"One Touch" camera access?

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I would like to even go a step further and have the park assist button be configurable to allow camera view with a single tap and park assist with either a double tap or a long press, and vice/versa. I have never used park assist once so it's just a useless button for me right now.
This makes sense to me and a lot of people here on the forums I'm sure, but in real life people would be confused by that. For instance the trunk hatch on my Toyota Sienna has a button to push, but if you push it twice it sets the height to which it goes before it stops. It has a "2X" on it. More than once someone that isn't familiar with the vehicle has pushed it twice to try and close it. Then they are confused as to why it didn't move and press it twice again. Toyota would have been better off just making the double press to set the height a "hidden" feature.
The park assist button might be a better use case for the double tap though. /shrug
Sponsored

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This makes sense to me and a lot of people here on the forums I'm sure, but in real life people would be confused by that. For instance the trunk hatch on my Toyota Sienna has a button to push, but if you push it twice it sets the height to which it goes before it stops. It has a "2X" on it. More than once someone that isn't familiar with the vehicle has pushed it twice to try and close it. Then they are confused as to why it didn't move and press it twice again. Toyota would have been better off just making the double press to set the height a "hidden" feature.
The park assist button might be a better use case for the double tap though. /shrug
That's why it's an option. It would just retain the default functionality unless you knew to go into the menus and change it. And it could be tied to driver profile. So a driver that doesn't know about it wouldn't encounter it anyway.

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
Some cars have a feature that if speed get below lets say 10 MiH cams will be automatically turned on. I kinda like it, even in stop and go traffic.

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag
Speaking of one-touch buttons, is there a way to get to the calm screen in one touch?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Speaking of one-touch buttons, is there a way to get to the calm screen in one touch?
If you have the latest software, press the volume knob in (the plastic ring not the lcd spot in the middle)

Last edited:

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Yes please forward the idea of "shortcut buttons" at the top of the screen near the profile icon to the software overlords, @Ford Motor Company !

daviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Bought the rear sway bar and almost ordered the front sway bar during the last sale. Glad I waited and read this post. No way am I buying the front sway bar if I have to cut a brand new part as shown here. Shame on Steeda for not acknowledging the issue and modifying the part.
Sponsored