Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I charge to 80% because that leaves me with more range than I use. The manual says 90%. Avoid charging to 100% when you don't actually need 100% range. If storing the car without using it for extended periods (e.g. not planning to drive it for a month or more) then 50% is ideal.

The middle range (not fully charging nor fully draining) is ideal.
Please explain how we avoid that? Mine charges immediately and always hits 100% if not manually unplugged ever since it showed up. It has been a charging maintenance nightmare for the first 2 months. Throw in a drained 12V with a flatbed it has just been rosy. Manual charging at home was not what I expected for the cost of this vehicle. Wonder when the L2 charging problems will get some attention? I have no problem or care for paak as it has nothing to do with the basics of maintaining your new purchase. Got this popup this morning.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Optimal Battery Charge Level? Untitled-1

The workaround is hit (initiate) it once (it will error out most of the time) then hit (hold) it quick again and it will start (8 to 9 times out of 10). After the 12V draining and the vehicle not maintaining itself at all you have a tendency to check it is still alive and it has been. There is no workaround for a dysfunctional home changing schedule. Want to report here that it works and discuss recommended SOC but that appears to be a long road and is taking considerable time. Feeling for the ones that can not L2 charge at all. But for those with no real problems except remote start not working the first time they are working on that. Hoping for a fix soon to charging problems if for nothing more than to just to get rid of me and/or shut me up. Been long enough and looking for at least some sort of acknowledgement at this point, not excuses and finger pointing at me. What I got was why do you need a schedule what's wrong with just keeping it at 100%. Possibly I need you to explain this to them? How many other owner bought that? Only 2 in N.A. ya right.
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
While it may be considered a dead topic by people that have already looked into it, for someone that is new to the world of EV’s, it is not a dead topic. If you have that much sand in your underwear when someone posts a thread about battery charging, might I kindly suggest that you simply scroll past if you don’t want to participate in a constructive manner?
Did you fail to notice the five links to threads that I shared?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I charged the first 3 times to 100% then been charging to 90% as ford says. No problems
I have charged it to 100% well over 10 times. Please explain a bit further no schedule and charge 3 times to 100%? I should have spotted that 100% charge is OK the first 3 times in the manual as the first thing I did was set up a schedule since it came with only 50% SOC. Never thought about that requirement and looking for the fix as no advice is forth coming from my dealer and/or ford. It resets at every stage of the schedule for me right now but after 2 months I am willing to try anything.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Can someone go into detail on how to set charging to stop at 90%?
In the app, go to :
Vehicle > Manage EV > Charge Times > (Pick a location - you must have a location saved, such as home) > Use Preferred charge settings

On this screen, you can use a slider to set the max charge level anywhere from 50% to 100%.

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
i did notice them. After reading through the passive aggressive crap you preceded them with.
Seems to me like my response was constructive and contributive, then.
This is a road I don't care to go down. Let's keep our opinions to ourselves.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Seems to me like my response was constructive and contributive, then.
This is a road I don't care to go down. Let's keep our opinions to ourselves.
Don't let the rude bother you it is a trend that persists in this forum. As further is reveal it is normally determined that they all have one thing in common.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
No it won't

Same here does not work.
Don’t know what to tell you.
I’ve had no issues since day 1 and it works for me. Good luck

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I do not believe you need the app.
Use the charge settings in your MMe.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I'm still not convinced... I don't think we should worry about the SOC and we should feel comfortable allowing it to go to 100% of the DASH/APP reported SOC. Am I wrong?

So, the State of Charge:
Since Ford does NOT allow you to fill 100% of the Battery ...
Why is everyone only charging to 80-90% SOC based on the DASH/APP report? Isn't that really 70-75% of the Battery?

Battery Config: 98.8 kWh
Usable Battery Config: 88 kWh (~90% of actual Battery)
User Charged to 80%: 70.4 kWh (~70.4% of Battery)

Manual recommends ~90% SOC:
Is that 100% of the Usable 88 kWh (~90% of actual Battery)?
or
Is that 90% of the Usable 88 kWh (~80% of actual Battery)?
I'm in this thought. It's like they recommended 90% SOC, so they made only 90% SOC available for the total battery. There for, created a situation you can't overcharge.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm in this thought. It's like they recommended 90% SOC, so they made only 90% SOC available for the total battery. There for, created a situation you can't overcharge.
I'm assuming that since it's in the user manual, that they're recommending the end user to charge to 90% of the meter the end user sees. The average user won't understand that 100% is not actually 100% as you mention. See my longer answer here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ask-an-electrical-engineer.4307/post-129050

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've heard you're not supposed to charge EVs to 100% for your daily driving. Is that true? What should my charge level be?
The manual says 90% on L1/L2 chargers, 80% on DC Fast Charge.

BeliaEllet

First Name
Belia Ellet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Hi....the most perfect for battery wellbeing is by all accounts 80% or even 70% yet the guarantee doesn't limit you so the differential is tiny and gradual. I think we tend to overthink it on this discussion. On the off chance that you follow as far as possible guidance, day by day implies anything between 50 - 90%. In the event that I charge past that to go on an outing I don't mull over it.

pcb assembly services
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK