of an original part, but with adjustments, then they replaced it with a new part. Possibly with a minor change to a couple of other bits and pieces in terms of the work involved.

But in any event -the end game was to replace the part...

I'm not sure what else Ford UK 'could' say to my dealership..
Seems my car is stuck between Ford UK and the dealership trying to figure out what colour gloves the mechanic should wear whilst they do the repair instead of just fixing the bloody car..

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
Last night on way home - ā€˜service vehicle soonā€™ pops on dash . App fires off the high bolt age battery and drivetrain errors..

urrgh..

get it home , get it recovered to local dealer today and am now the proud user of a Vauxhall corsa ev for the foreseeable..

no idea how long it will take to get the parts after itā€™s officially ā€™diagnosedā€™ on the 2nd.

still hasnā€™t put me off the car , and I canā€™t wait to get it back ..

No idea when that will be though . šŸ˜¢
I just checked the NHTSA website and nothing on my VIN. Should I be worried?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yes. Sell everything you own and buy corn futures.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If your MME was produced after May of 2022 or has had its HVBJB replaced since then, your VIN should not be on the list. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e ER RWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Oh ffsā€¦ just had feedback from the dealership.

confirmed itā€™s the hvbjb (obviously) but cannot fix it as , becuase there is an active recall for that part/issue AND that recall is currently ā€˜on holdā€™ - they cannot do anything until they hear from ford.

So if I had broken down before the recall was issued to the uk (early dec I think?) they would have fixed it fine, but now becuase the pending recall ā€˜mayā€™ mean itā€™s a different fix- they wonā€™t do anything..

In touch with ford ev service team to try and sort it but seems theyā€™re all stuck behind ā€˜computer says noā€™ mentality.

Iā€™m pretty certain the recall when active wonā€™t be any different to what the fix is when it breaks anyway but for some reason my dealership wonā€™t budge.

Anyone got any advice before I start to go to defcon 5 with them? šŸ˜‚
Cheers for those - so reading all of those docs - including the original one (recall one) which actually has the same recall number as the UK recall number - it is basically saying all the same thing - replace the part.

Only difference appears that in some cases they replaced it with a refurb of an original part, but with adjustments, then they replaced it with a new part. Possibly with a minor change to a couple of other bits and pieces in terms of the work involved.

But in any event -the end game was to replace the part...

I'm not sure what else Ford UK 'could' say to my dealership..
Seems my car is stuck between Ford UK and the dealership trying to figure out what colour gloves the mechanic should wear whilst they do the repair instead of just fixing the bloody car..
I had the same issue with my car a couple of weeks ago. Had the car for 15months and have done 25k miles in it. Had the service due soon notification so phoned the dealer to check when it was due a service and was told in another year and not to worry about it. Shortly after that I got the recall letter and after an hour on the phone to try and get this booked in I was told that the recall was on hold until at least the middle of 2024. What's the point in sending the recall letter if you won't be recalling it until next year?

Having owed several over cars over the years from BMW, Skodas and VWs the service from Ford UK and their dealer network is poor.

Where you told the recall would be middle of 2024 as well?

OP
OP

Mtm81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e awd ex
Country flag
Not been told anything about why on hold but surely cannot be expected to wait until the summer for a repair?!

smoke20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Occupation
Electrical engineer
Country flag
My MME has been bulletproof for the short time I have owned it (10 months 9,000 miles). However, my wife's 2023 Volvo C40 has problems and Volvo is doing an amazingly poor job addressing a couple widely experienced problems while they continue to sell them. Sorry to hear about your contactor failure. In the eyes of the auto makers, I feel we are all just 'grains if sand' on a big beach...or lint on your sport coat... What would seem to be an unreasonable repair period to us, is (yawn) nothing to the auto maker. Hope you are back up soon.
Sponsored